Alex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Alex
So... Anyone who has seen pictures of my dog Alex (which is prolly most people as I'm more likely to show pictures of him than I am of myself) should know what an awesome handsome boy he is. Well he's also a princess and that's ok. Alex however is really old (like 10 or 12 I don't really remember exactly)

Last night Alex got very dizzy, he's not vomiting or anything like that so I'm thinking either a bug has crawled in his ear, or he has an ear infection, or maybe he's just old. I've taken to keeping my hands on him at all times to help him feel grounded (except for typing this out lol he's curled up around my feet at the moment). I can't say I'm not extremely worried but seeing as he's only dizzy I'm not totally freaking out yet, I'll be taking him to the vet as soon as I can find out a way to pay for it.

Just thought I'd let you all know. I've been a bit quiet lately because I've been focused on trying to find a way into a more stable place in my life, I think I've been complaining too much lately and complaining isn't gonna do shit to improve things. But I think about all of you every day even if I'm not here.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Alex
It likely is nothing, but if he's getting on in years, and you're wondering about if there might be another cause, seeming dizziness or head-bobbing is a sign of neuronal decline in mammals to my knowledge.

Definitely worth taking him to a vet if you're concerned. My dog is my best friend. I know I would!

Regards! Smile Like your posts a lot when I see them!

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 01:52 PM
My dog and my cat are the only things in existence that like me. So yea they both are very important to me.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 01:52 PM
And Gwaithmir, I think Gwaithmir likes me Smile He's super cool like that.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
23-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Quote:My dog and my cat are the only things in existence that like me. So yea they both are very important to me.

Sometimes I feel that way too! Sad Just remember it's not true.

Ex: I like you.

Your statement is false. Smile

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Well Alex and Kitty are the only one's I can hug (though she gets annoyed after a bit over being held)

Would be nice to have more friendly faces around.

Big Grin
23-05-2017, 02:39 PM
(23-05-2017 02:36 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Well Alex and Kitty are the only one's I can hug (though she gets annoyed after a bit over being held)

Would be nice to have more friendly faces around.

Don't forget that, if you don't act normal, your dog won't act normal.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Hope your dog is okay *hugs*
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-05-2017, 03:12 PM
(23-05-2017 01:52 PM)JesseB Wrote:  And Gwaithmir, I think Gwaithmir likes me Smile He's super cool like that.

> Thanks, Jesse. You're cool too.

> I agree with Cosmo. An older dog suffering from symptoms like that could have a serious ear infection that could spread to his brain. Take him to the vet's as soon as possible. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
23-05-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm home all day and I snuggle Alex a lot normally, so I don't really have to do anything different except try to find money for a Dr visit for him.

Big Grin