Aleve and hallucinations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Aleve and hallucinations
You took two Aleve and hallucinated????

Holy shit...

I remember one night we started off eating some shrooms, smoked some weed, drank some beer, dropped acid smoked some more weed, then started snorting amyl nitrate poppers and huffing balloons of nitrous oxide.... Then we went to see if we could find some hash oil.....

And I actually remember most of it...

We' d have been scraping your brains off the ceiling once they cooled down and quit vibrating.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-09-2017, 01:36 PM
(28-09-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 12:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I avoid all of the NS-AIDS because of their adverse hepatic effects. Old man liver don't need no more insults.
Yes it's a consideration.
On occasion I have to use across the board Ibuprofen.
And I've been taking it so long I have to take 6 or 7 at a time to even make a dent.
I know it's not good but sometimes I've got shit to do.

I use curcumin for inflammation. More powerful than the NS-AIDS for that, no analgesic effects, though.

(28-09-2017 01:02 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  This more than anything else is why I support legal weed.
Of course if I smoked weed I wouldn't get shit done.

I conclude that you are not a programmer then. Tongue

#sigh
28-09-2017, 06:08 PM
(28-09-2017 12:20 PM)JAH Wrote:  In case you did not know aleve can cause hallucinations.

I am going through a problem associated with my sciatic nerve. I took a bunch of aleve (actually a generic equivalent) the first day, twice the suggested maximum dosage if that makes a difference. Early the next morning I had these very weird visions, thankfully not frightening. I did not sleep that night because the aleve did no good and at first attributed the weird visions to lack of sleep.

I saw a doctor and got an opioid based pain killer that allowed me to sleep the next night but still early in the morning I had similar weird visions. This carried to the following morning with a very brief occurrence.

I looked around on the net and sure enough aleve (naproxen sodium) may cause hallucinations. I am not sure if my excessive consumption had anything to do with it but it was very real in my case. On top of that it did not work at all with me. I am dumping my supply.

> I have been taking Aleve (3 tablets daily) to relieve my arthritis pains for several years with no ill effects. Consider
28-09-2017, 06:28 PM
I've had some creepy visuals from ambien a few times.
28-09-2017, 06:38 PM
(28-09-2017 01:05 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 01:02 PM)julep Wrote:  I've taken buckets' worth of Aleve over the years and it didn't happen to me. At the prescription strength level I did get a bit of a woozy/well-being feeling with it.

You might want to get checked for ulcers. I had seven when they looked.

Yowza! I hope they're under control.

I can't stand going to the doctor, so I'll just have to hope my gut has stayed intact.
28-09-2017, 07:24 PM
I'm on 'script naproxen for my hip -- the VA would like to give me the good shit but that scares me, and this is their fallback. 500mg 2x day and I rarely take that, preferring instead to just deal with the pain. Even taking per rx, the pain never stops, the med only takes the edge off it. Probably why I'm such a cunt.

I've taken more than prescribed at times when John Henry acts up -- up to 2g/day on rare occasions -- and it's never given me psychotropic effects. Of course, having done fry and 'shrooms in my past, I probably have a high threshold for the funny stuff.

The big effect it has on me is heartburn. If I've had to use SN that day, I avoid acidic foods ... otherwise, my hip might be at almost subliminal pain levels, but I'll be damned if I can sleep with a stomach on fire.
28-09-2017, 08:47 PM
(28-09-2017 07:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm on 'script naproxen for my hip -- the VA would like to give me the good shit but that scares me, and this is their fallback. 500mg 2x day and I rarely take that, preferring instead to just deal with the pain. Even taking per rx, the pain never stops, the med only takes the edge off it. Probably why I'm such a cunt.

I've taken more than prescribed at times when John Henry acts up -- up to 2g/day on rare occasions -- and it's never given me psychotropic effects. Of course, having done fry and 'shrooms in my past, I probably have a high threshold for the funny stuff.

The big effect it has on me is heartburn. If I've had to use SN that day, I avoid acidic foods ... otherwise, my hip might be at almost subliminal pain levels, but I'll be damned if I can sleep with a stomach on fire.
Medicinal marijuana could be a good choice. Idk the type of pain you have but if it is anything to do with muscle tension or stiffness it works wonders.
28-09-2017, 10:03 PM
I'm not particularly tolerant of Aleve/Naproxen. Even in small doses my gut gets grumpy, and when I lie down at night my heart starts racing and scares the crap out of me. Now I'll only take a single tablet of it, early in the day and with food, and only if I have a lot of body aches or I'm expecting to do a lot of physically taxing work.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Ambien gives me hallucinations every night I take them. I took them tonight. Smile The forum looks so pretry this fine evening. With french clothing and cuisine and peanut butter with delicate powdered sugar. This is really nice. Heart

I miss when Tartarus was around to help me not druk post on the forum.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
29-09-2017, 02:56 AM
(29-09-2017 12:17 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I miss when Tartarus was around to help me not druk post on the forum.

He got raptured?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post