Alabama church police force

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Alabama church would like its own police force
(22-03-2017 08:52 AM)Astreja Wrote:  The more I think about this, the more I ask the question "What are they really up to?" What can they do with a police force that they cannot do with deputized peace officers operating under the aegis of the secular justice system, or with security guards?

In other words, what abuses are they planning to commit? Do they want to hold uncooperative family members in custody when they refuse to go to church? Arrest women for "inappropriate" dress? Just plain shoot people they don't like?

I wondered the same. My guess is they are trying to close the gap between separation of church and state. They have never had a better opportunity than right now, with so many like-minded politicians in seats of high power.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2017, 05:04 PM
First thing.
How much crime is going on at this church ?
What kind of crimes ?

Are there people conning people out of their money on a weekly basis ?

How often are they calling the police ?
If anything, just hire more policeman for the city as a whole.

There is no organization, nor business that needs their own police force, unless they simply don't want the expense of hiring security guards.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
22-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Alabama church would like its own police force
(22-03-2017 09:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Notice that no good and true Christian has prayed that they get a police force of their own.

Reminds me of the reaction when you point out to the believers how shaky their faith really is. They get confused and the fog lifts when you point to the lightning rod on the steeple.
[+] 3 users Like Rachel's post
22-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(22-03-2017 07:26 AM)julep Wrote:  My opinion is that something VERY bad is going on at the church and they want to be able to cover it up more easily. Much worse than drug busts at its schools.

Cover up? Really? Paranoid much?

I admit it's possible, but I mean, look at the Catholic Church. They've had their own private police force for centuries and they've never covered up ANYTHING.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
22-03-2017, 06:35 PM
The Lord High Sparrow sends His regards.

[Image: Faith-Militant-557941.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
22-03-2017, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 06:48 PM by Shai Hulud.)
As others have said, a blatant violation of separation of church and state. It's bad enough when local police cruisers, like back home, put "in God we trust" stickers on in place of "serve and protect". In the U.S., corrections has actually been given a shot under religious guidance before, and it went horribly*...so let's not try law enforcement.

The Quakers were behind the penitentiary system. They hoped that people would be able to repent of their sins/crimes in total isolation with only the Bible to read and transported around the prison with head fully covered so they couldn't see anyone, on the rare times they were allowed out to exercise. The results were basically a lot of people went crazy; turns out reading the Bible as a penance method isn't that good, particularly when most of the population is illiterate.

Edit:
(22-03-2017 06:35 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  The Lord High Sparrow sends His regards.

[Image: Faith-Militant-557941.jpg]

Ever notice how much my Pope looks like the High Sparrow?

[Image: kGWE2vt.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2017, 06:51 PM
He really does look like him!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
22-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Y'know, the Nazi party had its own police force, the Communist party had its own police force, ...

I'm seeing some parallels. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Alabama church would like its own police force
[Image: a58a30fa8174780a7d1f3ed78be3d512.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23-03-2017, 03:00 AM
No reason at all for church to get it's own police force. Or maybe they have a reason but I doubt that reason would be acceptable to general, not indoctrinated public.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.