Alabama gay marriage ban....unconstitutional

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Alabama gay marriage ban....unconstitutional
Waaaay behind the curve on that one. Ontario was, like, second in the world to let the gays marry. Our current premier is a lesbian.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-01-2015, 07:11 PM
When is Alabama going to be declared unconstitutional ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-01-2015, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2015 09:35 PM by Patriot10mm.)
The supreme court appears to be dodging the issue, or they believe that the U.S. Constitution doesn't cover marriages at the federal level. When the justices asked for written responses from both sides for the upcoming case in April, they asked that their briefs attempt to answer two questions. 1. Does the 14th amendment require a STATE to license a marriage between two people of the same sex? And 2. Does the 14th amendment require a STATE to recognize a marriage between two same sex people performed in other states?

It removes the individual rights ruling that the petitioners wanted and changes it to a STATES power ruling.

They could very likely vote that a state doesn't have to issue a license to gay couples, but could mandate recognizing licences from states that do. It would still give states the power to make their own laws regarding licensing but basically would make gay marriage legal in a roundabout way, since they could travel to a state that performs gay marriage and it would be valid everywhere. I mean, all states recognize straight couples marriages from other states. Makes sense.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
24-01-2015, 10:37 PM
AW: RE: Alabama gay marriage ban....unconstitutional
(24-01-2015 03:18 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The judge is a Bush appointment as well.
The judge in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial was appointed by Bush as well and yet he ruled against Intelligent Design. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-01-2015, 11:02 PM
After the *Citizens United* disaster, Roberts started worrying thinking about his legacy, (according to some court wags). This case has already been "litigated" (to death) in the Prop 8 California case. The is no "compelling state interest" in not allowing ss marriage. There is no demonstrated harm to children or anyone else ever been shown. Whether it's allowed now or in a few years ... it's now inevitable.

I have two predictions :
Thomas will vote against it AND he won't be able to think up any questions from the bench. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I think gay marriages are good I mean if people want to be married then good for them
25-01-2015, 06:59 PM
(25-01-2015 05:17 PM)Peanut butter bullet Wrote:  I think gay marriages are good I mean if people want to be married then good for them

My attitude's always been let 'em be as miserable as the rest of us.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Supremes are gonna put this shit to bed once and for all. Has nothing to do with social values and everything to do with "Do you fucking realize the tax nightmare this would cause?" - Scalia channeling RBG.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-01-2015, 08:39 PM
(25-01-2015 07:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Has nothing to do with social values and everything to do with "Do you fucking realize the tax nightmare this would cause?" - Scalia channeling RBG.

Yeah, why do you think polygamy is still illegal? The required changes to the tax system would just be too much damn work.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Now I can marry Hughsie in my own state.

And once polygamy is allowed, I can marry Atothetheist as well.

Shy
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post