Aliens in the NASA Archives

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2011, 08:29 AM

RE: Aliens in the NASA Archives
I think the evidence is there. You have to look harder for it. As far as "intelligent" life out there, there must be. Much more "intelligent" than Human beings.

Fact or Fiction? You decide. I have made my decision. They are all coming to eat us.
Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 10:53 AM
(31-03-2011 08:29 AM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I think the evidence is there. You have to look harder for it. As far as "intelligent" life out there, there must be. Much more "intelligent" than Human beings.

Fact or Fiction? You decide. I have made my decision. They are all coming to eat us.

I still cannot see video evidence as any definitive proof of extraterrestrial life. That does not mean I am right and I concede that I could be wrong but until they land and shake my hand I am going to be skeptical. It is the same rule for god(s), until he/she/they shakes my hand and exposes themself(ves) I will continue to believe in his/her/their nonexistence.

I love your avatar by the way koolaid. Penn and Teller are awesome!

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 02:12 PM
My personal view is that life is easier than we think. It's the natural state of matter. Any place where there is a remote possibility of life, in whatever form, we'll find it there. As for aliens visiting us, until there's better than anecdotal evidence I'll have to remain skeptical.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
01-04-2011, 01:20 AM
That video can be faked by tens of thousands of people. Second, even if it wasn't faked, it is not evidence or proof of aliens.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
01-04-2011, 07:24 AM
(30-03-2011 04:47 PM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I think it's absolutely short sighted and vague to think that we are alone in this universe. There is just no way human beings are the be all end of life itself. I just dont buy it.

Neither does anyone else.

Where you go wrong is in making the leap from "aliens exist" to "aliens have been to Earth". Odds of the former: almost guaranteed. Odds of the latter: almost certainly not.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 09:03 AM

(01-04-2011 07:24 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-03-2011 04:47 PM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I think it's absolutely short sighted and vague to think that we are alone in this universe. There is just no way human beings are the be all end of life itself. I just dont buy it.

Where you go wrong is in making the leap from "aliens exist" to "aliens have been to Earth". Odds of the former: almost guaranteed. Odds of the latter: almost certainly not.

Good observation, but don't you think "the Aliens" thought of that? I mean, If I was from another planet/Solar system/Universe... There is no way I would reveal myself to humanity. We have shown nothing but a history of f%$king everything up. I would imagine any "intelligent" life out there would be better served to stay as far away from Earth as possible.
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 09:39 AM
(01-04-2011 09:03 AM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  
(01-04-2011 07:24 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Good observation, but don't you think "the Aliens" thought of that? I mean, If I was from another planet/Solar system/Universe... There is no way I would reveal myself to humanity. We have shown nothing but a history of f%$king everything up. I would imagine any "intelligent" life out there would be better served to stay as far away from Earth as possible.

If they have the capability of interstellar travel I would imagine we would pose no serious threat.

Evolve
01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm going to say what I said in another thread: Science explores.
Human scientists would better served to stay the hell away from dangerous animals, but they don't. This sort of comes under the "Why are we so arrogant to think aliens would visit us?" thing. It's simply because we exist that a science group would want to study us, and it's highly unlikely that a race would build interstellar travel without being scientists

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
01-04-2011, 01:37 PM
But would an advanced culture interfere with our own ?
If they decoded our language and understood the atrocities we commit on one another for the most idiotic of reasons , would you even go near such a species ?
What laws would they have for contacting another species of sentient beings ?

Aliens exist statistically. Given what the Keppler probe found - they almost certainly do an may resemble us. But I doubt they'd be stupid enough to meet us in person.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes gaglamesh731's post
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
(01-04-2011 09:03 AM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  Good observation, but don't you think "the Aliens" thought of that?

No, seeing as I don't think they've discovered us in the first place.

(01-04-2011 09:03 AM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I mean, If I was from another planet/Solar system/Universe... There is no way I would reveal myself to humanity. We have shown nothing but a history of f%$king everything up. I would imagine any "intelligent" life out there would be better served to stay as far away from Earth as possible.

All speculation. Interesting speculation, but speculation nonetheless. And even if it is correct, that's just one more reason to think that these movies are hoaxes or misidentifications. The aliens would have stayed away from us, not floated around and gotten videotaped.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user