Alcoholic God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: Alcoholic God.
It seems to me, over-analyzing a program that you are in, that seems to be working for you, could be hazardous to your program.
I believe there are some AAisms that speak directly to over-thinking your program. Please, be careful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I thought this thread would be about Dionysius....who at least is a cool god unlike fucking jesus who is just a killjoy.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
05-12-2014, 12:29 AM
(05-12-2014 12:24 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I thought this thread would be about Dionysius....who at least is a cool god unlike fucking jesus who is just a killjoy.

Yea, Jebus wrecks my buzz every time. Cool
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM
(04-12-2014 11:54 PM)pablo Wrote:  It seems to me, over-analyzing a program that you are in, that seems to be working for you, could be hazardous to your program.
I believe there are some AAisms that speak directly to over-thinking your program. Please, be careful.
Rule 62 says "don't take yourself so seriously."
Particularly important when considering any metaphysical notions.
05-12-2014, 11:51 PM
To accomplish the great work, the ego must admit the existence of the consciousness, and it must admit that it is not the consciousness. Traditionally this truth has been taught to the uninitiated by using the concept of god. This allows the ego to accept that consciousness is real, and to externalize it in a way that makes the ego feel safe. Of course the great work is to learn the nature of the parts and to learn to integrate them into a single working unit.

Yes, yes, I know, someone will now argue that to do this you have to wade through 300 generations (100 generations if you are a christian) of misunderstanding and misinformation. But that is only if you are listening to the story instead of the truth behind it. I know, I struggled with this too. For decades I struggled to find the truth behind the story. And when it began to make sense I discovered that the truth had been in plain sight the whole time, I just couldn't see it.

Stop looking at the story. Find the reason behind the story. Find the reason why the story has endured for almost 6000 years (2000 years if you are a christian).

Forgive me for getting metaphysical on you, but this is posted in the philosophy section.

P.S. Mr. Woof knows rule 62, that is interesting. How many days ago did you learn that one Mr. W?
06-12-2014, 12:52 PM
(05-12-2014 11:51 PM)Pointwithinacircle Wrote:  To accomplish the great work, the ego must admit the existence of the consciousness, and it must admit that it is not the consciousness. Traditionally this truth has been taught to the uninitiated by using the concept of god. This allows the ego to accept that consciousness is real, and to externalize it in a way that makes the ego feel safe. Of course the great work is to learn the nature of the parts and to learn to integrate them into a single working unit.

Yes, yes, I know, someone will now argue that to do this you have to wade through 300 generations (100 generations if you are a christian) of misunderstanding and misinformation. But that is only if you are listening to the story instead of the truth behind it. I know, I struggled with this too. For decades I struggled to find the truth behind the story. And when it began to make sense I discovered that the truth had been in plain sight the whole time, I just couldn't see it.

Stop looking at the story. Find the reason behind the story. Find the reason why the story has endured for almost 6000 years (2000 years if you are a christian).

Forgive me for getting metaphysical on you, but this is posted in the philosophy section.

P.S. Mr. Woof knows rule 62, that is interesting. How many days ago did you learn that one Mr. W?

I don't look to arbitrarily 'learn rules' by rote.
There are both up and down sides to everything....

As for the time span..... are you referring to Judaeo/Christianity?
Truth is a very slippery critter; nice to know you have trapped it.