Aliens in the NASA Archives

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
RE: Aliens in the NASA Archives
(01-04-2011 01:37 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  But would an advanced culture interfere with our own ?
If they decoded our language and understood the atrocities we commit on one another for the most idiotic of reasons , would you even go near such a species ?
What laws would they have for contacting another species of sentient beings ?

Aliens exist statistically. Given what the Keppler probe found - they almost certainly do an may resemble us. But I doubt they'd be stupid enough to meet us in person.

Likewise is the assumption by some that the government is keeping it a secret. What advantage would they gain from secrecy? It would be far more advantageous to release the information to the scientific community for further research and development. Weapons and defense technologies are outsourced so why not alien research? And furthermore you would have to lump all of the governments in together because otherwise it is a global government conspiracy and I find the lack of physical evidence from less stable governments to be supportive of the reduced likelihood of alien visitation...or do they only visit developed nations? I agree completely about the notion that alien life likely exists but I find it far more reasonable that any "advanced" life is not any more capable of visiting us than we are them.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
All I know is that aliens better exist because I don't want to think of the alternative of why I woke up with my ass hurting back in college. Wink

Seriously though, alien scientists is a pretty good assumption. As for us fucking up our planet, I highly doubt we are the only species in the universe to do that. We need to stop being so hard on ourselves. We are still pretty young on the evolutionary time scale, let alone the cosmic time scale.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
01-04-2011, 06:03 PM
(01-04-2011 01:37 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  But would an advanced culture interfere with our own ?
If they decoded our language and understood the atrocities we commit on one another for the most idiotic of reasons , would you even go near such a species ?
What laws would they have for contacting another species of sentient beings ?

Aliens exist statistically. Given what the Keppler probe found - they almost certainly do an may resemble us. But I doubt they'd be stupid enough to meet us in person.

Well as far as evidence shows they haven't intentionally contacted us. If they had then we'd all know about it pretty quick.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
(01-04-2011 01:37 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Aliens exist statistically. Given what the Keppler probe found - they almost certainly do an may resemble us.
The Keppler probe found strong evidence or proof of the existance of other planets. There is no way that it could show any evidence of alien life forms. It is extremely probable, almost certain, that there is life out there. But whether it is likely that that life resembles us is probabaly very unlikely. Earth has millions of species alive today, and ten times as many extinct species, yet the only species that resemble each other in animal life are related. Plant species do have unrelated species that look similar. On a different there will be a different evolution creating different species. The odds of them looking like species from earth is rather small. IMO. But then this opinion was inspired by something that Carl Sagan said. "Human-alien babies? You'd be more likely to have babies with a petunia." He also said we are a closer genetic match to a squid than we would be to anything from another planet.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
02-04-2011, 03:31 AM
I really didn't want to post here, but.....

First, This has been shown to be debris and other dust etc.

Second; Just because the probability of life in this galaxy is and has always been, very high, doesn't automatically mean that (1) a more advanced than ourselves race actually was able to overcome the limits of interstellar travel and, (2) even if they did, would come here to this "Pale Blue Dot".

Wake up!

(01-04-2011 11:25 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(01-04-2011 01:37 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Aliens exist statistically. Given what the Keppler probe found - they almost certainly do an may resemble us.
The Keppler probe found strong evidence or proof of the existance of other planets. There is no way that it could show any evidence of alien life forms. It is extremely probable, almost certain, that there is life out there. But whether it is likely that that life resembles us is probabaly very unlikely. Earth has millions of species alive today, and ten times as many extinct species, yet the only species that resemble each other in animal life are related. Plant species do have unrelated species that look similar. On a different there will be a different evolution creating different species. The odds of them looking like species from earth is rather small. IMO. But then this opinion was inspired by something that Carl Sagan said. "Human-alien babies? You'd be more likely to have babies with a petunia." He also said we are a closer genetic match to a squid than we would be to anything from another planet.
I have a thread in here on Kepler.

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
02-04-2011, 01:54 PM
@NoJ
The Kepler probe found EARTH-LIKE planets among all it scanned.
That's why I said they may resemble us. If they exists and evolved on a world with similar conditions to our own they may be similar to us.
http://kepler.nasa.gov/news/keplerinthenews/

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
03-04-2011, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 07:18 AM by ebilekittae.)
(29-03-2011 10:26 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  There are a few that aren't blurry, taken by professional photographers. Unfortunately the average person sucks at photography, and the average camera sucks at taking a pic of anything that's far off.
The ones that are clear though tend to be dismissed because Clear photo = Can only by fake as far as most of these things go.

I can generally tell the difference instantly between a fake pic and one with potential, and after looking at the pic close up I can tell if the photo is a plane, a glitch or some sort of craft that is either alien or hidden tech.

This pic though I never figured it out. http://droneteam.com/history/raj/PICT16.jpg
It's actually part of a series, I looked all of them over in photoshop and as far as I can tell (CS3) the object is there and there is no evidence of tampering. As for what it is, how far away it is and the size (size is the most important factor for figuring this stuff out imo) I never really worked it out.
Hover craft, pimped out RC helicopter or someone let the retard drive the space ship? xD
(also police deleted the site that the whole collection used to be on sorry :<)

Anyway I just rambled into something that doesn't really mean anything... Oh well I gave you a pic to talk about I suppose :3

I recognize a few Katakana (symbols from one of the Japanese alphabets) on the object. Also some backwards ones. And a symbol I've seen used multiple times in Star Wars. Tongue By the lettering, I'm guessing it was faked and lettered to appear really foreign to most English-speakers. Tongue

(31-03-2011 08:29 AM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I think the evidence is there. You have to look harder for it. As far as "intelligent" life out there, there must be. Much more "intelligent" than Human beings.

Fact or Fiction? You decide. I have made my decision. They are all coming to eat us.

ChattiestSpike2 and another HOAXKiller1 (mainly the latter) did a wonderful job showing the creation of the Jerusalem hoaxes. Here's one of the videos:

EDIT: Just to get my words in, I also very much believe in life outside of earth. I don't believe in but would love to believe in anthropomorphous and/or intelligent life! ESPECIALLY if they were smarter than us and could touch down and share technologies! When/if I get the proof I will be elated, but I'm disappointed that everything I've seen so far has been a hoax. Sad My other hope is that one day (hopefully in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath) we'll be those intelligent lifeforms piloting spacecrafts and sharing technologies with foreign system civilizations. I'm a lover of diversity, and knowing how diverse just our planet is, I can't wait to see what the UNIVERSE has to hold! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ebilekittae's post
05-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Well, the good news is that this topic was a good conversation none the less. I feel very strongly that humanity is not alone in the universe. But just like "believers" I have no proof. Ergo,. nothing to stand on.

I will say this, I'd believe in a little green space monster faster than I would believe in some all powerful Space daddy who came here on a suicide mission. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Barryskoolaid's post
06-04-2011, 01:03 AM
(05-04-2011 01:24 PM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I will say this, I'd believe in a little green space monster faster than I would believe in some all powerful Space daddy who came here on a suicide mission. Wink

Me too, but I know that the world is full of liars, hoaxers and story tellers, so with no reliable verification I will not believe. I will wait until I know.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
06-04-2011, 05:35 PM
(06-04-2011 01:03 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(05-04-2011 01:24 PM)Barryskoolaid Wrote:  I will say this, I'd believe in a little green space monster faster than I would believe in some all powerful Space daddy who came here on a suicide mission. Wink

Me too, but I know that the world is full of liars, hoaxers and story tellers, so with no reliable verification I will not believe. I will wait until I know.

Good point - we wait until we know for certain - then we do something about it.
How 'out we do this : Tongue
[Image: da8349794d96.png]

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin