Alien Abductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2011, 10:36 PM
RE: Alien Abductions
I'm scared shitless of aliens.

I used to get one of the things that supposedly caused "abductions" like where you wake up and can't move and feel a strong sense of presence. I also have the symptom where if I talk about aliens or UFOs or anything I feel like I'm making a mistake and should just forget about it and move on to the next subject. Actually took real effort to write this down.

I'm not sure where the fear came from, though I would imagine it's from the waking paralysis dreams I had years ago.

That said though I think something is going on. I don't know about humans being abducted by aliens, but some seriously weird stuff happens. Actual solid and clear to see daytime UFOs, cattle disappearing and then showing up drained of blood and mutilated, people going missing from their beds for hours and then showing up again with pieces of metal implanted into their skin. Stuff like that.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2011, 11:00 PM

I have the same thoughts on abduction as I do on UFO sightings in general, I think it's actually a very geocentric attitude. Why would aliens visit US? Why would they kidnap US and do all the creepy things they're supposed to do during abductions?

I'm really fascinated by all things alien (I love sci-fi and alien invasion movies) but I think that if abductions were real, there would be so many sources of evidence that we wouldn't really have to question their existence: if some alien space ship flew over my house and a lightbeam shot through the roof and flew me to the ship, I'm pretty sure that at least SOMEONE else would notice! They would see the light or something like that. And if no one did, but I came back with an implant - it would be easily detected, removed, and studied, wouldn't it? I've heard a lot of stories about alien implants but never ever heard of one serious scientific study about some alien piece found inside someone.

I'm from Chile. Back in the 70's there was this case where 3 man from the military were doing some kind of guard in the desert at night. They say they saw some strange lights. One of them went closer to the lights, his 2 companions got nervous when he was taking a long time to return and they couldn't see him from their position. After ~15 min the guy "fell" in front of them like if something had dropped him, and aparently his beard was longer than before and his watch was 3 days ahead. This was bigggg here (I wasn't even born yet but my mom used to tell me the story). A couple years ago, the supposedly abducted guy gave an interview saying that during the time he was missing he only went to pee behind some rocks. The reason he fell from high was that he got on top of some rock and jumped. His beard had actually been the same than before and well, the watch probably had been wrong all the time. Long story but it caught my atention because I only read the interview some weeks ago. Now the guy is a protestant preist or something.

My point was: as with everything, if there's evidence I will believe it, and abductions seem spectacular enough to bring tons of it. However they seem to always end up being hoaxes Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Going on the geocentric thing I don't think that would be the case.
There would be two main reasons.
1) InterStellar technology: The alien species is at the edge of how far they can travel and we are one of only a handful of inhabited worlds for study.
2) Galactic technology: We are an inhabited world and therefor of interest.
Lets say that there is an alien race which has access to every star system in the galaxy. Why would we be studied? Because we are there. We have scientists on earth who have dedicated their lives to the study of ants, small jellyfish, ect. There is even experts in the field of specific species of rat droppings. It's really not a question of "why would we be studied" because we'd be studied simply because we exist.

The real question is on the evidence for it, which is mainly subjective at the moment and mostly by people who suffered waking dreams. Only physical things are implants and provable time jumps, though even then... Not so solid xD

01-03-2011, 02:02 AM
There is probably a real danger to any advanced civilization that a religion will destroy them, or at least their sciencific community, before they can create interstellar travel. (See Texas School Board).

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I can't recall who said it, but I once saw a great comment on on alien abductions. Paraphrasing, when aliens stop kidnapping people who can barely rub 2 IQ points together and start taking people from Harvard, then I'll start taking the concept seriously.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-03-2011, 12:40 AM

(20-12-2010 12:52 AM)omega21 Wrote:  I just watched The Fourth Kind on HBO a few hours ago. It was about alien abductions in Nome Alaska. I don't think that this is entirely real. There have been people go missing in Nome but this movie over dramatizes it all and states that aliens are behind it. If you have seen this movie you would know exactly what I am writing about. What do you all think about alien aductions? Aliens would need to have technology well beyond ours inorder to even get close to Earth. Also in the movie it talked about ancient Semerian art, and that it had alien depictions. Also the aliens in the movie spoke Semerian which is one of the oldest languages in human history if not the oldest. Is the movie also trying to get at the fact that we come from an alien race that came to Earth? That is also a theory about how we came to be as there are people that believe that. That cannot be true given all the evidence for human evolution. So what do you all think about all of this in general?
To start off, the movie "The Fourth Kind" is an entirely fictional movie, it is similar to movies such as Paranormal Activity, instead it goes further to blatantly lie about it being a factual film. With that being said, I actually thoroughly enjoyed the Fourth Kind, it was shot well, it was genuinely scary, and Milla Jovovich is one of my favorite actresses (she is also an excellent singer, check out "The Mission" by Puscifer, Maynard James Keenan + Milla Jovovich = eargasm)

In relation to alien abductions, I'm not going to rule out the possibilities of life on other distant planets. However in terms of the pop culture phenomenon of saying they've been abducted, there's just no solid evidence to support these claims. I'm highly skeptical and will remain skeptical until evidence is provided.
02-03-2011, 10:04 PM

(01-03-2011 12:49 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Going on the geocentric thing I don't think that would be the case.

Yeah, I had actually wrote a lot more about the geocentric stuff but then realized I was being geocentric... guess I just forgot to delete that part Shy
03-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Ahh ok.

A lot of people have been using that as a point for years, ignoring that scientists study everything and our existence is reason enough for aliens to choose to study us.