All Aboard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2011, 07:19 PM
RE: All Aboard
(20-04-2011 12:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So to prove you are not a troll you started a thread with the intent of getting people to discuss you...well I am sold!
Amazing, isn't it - I found the category, "Introductions," to discuss me, just like everybody else does.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2011, 04:12 AM
TrainWreck, maybe you have a good idea, and maybe you are superior in some ways, but the way you present yourself and your ideas is bad. That is why people don't get you. I've seen your categorization and I still don't understand what it is, what is it for and do I need to categorize anything, if I don't work in a library? Does that make me stupider than you? No, it makes you poorly explaining everything about your classification, why is it used and how. So if you want people to understand you, follow you and listen to you, you should learn how to talk to people and how to present yourself. Specially if you are intellectually superior, you can not explain thing in your own way, because those of us that are intellectually inferior will not understand what you are saying.

Do you understand now, when I simplify things for you? Maybe you are not the only one who is intellectually superior...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
22-04-2011, 08:06 AM
(21-04-2011 05:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Believe it, pal; I doubt if I will be shut up - I'll probably be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize when everything is said and done, and you, and the rest of the atheists, are going to look stupid for having rejected the idea of what classification does for society. You want to straighten-out people's minds? You have to get the classification system standardized.

I've no doubt you will be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In fact, I think you should start spending the prize money now. Go buy yourself a new car. Just use your classification system as credit.

Oh, and you may want to use some of that money to buy some meds and maybe see a shrink because, seriously, you need help.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
22-04-2011, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 10:01 AM by TrainWreck.)
(22-04-2011 04:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  I've seen your categorization and I still don't understand what it is, what is it for and do I need to categorize anything, if I don't work in a library? Does that make me stupider than you? No, it makes you poorly explaining everything about your classification, why is it used and how.
Classification is all around you; restaurant menus, table of contents, grocery lists, tags, and the directory of Internet discussion forums, are all forms of information classification. When a person tags, or puts an internet bookmark into a folder with other bookmarks, that person is performing classification.

When a person commences a discussion thread they perform classification when they decide which forum category to publish it in, and in some instances the moderators will modify the person's decision by reclassifying the thread into a more appropriate category - that is classification.

And there in lies the problems - first of all, just like everyone else, you are unaware of having performed classification; and just like everyone else, you think it is only something of accommodation for librarians??? (so, yes, it's an indication that you are stupid) And that leads to the subsequent problems, and that is there is no understood standardization, and that is why we have a considerable amount of unresolved issues, which is why we have a very chaotic social system - the arguments in society are based on inappropriate classification - differing perspectives is the projection of differing classification systems based on logic systems, which are any of the -isms (ideologies, philosophies). And, that includes religions which are organized logic and morality systems from the perspective of atheism, and not belief and worship of gods, because since there is no "supernatural," that is just another abstraction (made up in the human mind) just like logic, morality, philosophy, world view, ideology, etc.

(22-04-2011 04:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  So if you want people to understand you, follow you and listen to you, you should learn how to talk to people and how to present yourself. Specially if you are intellectually superior, you can not explain thing in your own way, because those of us that are intellectually inferior will not understand what you are saying. . .
Do you understand now, when I simplify things for you? Maybe you are not the only one who is intellectually superior...
I am very much aware of this dilemma - I should not have to explain to atheists what classification is, because calling one's self anything is classification.

I am not going to compromise my principles - my thinking is correct, and I am going to ram this down your throats, because I have to do whatever it takes to get society straightened-out, and the atheists' dogma is the problem that needs to be fixed.

(21-04-2011 10:35 AM)BnW Wrote:  Earlier, you said you had created your super terrific classification system and that this made intellectually superior; you were Wile E. Coyote, super genius. But, now it turns out that you've created nothing, the intellectual equivalent of Elmer Fudd.

Which is it: do you have this classification system that makes you a genius, or don't you? It can't be both. It's put up or shut up time.
Oh, I found what I said . . .
(17-04-2011 08:48 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am, however, the better intellectual, and my devising of a secular classification system is absolute proof of superior intelligence. My contempt for atheists is based on my recognition of atheists continued failure to accept the responsibility of organizing principled community.
It's amazing how you, and your poor circle of clones, will accuse me of contorting statements. If you would treat each other equally instead of ganging-up on the independent critically thinking entity, maybe, you could get somewhere instead of being wards of the Christians' guardianship.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
22-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Hahaha, your thread is titled All Aboard and your user name is Train Wreck... That made me laugh. And is the only reason I came in here to comment. Awesome.

22-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm very pleased somebody got it.

22-04-2011, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2011 01:20 PM by Tim_Kiebooms.)
I think someone here has a serious messiah-complex.
First of all a classification for every kind of social class in the world is pretty much unachievable at the moment. If you really want this to break through, you need to make it a popular thought all around the world. Even if it's only the wester society, the idea of making your classification even something worth mentioning in politics seems like plain madness. Claiming your intellectual superiority is also not the way of making yourself popular, which especially you who wants us to believe in your ideas, should keep in mind.

Some arguments against this classification system of yours.

- Classification leads to stereotypic thinking, which causes discrimination (as stated before) Differences are the main cause for social conflicts and differences is what you highlight when you classify anything.

- There's no such thing as a standard Atheist organization, in fact a lot of people became atheists because they wanted to leave organizations like Christianity and other religions that have a hierarchy.

- Without classification everything is treated equally, as utopian as it might sound it's what a lot of people have been fighting for and still do (look at Libya for example)

- You call a lack of classification a chaos, but if you start to categorize every human based on anything that influences his behavior you'll find that you'll get an extremely complex, politically inefficient (to say the least) and chaotic system.

- If you want people to be treated based on your (chaotic) classification you'll find that people usually never fully live up to the standards you put up, which causes them to be treated wrongly.

Good luck with becoming the leaders of the atheists. Since there isn't a generally recognized standard atheist organization, of what exactly would that make you the leader anyway?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Tim_Kiebooms's post
22-04-2011, 01:56 PM
For clarification, Trainwrecks classification system isn't just a way to class people. He is proposing a new system to classify ALL knowledge.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-04-2011, 02:02 PM
(22-04-2011 01:56 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For clarification, Trainwrecks classification system isn't just a way to class people. He is proposing a new system to classify ALL knowledge.

That is almost like having some system by which information is stored and available for use by the masses...if only we were advanced enough to develop such a system...Wait...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-04-2011, 02:08 PM
(22-04-2011 01:56 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For clarification, Trainwrecks classification system isn't just a way to class people. He is proposing a new system to classify ALL knowledge.
Thanks for clarifying.

Reclassifying everything seems to be pretty insane and pretty useless as well, but if it makes you feel happy, sure go ahead. Also there's more knowledge than any human mind can cary in a single lifetime at the moment, so you're going to have a hard time with making it waterproof.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user