Alerting the moderators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Alerting the moderators
She did end up doing just that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 05:34 PM
(28-11-2013 02:48 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
28-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Bucky's getting 40 lashings, right?

Evil_monster
29-11-2013, 02:46 AM
(28-11-2013 09:42 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Bucky's getting 40 lashings, right?

Evil_monster

The kinky bastard would enjoy it!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
29-11-2013, 08:13 AM
(28-11-2013 05:34 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 02:48 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

This is in my opinion the best video the TTA video team has put together.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
29-11-2013, 08:30 AM
(27-11-2013 10:57 PM)Concerned Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ms. Concerned,
I don't think it means you are unfit. Could you maybe look into family counseling? It could be worth it to keep your family together. The relationship between you and son is worth saving I would think. Asking for help isn't a bad thing.

I do not need help. I don't have a problem my son does.

Mother to mother - this^ (your wording here) is a dangerous stance. This dug-in attitude will only prove to alienate your son and I'm pretty sure that's not what you want to do at this delicate juncture. Just trying to be helpful.
Religion can make for a chasm between the two of you. Instead of viewing your son as though he has a "problem" try to see that he, instead, has questions. Real questions. And you can help him in his seeking or you can try to Control him and watch him slip through your fingers - and gather resentment along his way.

think about WHY your son wants something more.

I wish you much luck!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
29-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Dear Ms. Concerned,

I always see this place as a supportgroup.
People can come her and share their thoughts in a place where they will not be judged.
Think of A.A., people seek support with those that have the same experiences they do, they vent there so they can function well for the rest of the day.

We've had men tell their stories of finding a new way in life, another denomination or even atheism and their wives responding by divorcing them and taking their kids away. The religion there destroyed families. The men come here, tell their stories and we listen, try and console and maybe help out.

I understand your son is 16, have you heard of the Amish tradition of Rumspringa? The very religious amish community send out their young adults to explore the world for a while (several months or maybe a year) to seek out other experiences and find their own way. The child can choose to return to the community or to follow their own path in life.

This forum, for instance, is not only visited by agnostics and atheists, there are some religious people too. (I believe the current head admin is?) Perhaps your son will meet his future wife here. Very likely? No, but not impossible either. If I recall correctly there is already a couple on this website.

The U.S.A. Is the most religious country in the world right now. But it cannot function without opposing views. If every politician would have thougt the same since 1776, you would only have the democratic party, there wouldn't even be republicans.
Heck, if you go back even further, the pilgrims would have never left the church of England and we'd alll still be over in Europe.

I don't know your son, I don't know his beliefs. But if he's already an atheist he will probably not return to religion. He might tell you he has, but that would be like saint Peter, who renounced jesus so he would not be persecuted.

Also sent as PM since forum appearances are irregular.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 3 users Like Caveman's post
29-11-2013, 11:12 AM
How many more of these dork seided threads are there? Been reading about this new TTA's God Warrior for hours now, and it just never ends. Is she gone?

DORK SEIDIED!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-11-2013, 11:24 AM
(29-11-2013 11:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  How many more of these dork seided threads are there? Been reading about this new TTA's God Warrior for hours now, and it just never ends. Is she gone?

DORK SEIDIED!

Big Grin

Cool - I had to look up "Seided" LOL (derrr) I learned a new word today. Thank you Big Grin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
29-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Errr... Sabrina, it was suppose to be "sided". Dark sided. But the Female God Warrior pronounces it a bit differently. Must be speaking in half-tongues, so we hear it ... strange. There were a lot of new words there, just listen to her carefully.

Big Grin

Oh, and hello, we haven't met before. Or have we?

Consider

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson