Aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Aliens
(16-05-2016 02:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 09:56 AM)Truthwaylife Wrote:  Do atheists believe in aliens?

I posted a thread in this very section about some christian wacko-nut-case believing Prince William was cloned from the Shroud of Turin and is now the AntiChrist. Hobo Now this isn't exactly believing in aliens but it's damned close. People get it in their heads all sorts of stuff are real. There are Christians who believe in Bigfoot too.

Some Mormons believe the biblical Cain is Bigfoot.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
21-05-2016, 09:14 PM
(16-05-2016 10:08 AM)Truthwaylife Wrote:  I can tell you as a Christian, I do not believe in the concept of aliens. [...]

So you don't accept the possibility—even minimally—that there are lifeforms elsewhere in the universe among the billions of planets, but you're more than happy to accept the existence of an invisible, omniscient supernatural entity that you call "god"?

Yeah... that makes perfect sense. Not. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 6 users Like SYZ's post
22-05-2016, 11:15 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
22-05-2016, 11:29 AM
I built my business on aliens. After the first couple of years I refused to hire any more American kids, too lazy, so I started hiring only aliens, mostly undocumented ones. So I believe more in aliens than I do in Americans.
22-05-2016, 11:40 AM
(22-05-2016 11:29 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I built my business on aliens. After the first couple of years I refused to hire any more American kids, too lazy, so I started hiring only aliens, mostly undocumented ones. So I believe more in aliens than I do in Americans.
You bad!

Oh crap!
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
22-05-2016, 11:58 AM
[Image: tumblr_nyxyxhfX1j1sac45yo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: jesus_was_an_alien_does_this_look_right_cover.jpg]

[Image: MadonnaAndAlien.jpg]

I can do this all day...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
22-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I won't believe in aliens until I see one or credible video or photographic proof as a stepping stone to further research but I do find the Drake Equation to be very interesting. Interactive Drake Equation Breakdown

My father does believe in aliens and God which is kinda weird, and this whole discussion reminds me of a time when I was a teenager, my dad came home and said he had read that people who were routinely abducted by aliens were left alone if they had eaten chocolate the previous day, preferably at night. He had brought home a couple bags of mini chocolate candies like kit-kats and snickers bars. He insisted we eat one before bed and this continued for the couple of years I lived with my parents before moving out. I was fine with it since it was candy and they usually didn't like junk food in the house plus you never know, I never got abducted so maybe he was right.

I don't do this anymore but my dad will still ask me about it, if I've been eating my chocolate and I say yes, I just ate about a dozen brownies so I should be good for the next week or so.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like SitaSky's post
22-05-2016, 03:59 PM
As I read the above, immediately following is an ad for heartburn remedies.

Oh crap!
24-05-2016, 07:24 AM

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-05-2016, 08:42 AM
[Image: x-files-meme.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post