"All Aboard!" WOO WOO!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 12:44 PM
"All Aboard!" WOO WOO!
So I was running threw the internet Fact checking myself. I was looking for who started the quote "The first step in understanding, is admitting you know nothing." I want to say it Socrates, but I got sidetracked. That's when I fell upon this in Yahoo answers.

Quote:Is true knowledge knowing that you know nothing or is true knowledge knowing that you know everything?

The number one response out of 20+ comments.

Quote: Best Answer: When I was 15, I received a revelation from God. The number 0 the letter o and the circle O were all the same thing. When I would explain this to people they didn't get it and thought I was a lunatic. I had no idea how to explain to anyone what it meant, and so very clearly I knew everything and nothing at the same time.

If I were to explain to you that O represent the universe as a whole, and o represents any given part of it, and that 0 represents non-existent but functionally participatory potential (such as potential particles in the workings of the quantum physics description of the electron.)

This means that every component of the universe is a REPLICA of the whole universe (to see more about this, search: Mandelbrot Sets, Recessive Wallpapering and Complexity Theory.) It also means that the void part of the universe (potential) determines the ACTUAL parts of the universe, and that things that really are are imaginary ALSO.

This means that anything is everything and nothing at the same time!

No wonder nobody could understand me.

So look at anything in front of you. Know that and you know everything AND nothing.

I'm feeling WOOzie.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
07-10-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: "All Aboard!" WOO WOO!
(07-10-2015 12:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So I was running threw the internet Fact checking myself. I was looking for who started the quote "The first step in understanding, is admitting you know nothing." I want to say it Socrates, but I got sidetracked. That's when I fell upon this in Yahoo answers.

Quote:Is true knowledge knowing that you know nothing or is true knowledge knowing that you know everything?

Quote: Best Answer: When I was 15, I received a revelation from God. The number 0 the letter o and the circle O were all the same thing. When I would explain this to people they didn't get it and thought I was a lunatic. I had no idea how to explain to anyone what it meant, and so very clearly I knew everything and nothing at the same time.

If I were to explain to you that O represent the universe as a whole, and o represents any given part of it, and that 0 represents non-existent but functionally participatory potential (such as potential particles in the workings of the quantum physics description of the electron.)

This means that every component of the universe is a REPLICA of the whole universe (to see more about this, search: Mandelbrot Sets, Recessive Wallpapering and Complexity Theory.) It also means that the void part of the universe (potential) determines the ACTUAL parts of the universe, and that things that really are are imaginary ALSO.

So look at anything in front of you. Know that and you know everything AND nothing.

I'm feeling WOOzie.

Me too..

And I think that dude's been to our forum.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 02:27 PM
(07-10-2015 12:44 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So I was running threw the internet Fact checking myself. I was looking for who started the quote "The first step in understanding, is admitting you know nothing." I want to say it Socrates, but I got sidetracked. That's when I fell upon this in Yahoo answers.

I'm feeling WOOzie.

But 0 is representative of nothing, or a lack of any given thing; it cannot act as a numerical representation of anything which is participatory, as that which is, is existent and must be defined by a positive integer.

I may be incorrect, but I believe the gentleman's thinking to be flawed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2015, 02:33 PM
(07-10-2015 02:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I may be incorrect, but I believe the gentleman's thinking to be flawed.

Ya think?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-10-2015, 02:49 PM
WOOO!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
07-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Ether that or his god is fucking with him.

It sounds like he's trying to put the connection of the shape. O=O=O

But if used different alphabets

[Image: alphabets.png]

Or maybe a different number system.

[Image: 879a6b456314b622dc5fa28cc0c11269.jpg]

[Image: 458-chinese2.jpg]

His whole premises is ridiculous. I just can't get over that is the best response to the question.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
07-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(07-10-2015 02:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 02:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I may be incorrect, but I believe the gentleman's thinking to be flawed.

Ya think?

Just a hunch.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Faulty analogy? Finding similarities between things that have nothing in common. I hope he doesn't watch that show ancient aliens. He'll be hooked. That guy with the crazy hair can make anything in to an alien.
[+] 2 users Like OceanTherapist's post
07-10-2015, 07:39 PM
(07-10-2015 03:07 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  . That guy with the crazy hair can make anything in to an alien.

No kidding.

Trojan War? Aliens. Beethoven's Fifth? Aliens. Your grandmother's recipe for chicken soup? Aliens.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-10-2015, 11:21 AM
(07-10-2015 02:56 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  It sounds like he's trying to put the connection of the shape. O=O=O

Ozone? Seriously though, this reads like it came from a book by Deepak.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac