Alabama church police force

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: Fetch the Holy Hand Grenade!
(15-04-2017 05:20 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 07:42 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I foresee it continuing unchecked despite multiple epic scandals.

> The first scandal will probably involve people getting arrested for violating religious codes, like watering their lawns or cleaning out the garage on Sunday. Facepalm

Police officers hired by Briarwood Presbyterian would need to be certified by a state standards and training commission, according to the bill, SB193.
The officers' authority would be restricted to the church's campuses and properties.

I think lawn-watering on Sunday will be OK. Consider

For now. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-04-2017, 05:32 AM
(15-04-2017 05:20 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 07:42 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I foresee it continuing unchecked despite multiple epic scandals.

> The first scandal will probably involve people getting arrested for violating religious codes, like watering their lawns or cleaning out the garage on Sunday. Facepalm

I'd be waiting on the first drive-by shooting because of doctrinal differences.

Take that for not believing in the rapture!

[Image: 295124-928235_20050519_screen001.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-04-2017, 06:48 AM
(15-04-2017 05:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Police officers hired by Briarwood Presbyterian would need to be certified by a state standards and training commission, according to the bill, SB193.
The officers' authority would be restricted to the church's campuses and properties.

"It was their decision," Waggoner tells Yeager, "and if they wanted to have their own police force, you know, I don't see any reason why they can't. It's not unusual."

It's not unusual? Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-04-2017, 07:45 AM
(15-04-2017 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 05:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  Police officers hired by Briarwood Presbyterian would need to be certified by a state standards and training commission, according to the bill, SB193.

"It was their decision," Waggoner tells Yeager, "and if they wanted to have their own police force, you know, I don't see any reason why they can't. It's not unusual."

This isn't new ya know.

The Vatican has had mercenary troops for over 500 years. (Swiss Guard)....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-04-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: Alabama church police force
(15-04-2017 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  "It was their decision," Waggoner tells Yeager, "and if they wanted to have their own police force, you know, I don't see any reason why they can't. It's not unusual."

This isn't new ya know.

The Pope is also an autocratic ruler with an advisory group of people and no separation of powers. Tongue He's not an American church violating the separation of state and church by being allowed to create and maintain a police force, a state function.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Men wearing dresses and fondling other men's bodies...

... would church police arrest these guys for inappropriate sexual contact in a public place? Confused

I note that this old fart does exactly the same sort of thing with little boys too. Why? Could it be construed as latent paedophiliac desires, and supported by the Catholic church—as it has been here in Australia? If I did this to some unknown little kid in the street, I can guarantee the cops would soon be knocking on my door.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
15-04-2017, 02:41 PM
They are welcome to have their own private security guards..... which sounds a bit like what they are getting re-branded with a fake name.....

This is total bullshit though. It is wrong. It needs to be stopped before things get out of hand.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
15-04-2017, 03:05 PM
(15-04-2017 02:36 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Men wearing dresses and fondling other men's bodies...

... would church police arrest these guys for inappropriate sexual contact in a public place? Confused

I note that this old fart does exactly the same sort of thing with little boys too. Why? Could it be construed as latent paedophiliac desires, and supported by the Catholic church—as it has been here in Australia? If I did this to some unknown little kid in the street, I can guarantee the cops would soon be knocking on my door.

It's just an innocent foot fetish. Yes Yeah, right. Gets him lots of street cred, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-04-2017, 03:07 PM
(15-04-2017 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This isn't new ya know.

That actually never occurred to me. How did I not think of that right away? Time to schedule that quarterly MRI. Facepalm I wonder if they used that as precedent in their argument, or rather lobbying?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 04:23 PM
(15-04-2017 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-04-2017 06:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  "It was their decision," Waggoner tells Yeager, "and if they wanted to have their own police force, you know, I don't see any reason why they can't. It's not unusual."

This isn't new ya know.

Yes, but the Vatican is an independent state, so it gets to hire its own police force.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post