Alien Abductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Alien Abductions
I just watched The Fourth Kind on HBO a few hours ago. It was about alien abductions in Nome Alaska. I don't think that this is entirely real. There have been people go missing in Nome but this movie over dramatizes it all and states that aliens are behind it. If you have seen this movie you would know exactly what I am writing about. What do you all think about alien aductions? Aliens would need to have technology well beyond ours inorder to even get close to Earth. Also in the movie it talked about ancient Semerian art, and that it had alien depictions. Also the aliens in the movie spoke Semerian which is one of the oldest languages in human history if not the oldest. Is the movie also trying to get at the fact that we come from an alien race that came to Earth? That is also a theory about how we came to be as there are people that believe that. That cannot be true given all the evidence for human evolution. So what do you all think about all of this in general?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2010, 03:30 AM
RE: Alien Abductions
My favorite alien abduction story is the one where a lady had, on a number of occassions, been abducted from her apartment by a large, brightly glowing UFO. She was lifted to the craft by a beam of light. There had been two other witnesses to at least one of these abductions. The part I like is that the other two people did not contact the police or any other authority, they sent a letter to her psychiatrist saying they watched one of the abductions from, get this,............THE BROOKAND BRIDGE. Why, in the city that never sleeps, did no one get a photo or video of this thing? That incedent alone, if true, would have been extremely powerful evidence of the existance of alien abductions.

I think the Nome incidents are actually someone trying to make money from gullible people by selling them bullshit. It works for religion, conspiracy novel writers used car salesmen etc.
20-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Alien abductions started being reported past the Roswell incident.
There is a condition known as "night terrors" associated with the idea of abduction.
I guess it's a fun myth to some people.It's just that some take it way to seriously and there are those who capitalize on this.
20-12-2010, 07:02 AM
I had night terrors as a child, and my daughter did too up until a couple years ago. The feeling when you come out of one is similar to what abduction stories sound like. During a night terror, some memory of the experience is retained, but it's confused like a dream. The difference is, that your brain seems to know that it was real. Often during some stages of night terrors, you experience paralysis, as I did when I was young. Your vision is blurred, and your memory is choppy. I would imagine that having a night terror as an adult, with noone there to comfort and explain to you what happened, it would very much seem like you experienced something where your control was taken away from you.

As for the Nome Abductions, it can easily be explained by a combination of mass hysteria, and liars. Often people want to "jump on the bandwagon" when something that gets attention rolls around. So many people probaly just lied to be a part of it, and the whole thing snowballed. Others likely wanted to figure out something they couldn't explain (night terrors may be an example of this) and when the "abduction explaination" came about, they convinced themselves that it was the explaination.

All just my opinion of course, but things like this are so unconvincing to me. Being able to easily explain it, coupled with the complete lack of real evidence makes it nothing more than a campfire story on steroids.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-12-2010, 08:19 AM
I use to have night terror a lot, still do sometimes, though I know now it's just better to not open your eyes. And I saw the movie. I found the end to be interesting, where the aliens said that they were god, and the humans' rebuttal was that they can only pretend to be god because they are pure evil.

I swear, if we do ever make contact with aliens, our first choice will be to bomb away at this rate. There are so many alien movie where the aliens slaughter and kill humans for no reason. If there are aliens that have an advanced civilization, I think it'd be fair to say they are social. If not, it would be extremely difficult for knowledge to be passed on from generation to generation within their development. If they are social, they probably have some sort of morals, and will probably not get their jollies from killing entire sentient races for no reason. And the idea that they are 'pure evil', well, I think that not very many people here buy into the concept of evil people at all.

And then we get to the whole idea that aliens taught us to build things, or up-lifted us from animals, spliced their genes with monkeys to create us, ect... I never actually looked into it that much, but I have watched some History Channel shows on it and the evidence is less-than compelling. There are a lot of god of the gaps, only now with aliens, some rudimentary picture of aliens(one has to wonder how they know what aliens look like to compare the pictures to the real thing), and stories of people from the sky.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
20-12-2010, 10:38 AM
(20-12-2010 08:19 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I swear, if we do ever make contact with aliens, our first choice will be to bomb away at this rate. There are so many alien movie where the aliens slaughter and kill humans for no reason. If there are aliens that have an advanced civilization, I think it'd be fair to say they are social. If not, it would be extremely difficult for knowledge to be passed on from generation to generation within their development. If they are social, they probably have some sort of morals, and will probably not get their jollies from killing entire sentient races for no reason. And the idea that they are 'pure evil', well, I think that not very many people here buy into the concept of evil people at all.
Actually what alien life looks like , how it socializes and how knowledge is passed on is up for debate.You idea is great in the context of species on our planet.Out there , well , ... I have no clue what goes and especially how.
20-12-2010, 10:55 AM
(20-12-2010 10:38 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
(20-12-2010 08:19 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I swear, if we do ever make contact with aliens, our first choice will be to bomb away at this rate. There are so many alien movie where the aliens slaughter and kill humans for no reason. If there are aliens that have an advanced civilization, I think it'd be fair to say they are social. If not, it would be extremely difficult for knowledge to be passed on from generation to generation within their development. If they are social, they probably have some sort of morals, and will probably not get their jollies from killing entire sentient races for no reason. And the idea that they are 'pure evil', well, I think that not very many people here buy into the concept of evil people at all.
Actually what alien life looks like , how it socializes and how knowledge is passed on is up for debate.You idea is great in the context of species on our planet.Out there , well , ... I have no clue what goes and especially how.
Granted, I do take several presumptions getting there, but that is my 'best guess' of sorts. Still, I'd imagine that evolution would be at work on alien planets as well. Trying to think in rather abstract terms, provided that the alien planet started with simple organisms, in order to turn into complex, intelligent life forms, change must have had to occurred. I'm not going to touch into alien reproduction, it would be too much guess work, but the process to go from simple life to intelligent life wouldn't straight. Meaning, for every step towards an intelligent creature, steps should be made towards other forms of creatures as well. Survival of the fittest would be in play, I'd imagine. Maybe not with genetic mutations fueling the change, but something causing change for organisms to change and evolve.

Since it's unlikely that there'd be alien empires of one individual, they would most likely be social. And with evolution in play in their developmental, it's likely they evolved some sort of moral system. Maybe not like ours, but pointless killing would seem detrimental to almost any society. Finer points, such as the ones you pointed out, are indeed unknowable without ever meeting the aliens. But, my point is, I believe that there would be some basic parallels between our society and theirs.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
20-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Thank you all for the posts. These are good answers.
20-12-2010, 11:37 PM
There are no pointless killings of humans in any movies. The point being to entertain people and make a profit on the movie. The reason it seams pointless in many movies is that the budget and skills of the producers and cast is too low to create something of good quality, so they use the "let's scare the shit out of everyone" approach.

All said and done, these B rate movies (because there aren't any C, D , E and definitely F ratings) are more real than the Nome cases because they aren't pretending to be anything but cheap entertainment. In other words they are not bullshit being passed off as fact, they are just poor quality movies being passed off as poor quality movies. There is nothing dishonest about that.
25-02-2011, 12:16 AM

i think its either liars or schizos claiming all these incidents. every time you see an alien story there would be someone making money selling books and opening up theme parks.
i am not saying though they cannot exist, but if i see one and cannot prove it i would better shut up, the human mind can show you a lot of things, even if they are not there.
now that they have left god they found UFOs instead. give me a break.!!

i do love sci-fi movies and alien movies.
Quote this message in a reply