Alcoholism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 06:20 AM
RE: Alcoholism
(31-01-2017 12:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 01:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  He binges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binge_drinking

Just ask him not to show up drunk at the funeral. Challenge his self control, bingers often take pride of being in control of drinking.

Pro Tip: If you have to control your drinking, you're an alcoholic. Drinking Beverage

Yes Chas, but bingers can control it for the duration of a funeral day and that's what is needed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2017, 08:35 AM
He's an alcoholic, and you can't do a thing about it in truth. It is all on him. You can ask for that one day and might get it, but I'd not have any high expectations.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
31-01-2017, 10:58 AM
(31-01-2017 06:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 12:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Pro Tip: If you have to control your drinking, you're an alcoholic. Drinking Beverage

Yes Chas, but bingers can control it for the duration of a funeral day and that's what is needed.

That's not a given.
If the binger has that first drink, all bets are off.

And that first drink is easy to rationalize, "Oh, I'll just have the one to steady me." Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-01-2017, 11:16 AM
(31-01-2017 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 06:20 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yes Chas, but bingers can control it for the duration of a funeral day and that's what is needed.

That's not a given.
If the binger has that first drink, all bets are off.

And that first drink is easy to rationalize, "Oh, I'll just have the one to steady me." Dodgy

That is the one that bingers refuse to take until it's Friday evening or whatever their schedule is. They have a schedule. I have a friend who was a binger for decades, until he was caught drunk driving and it scared him into doing something about it. It was his pride that he would never take a sip until 5pm on Fridays. Then he drank through Sunday and always went to bed drunk Sunday eve at 10 and was good to go to work on Monday. The schedule was carved in stone and he never faltered.

Sounds though like dad here went off the schedule. So, the thing to try to get him to be sober at the funeral is to tug on that pride. If that doesn't work, he'll be staying off schedule until he has reason to get help.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man