Aliza's Flip the Bird Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: Aliza's Flip the Bird Thread
(11-07-2016 10:09 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Here's a bird flipping out. Smile Cockatoos are just so expressive and they lose their tempers so easily.

My best friend had one for years...... He always described it's temperament as "that of a slightly deranged 2 year old - wielding a set of side cutting pliers".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-07-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 11:48 AM by onlinebiker.)
Saw these guys out on my field (planted in winter wheat) -- and thought I'd see how good my stalking is....(with a camera) .. Not bad, considering I had virtually no cover to work with.....

Of course -- they probably thought I was up in my hunting blind.. Big Grin

[img]http://[Image: DSC_0008_zpsby2c5ff3.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: DSC_0025_zps8nu24qwp.jpg][/img]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2016, 08:41 AM
I love the American Dipper bird. They do that silly dip movement.
..v.............DIP.......v.............DIP...............v...................DI​P
dip......................dip................................dip.

I've never seen one in the wild. I don't know if they're around this area of North America. They spend half their time under the water it seems. I love these birds. Heart

I don't understand why they do that dip thingy though. I know it's not to simply amuse humans. Tongue What would be the advantage of the dip movement be in evolution?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-07-2016, 08:49 AM
(12-07-2016 08:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I love the American Dipper bird. They do that silly dip movement.
..v.............DIP.......v.............DIP...............v...................DI​P
dip......................dip................................dip.

I've never seen one in the wild. I don't know if they're around this area of North America. They spend half their time under the water it seems. I love these birds. Heart

I don't understand why they do that dip thingy though. I know it's not to simply amuse humans. Tongue What would be the advantage of the dip movement be in evolution?

What a pretty bird! It reminds me of my conure's bathing habits. Every morning, I give her a fresh bowl of water. As soon as that bowl slides into her cage she jumps inside and takes a nice bath. She really gets in there and gets herself soaking wet.

... then she takes a bunch of her pellets and dunks them into the water to make a kind of mushy cereal. Dodgy
12-07-2016, 09:12 AM
For Aliza:

I see you baby, shakin' that ass! (It's a little way into the video, but it's all funny.)

And since I'm actually a rocker, a little Drowning Pool:

(Nothing wrong with him!)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-07-2016, 09:22 AM
(12-07-2016 09:12 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  For Aliza:

I see you baby, shakin' that ass! (It's a little way into the video, but it's all funny.)

OMG! That's hysterical.

FLOOOOOOOOORRRR! Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Also Rocket, do you know why the dipper bird does his dip thingy? What evolutionary advantage is this? Is it perhaps something that helps the bird, I donno, test the water? They don't seem to do it to attract a female because I think the female does it too. Just curious about this.

12-07-2016, 10:50 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
12-07-2016, 02:55 PM
(12-07-2016 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Also Rocket, do you know why the dipper bird does his dip thingy? What evolutionary advantage is this? Is it perhaps something that helps the bird, I donno, test the water? They don't seem to do it to attract a female because I think the female does it too. Just curious about this.

No, I don't know anything about the dipper bird. Ornithology just isn't my field. Sorry. If you find out let me know; I'm as curious as you are.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-07-2016, 03:11 PM
(12-07-2016 02:55 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Also Rocket, do you know why the dipper bird does his dip thingy? What evolutionary advantage is this? Is it perhaps something that helps the bird, I donno, test the water? They don't seem to do it to attract a female because I think the female does it too. Just curious about this.

No, I don't know anything about the dipper bird. Ornithology just isn't my field. Sorry. If you find out let me know; I'm as curious as you are.

According to Wikipedia, it's how they feed. Their primary food consists of aquatic insects and their larva, and they find and catch them by "dipping". So it's not a mating ritual or anything like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post