Aliens looking back at us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Aliens looking back at us?
Do you think that there are other worlds with other species sentient like us, with about the same level of technology that is looking back through a telescope at a pale blue dot wondering if there is life on that "there X named world planet" out there?

We could have discovered that pale green or blue dot, a world twice the size of ours and think there could be life on it, and they could be staring back at our smaller blue dot wondering the same.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 07:12 PM
RE: Aliens looking back at us?
what she said.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-01-2015, 07:26 PM
And maybe, on that other planet, aliens are wondering if aliens are wondering if they exist. Ohmy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
14-01-2015, 07:31 PM
It's an interesting thing to think about.

The problem for both sides is that the tyranny of distance puts us so far into each others past.

Our nearest neighbor is five light years away. So.. anything they 'see' is five years old. The further away... the worse it gets.
16-01-2015, 09:18 AM
(14-01-2015 07:04 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you think that there are other worlds with other species sentient like us, with about the same level of technology that is looking back through a telescope at a pale blue dot wondering if there is life on that "there X named world planet" out there?

We could have discovered that pale green or blue dot, a world twice the size of ours and think there could be life on it, and they could be staring back at our smaller blue dot wondering the same.

I don't see how there couldn't be. With the size of the known universe so far- and the fact that this planet demonstrates life in the universe- to think we are the only planet with intelligent life is absolutely absurd.

It is illogical, unreasonable, and as close to dishonest as anything can get.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
16-01-2015, 01:56 PM
(16-01-2015 09:18 AM)Free Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 07:04 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Do you think that there are other worlds with other species sentient like us, with about the same level of technology that is looking back through a telescope at a pale blue dot wondering if there is life on that "there X named world planet" out there?

I don't see how there couldn't be. With the size of the known universe so far- and the fact that this planet demonstrates life in the universe- to think we are the only planet with intelligent life is absolutely absurd.

It may be true that there is other intelligent life in the universe, but we don't actually know how unlikely consciousness/intelligence is.

It doesn't seem terribly unlikely as we see a gradation of intelligence in different species here on Earth, but that is our only example.

It is dishonest to claim there definitely is other intelligent life. You seem convinced that there is, I think it very likely that there is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2015, 02:44 PM
(16-01-2015 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 09:18 AM)Free Wrote:  I don't see how there couldn't be. With the size of the known universe so far- and the fact that this planet demonstrates life in the universe- to think we are the only planet with intelligent life is absolutely absurd.

It may be true that there is other intelligent life in the universe, but we don't actually know how unlikely consciousness/intelligence is.

It doesn't seem terribly unlikely as we see a gradation of intelligence in different species here on Earth, but that is our only example.

It is dishonest to claim there definitely is other intelligent life. You seem convinced that there is, I think it very likely that there is.

Yes, I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt, but not beyond all doubt.

On the Alien Scale, I am a 6.9. out of a possible 7.0

Tongue

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
17-01-2015, 03:15 AM
I always liked thinking about stuff like that, secretly hoping that intelligent life actually exists somewhere else and that they are aware of us.

Since we haven't had any contact or haven't even seen any sign of such life existing though, they either don't exist or aren't aware of us (or they are aware and they think we suck Consider )

Or, maybe, we just won't let them.

This is from Google Maps, the roof of my university's dormitory.

[Image: n5FVK4T.jpg?1]

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
17-01-2015, 08:05 AM
What bothered me about your proposition from the first time I read this.. may be silly.. but to me, if they have our equal technology. They would of had to of had it for a bit longer to really see us.

I guess it's like our just finding a couple Goldilocks zone potential like planets out there making a dimple in the light of a distant Star. Maybe they are at that point but I think of them even being close to seeing us as some pale blue dot at all is a distance away from our tech.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-01-2015, 08:09 AM
No doubt. As Egor / Gordon has clearly demonstrated, even paramecia are conscious. Weeping

I thought by "looking back" you were talking about time travel. An advanced alien civilization may have learned to manipulate space-time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.