Aliens are demons!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Aliens are demons!!
There is a guy at my work that's into the bible more than anyone I know. He is a nice guy though a little strange(I wonder if his strangeness is connected to his religion?).
I had the flu one day and he asked me if he could pray for me. It's no skin off my back so I said sure. He reached out his hand and I took it thinking that he just wanted to shake hands. He placed his other hand on our clasped hands and began to pray.

In Jesus name I ask that you lift the flu.... Or some such nonsense.
I giggled a little and when he was done I explained to him that I thought he would pray for me on his own and that I had no faith in such things.
Since then he has approached me with the intentions of saving me. That's fine. I guess that's what he is supposed to do.
I admit that we have interesting conversations that usually belong in the realm of philosophy but some time ago (maybe a month ago)our conversation was more science related and we began to discuss evolution. To no surprise I learned he is a creationist and he gave me the same tired old arguments that these guys have been spouting for decades. He even informed me that I had been brainwashed! That was probably the most frustrating thing!
Anyway the conversation somehow turned toward the possibilities of alien life and he told me that aliens are real, they are visiting us but they were actually demons.. What could I say? I didn't know. I still don't know.. I do know I'm not having that conversation with this guy anymore!
I don't know why believing that aliens are demons is more crazy than believing a guy walked on water, but it is...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
12-01-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Aliens are demons!!
Hmmm...sounds like a fun convo.

You should have told him "Why would god heal my flu? There are homeless people dying from starvation and freezing!"
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post
12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
[Image: ancient-aliens-guy_zps49d4e039.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like Foxen's post
12-01-2014, 06:00 PM
You should have said to him that if Jesus existed, judging by his exploits, he would most probably have been an alien and therefore a demon.
13-01-2014, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 01:11 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
I know someone who claimed that about aliens too. She also claimed that all the other "gods", the Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Hindu, Norse, Native American...all other cultures "gods" actually did exist and were real, but that they were not truly "gods" but "demons" sent by "Satan" to deceive them so that they would believe in false "gods".

13-01-2014, 04:55 AM
I bet one of those was the "God of Tits and Wine", and we got stuck with the psycho YAHWEH, God of genocide and incest.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
16-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Wait, so, alien demons? That's pretty impressive of them, surviving on other planets and pulling off space travel. The angels should probably step it up. Rolleyes

Or, is it supposed to be a "not actually from another planet, just demons pretending to be" deal?

Both are stupid, I just want to know which way it's stupid.
16-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I want to know his evidence and seriously, who is this guy talking to outside of work? I wonder if he gives the people that are feeding him this line of shit any money?

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
19-01-2014, 12:26 AM
For what it's worth, I've found that the best way to deal with religious zealots in the workplace, is to tell them you're not religious, the second they start hinting at anything related to religion. If they persist, you just keep repeating that you're not religious. If they ask if you're an atheist, you just repeat that you're not religious. Just say it over and over and over until they leave you alone, and they won't ever bother you again.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
19-01-2014, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2014 09:01 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
There is a very funny "documentary" called Angels, Aliens, and UFO's

Discusses this topic. Hysterical. Though it is meant to be serious.

It is still on Netflix I believe.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard