Alimentar la Revolución!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Tongue Alimentar la Revolución!
Feed the Revolution! [Image: cheguevara-smiley-face.gif]

Might as well embrace your inner insectivore and get over it already. I worked at the USDA counting bug parts in flour and grains. You're already eating a shitload of bugs whether you know it or not. Tongue

Entomophagy is the future. Drinking Beverage

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Alimentar la Revolución!
I hope bugs would become more easily available, I have a few recipes I want to try Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
(09-06-2013 02:59 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I hope bugs would become more easily available, I have a few recipes I want to try Smile

Pet stores. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
(09-06-2013 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 02:59 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I hope bugs would become more easily available, I have a few recipes I want to try Smile

Pet stores. Wink

Be careful about buying edible insects at pet stores. Make sure you know what the bugs are being raised on. For example, most mealworms are raised on a single ingredient (most often oat flour, or just straight oats). This diminishes their nutrient value greatly. However, if raised on pretty much any TWO ingredients, the bugs will be super healthy. Amazing critters they are.

Mealies are easy to raise BTW. And they go great in stir fry.

Just visiting.

-SR
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
(09-06-2013 03:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Pet stores. Wink

oh, never thought of that, thanks Thumbsup

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Screw this! You just need some shmeat and you're good to go. The first barbee is being fired up this week, at $333, 000. 00 a steak. Finger lick in' good!

(Isn't there some sort of ice-cream shop chain in the states where you get a free ice-cream if you eat a cricket? )
09-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I have eaten cricket sautéed in garlic butter...I had to brush my teeth several times to get their legs out from between, yuck.

I have also eaten South American fire ants, these ants are 1/4 inck long, you rip off their heads with the very large mandibles and pop 'em in. They have a spicy taste to them. Interesting.

Personally, I'd prefer pizza with 'shrooms and onions.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
10-06-2013, 03:05 AM
(09-06-2013 10:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I have eaten cricket sautéed in garlic butter...I had to brush my teeth several times to get their legs out from between, yuck.

I have also eaten South American fire ants, these ants are 1/4 inck long, you rip off their heads with the very large mandibles and pop 'em in. They have a spicy taste to them. Interesting.

Personally, I'd prefer pizza with 'shrooms and onions.

Fried silk worms are good. I don't think I could do the tarantulas however Shocking Granted being from MD we already eat the hell out of a Bug (Technically crabs are more closely related to spiders and scorpions but meh semantics) deep fried softshell crab sammich mmmm

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post