Aliza????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Aliza????
I've been away most of the afternoon/evening, so I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm quite relieved to see Aliza hasn't abandoned us. I completely agree that her perspective on this board is vital to our intellectual well-being.

As for the questions asked of me, I was (and remain) unwilling to name names or point to threads, and I don't seek to assign blame... it's just not my way. My apologies to anyone I might upset by this decision. I would ask that no one else go searching, either.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-06-2016, 09:08 PM
(10-06-2016 08:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've been away most of the afternoon/evening, so I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm quite relieved to see Aliza hasn't abandoned us. I completely agree that her perspective on this board is vital to our intellectual well-being.

As for the questions asked of me, I was (and remain) unwilling to name names or point to threads, and I don't seek to assign blame... it's just not my way. My apologies to anyone I might upset by this decision. I would ask that no one else go searching, either.

I took a look and her last exchange appears to have been with me. Drinking Beverage

She has said she is being overly sensitive due to what is happening in her life so I am not too fussed.

I hope she is well and returns when appropriate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-06-2016, 09:11 PM
(10-06-2016 08:52 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've been away most of the afternoon/evening, so I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm quite relieved to see Aliza hasn't abandoned us. I completely agree that her perspective on this board is vital to our intellectual well-being.

My question was more tongue-in-cheek. I am able to search if I feel the need to.

Wasn't asking you to snitch but you did say that someone was harsh with her...of course, I went back to Aliza's last few posts to see what was going on.

I could be wrong but I think Aliza can hold her own with anyone here. No shrinking violet that one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-06-2016, 09:19 PM

#sigh
10-06-2016, 09:19 PM
(10-06-2016 09:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

My question was more tongue-in-cheek. I am able to search if I feel the need to.

Wasn't asking you to snitch but you did say that someone was harsh with her...of course, I went back to Aliza's last few posts to see what was going on.

I could be wrong but I think Aliza can hold her own with anyone here. No shrinking violet that one.

I had a cousin who use to that line as "No shrieking violet." Laugh out load

Never did understand why I always laughed at him. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 7 users Like Heatheness's post
10-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Glad you popped back in for a moment, Aliza, and I hope things get better for you. Stay strong, ma'am.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-06-2016, 12:24 AM
(10-06-2016 08:26 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I’m really so touched that you guys care enough to not only notice my absence, but to say such kind things to me and about me, both in this thread, and through PM.

Honestly, I’m just dealing with a personal issue that has been messing with my head and has left me overly sensitive and way too reactive.

Don't be silly. I can help. I got 2 strong arms I can help.

If you've got a problem, don't care what it is
If you need a hand, I can assure you this

I can help, I've got two strong arms, I can help
It would sure do me good to do you good
Let me help

It's a fact that people get lonely, ain't nothing new
But a woman like you, babe, should never have the blues

Let me help, I've got two for me, let me help
Let me help

When I go to sleep at night, you're always a part of my dreams
Holding me tight and telling me everything I want to hear

Don't forget me, babe, all you gotta do is call
You know how I feel about you, I can do anything at all

Let me help if your child needs a Dad, I can help
Let me help

When I go to sleep at night, you're always a part of my dreams
Holding me tight and telling me everything I want to hear

Don't forget me, babe, all you gotta do is call
You know how I feel about you, if I can do anything at all

Let me help, for a child needs a Dad, I can help
Let me help

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-06-2016, 01:55 AM
Come back soon Aliza Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-06-2016, 04:16 AM
(10-06-2016 09:19 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 09:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My question was more tongue-in-cheek. I am able to search if I feel the need to.

I had a cousin who use to that line as "No shrieking violet." Laugh out load

Never did understand why I always laughed at him. Tongue

"The Shrieking Violets" is a great band name.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
11-06-2016, 12:11 PM
(10-06-2016 07:48 PM)skyking Wrote:  
Quote:Me too. I'm the damned meanest son of a bitch here and I'm rather perturbed.

PFFT. you're a pushover Drinking Beverage

[Image: stabbyunicorn.jpg]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post