• 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: All I do is talk about atheism
What is it about atheism that you find so fascinating? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
19-04-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 04:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-04-2014 03:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What is it about atheism that you find so fascinating? Consider

I'm with Vosur, talk of atheism just seems banal to me. It's just the way it is. What's left to discuss?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-04-2014, 05:18 PM
TO BECOME FANATICAL OVER EXTREME POSITIONS IS UNHEALTHY IMAO.

AT AA MEETING WE TALK PRETTY CONSTANTLY ABOUT ALCOHOL

BUT THEN WER'E ALL A PACK OF WACKOS!Sadcryface
19-04-2014, 05:54 PM
(19-04-2014 05:18 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  TO BECOME FANATICAL OVER EXTREME POSITIONS IS UNHEALTHY IMAO.

How you been, Woofmeister? Good to see you again. Thumbsup

Atheism ain't like alcohol or religion. It ain't addictive. It's more like the lack of any metaphysical addictions, "metaphysically sober" so to speak.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-04-2014, 06:10 PM
(19-04-2014 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 05:18 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  TO BECOME FANATICAL OVER EXTREME POSITIONS IS UNHEALTHY IMAO.

How you been, Woofmeister? Good to see you again. Thumbsup

Atheism ain't like alcohol or religion. It ain't addictive. It's more like the lack of any metaphysical addictions, "metaphysically sober" so to speak.

Not sure about that GM:addictions can be very insidious.
Are you suggesting that atheism has no up side?Consider
19-04-2014, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2014 07:07 AM by GirlyMan.)
(19-04-2014 06:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Are you suggesting that atheism has no up side?Consider

It's zero-state. Equilibrium. It's the baseline. Tabula rasa.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-04-2014, 06:21 PM
(15-04-2014 04:24 PM)netninja Wrote:  The truth is I like it, I have more knowledge about religion than anyone I know, I used to love studying about christianism when I was a believer and I talked passionate about it. Now as an atheist I am their perfect enemy and I talk as passionate about it as I used to talk about religion.

The sad part is that many people seem to think I am mad, that I can't get over it and that's why I don't stop talking about how believers are being lied to and all that stuff.

This is the kind of person I am about anything I like, when I was into music all I talked about was music because I knew a lot about the subject, I've talked about science, comic books and whatever I've liked with passion in the past. Right know I'm happy about being an atheist and about being free after years and years of mental oppression, but people don't seem to understand, I have a handful of friends now, and I was a very popular guy back in the day, I was the guy to talk to when they had any questions about their faith.

This is something that does not get me sad, I mean, I do not live deppressed or anything like that, but it does come to my mind at times and it frustrates me a lot. That for realising the truth I have to be the oddman out :/
Instead of thinking that for a hardcore believer like me to turn, there must have been pretty good reasons.

All I had back in the day was god, and I talked about it all the time. Nowdays all I have is my atheism and I love talking about it. I kind of feel the need to tell people to not let themselves be fooled, as I once felt the need to teach people about god :/

Just wanted to get that out of my chest even If I'm not making much sense.

I dismantle belief every opportunity I get, in multiple venues, online and offline, and get great joy doing so.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
19-04-2014, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 08:38 PM by WillHopp.)
I find it hilarious guys on here say, "Why talk about atheism?" as they type their words on a social forum for atheism.

To the OP, starting a blog helps get out all of the topics and ideas you want to express. Then everything subsides a bit and you can get back to a normal life with only the occasional atheism discussion or urge to discuss. ... at least that's how it went for me with my blog.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
19-04-2014, 08:23 PM
(19-04-2014 07:19 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I find it hilarious two guys on here say, "Why talk about atheism?" as they type their words on a social forum for atheism.

Well... there are lots of different kinds of people here and each has a different experience.

The thing is... for many of us life-long atheists, who were never indoctrinated or had to live closeted, we really have no fight. You guys... especially the ones just coming out... you do. You have a fight ... possibly a fight for your life.

For myself, I really can't be pissed off about being similarly exploited because I never was. Any need to satisfy my curiosity was never restricted. I was never obligated or pressured to go along with anything I would later discover to be a ruse to control me. I was never abused by any faith. It was never a part of my life.

A few people here have been confused by how I speak with theists. Many often think I should be more militant or be an angry atheist. I usually try to ignore all that; it's not my business to tell anyone how to be. But to make it as clear as I can: it's not MY fight. It can't be... it has to be yours. The only way I know how to be is to be one's self. Each person must fight for their own reason... for their self.

Nearly everyone I've encountered who is recovering from religion, needs a shore to crawl out onto ... a place to get their bearings... a place to walk, possibly for the first time, with a sense of their own self. This might be a place where that can happen.

What you encounter here might be just a smattering of the real world... where most secular people realize that being atheist is not everything about being alive... it's just one thing. And when you get the hang of it.... it's not even a big thing.

It will be a struggle and a fight to get to your self but, you'll get there.
And then you won't need to be here. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post