Alaska is now green. Paving the way for other conservative states?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Alaska is now green. Paving the way for other conservative states?
Alaska is a pretty conservative state, so I'm kind of shocked by this.

http://news.yahoo.com/alaska-becomes-3rd...29888.html

I wonder how long it will be until LA follows suit?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-02-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Alaska is now green. Paving the way for other conservative states?
Yeah, I don't know. To me, this seems like one of those issues where the states might start toppling quickly. Then again, I'm surprised it took this long for it to be legalized in the first place. Status quo, I guess.

Conversely, I'm still surprised how quickly public opinion shifted on gay marriage in the last ten years. So, take any political speculation I say with lots of grains of salt.
24-02-2015, 05:29 PM
I think the domino effect is going to start with this soon. I think people are more willin to get on board with pot than gay marriage. I have a feeling it will go about the same as it has for gay marriage, but a little quicker..... I hope!! Smokin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-02-2015, 06:47 PM
(24-02-2015 05:29 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think the domino effect is going to start with this soon. I think people are more willin to get on board with pot than gay marriage. I have a feeling it will go about the same as it has for gay marriage, but a little quicker..... I hope!! Smokin

I think that's right.

#sigh
24-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Any of you read this book? I read it when it first came out in 1993 and wondered if we would ever see gay rights and legalized pot...and looky here, well on our way.
This book changed my mind on how I looked at our society.

http://www.amazon.com/Aint-Nobodys-Busin...192976717X

Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country (ISBN 0-931580-58-7) is a book by Peter McWilliams in which he presents the history of legislation against what he feels are victimless crimes, or crimes that are committed consensually, as well as arguments for their legalization.

The book is divided into five sections.

Part I gives a definition of victimless and consensual crime and outlines the difference between personal morality and governmentally-imposed morality.

Part II presents arguments against the criminalization of victimless crimes.

Part III gives a closer look into some of the individual activities which the author classifies as consensual crimes, such as prostitution and marijuana use, but which the majority of criminologists would classify as victimless.

Part IV gives historical examples of the treatment of consensual and victimless crimes, such as Prohibition, and Biblical examples.

Part V advises readers on what to do to change the laws.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-02-2015, 06:45 AM
On a related note, I just heard that several cities in Michigan that decriminalizing small amounts of recreational pot, which goes against state law.

http://michiganradio.org/post/these-14-c...on-and-use
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
25-02-2015, 06:58 AM
What I find odd -- they go on about "marihuana now being legal" in Alaska ---- It SHOULD say "Marihuana is legal AGAIN"!!!!!!!

My first duty station was in Anchorage - in 1979 -- and at that time it was legal to grow pot in your own home - and it was legal to have up to 3 POUNDS for personal possession...

I actually had a police officer respond to a call I made (someone trashed my car) -- and when she showed up - I was smoking a bong full and had my rolling tray out covered with good buds..... I even offered her some. "Sorry - on duty"...

You would see bigassed pot plants in peoples living room windows at Christmas --- decorated like a christmas tree......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post