All Powerful and All Knowing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: All Powerful and All Knowing?
if your trying to mind rape me, i think i need a rape kit Confused
If your my imaginative alternate ego , get me a coffee bitch. Tongue

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 09:25 AM
(18-10-2013 07:09 AM)Numenor Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 07:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I think you shouldn't fuck with the standard font. Dodgy

Lol my bad for choosing Times New Romans, really wish these forums would just state what the default font is so I can select it. Because a lot of times when you copy and paste stuff it has different fonts. I hate it when the beginning part of my post is the default font and the bottom half is some weird font that whatever I copy pasted from.

No big. I just couldn't read it. Tongue

Perhaps the OP would have been better placed in the philosophy section. Here, it does look like a theistic justification; along those lines, omni is merely a result of divine oneupmanship and simply dismissed as a faulty premise rather than wasting the mental energy twisting one's mind into knots.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 09:35 AM
So god is the one with the cheat codes. Primarily "God Mode"

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-10-2013, 09:57 AM
(18-10-2013 09:35 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  So god is the one with the cheat codes. Primarily "God Mode"

When you use God mode the game world becomes boring after the senseless destruction genocide novelty wears off.

OMG!! we could all be living an an abandoned Sim Universe game.

18-10-2013, 10:18 AM
(18-10-2013 09:57 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 09:35 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  So god is the one with the cheat codes. Primarily "God Mode"

When you use God mode the game world becomes boring after the senseless destruction genocide novelty wears off.

OMG!! we could all be living an an abandoned Sim Universe game.
Well that explains it! God got bored and moved on to create another game. He's probally playing the equivalent of Sim earth 4020 now. Geez god, u have to much time on your hands! I think the bastard forgot to update the anti-virus program though.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
18-10-2013, 11:04 AM
The DRM servers are due to expire on judgment day, better have your subscriptions paid up or you will be deleted.

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
18-10-2013, 12:23 PM
oh no

Not the God-Rock Paradox again...

The simple, easiest to explain answer is that the paradox cannot be.

That's not saying that God couldn't do it, it's saying that the concept cannot exist.

You're playing a semantics game and redefining "all powerful".

ie

If God is all powerful then can He create a rock that He cannot lift?

In that sentence you've redefined omnipotence. You've given omnipotence a restriction; it's clever, but it's null.

If the words "God is all powerful" are together in a sentence then there cannot be a "but" or "then". If there is, then it's negating omnipotence via semantics.

So, it's not that He can't lift it, it's just that in our realm of logic and understanding, that paradox cannot exist and be tied to the definition of "omnipotence".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
18-10-2013, 02:57 PM
(18-10-2013 06:09 AM)Numenor Wrote:  "If God is all powerful then can he create a boulder that even he can't lift? If he can create a boulder that he can't lift then he isn't all powerful because he can't lift the boulder. But if he can't create such a boulder then he isn't all powerful. Therefore it isn't possible to be all powerful or god doesn't exist."

The question is nonsense. You are asking if God can create a lift-able/unlift-able boulder. The nonsense here doesn't magically disappear because you put the words "God can" in front of it.

Use questions that actually make sense to investigate the nature of God.
18-10-2013, 06:07 PM
(18-10-2013 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:09 AM)Numenor Wrote:  "If God is all powerful then can he create a boulder that even he can't lift? If he can create a boulder that he can't lift then he isn't all powerful because he can't lift the boulder. But if he can't create such a boulder then he isn't all powerful. Therefore it isn't possible to be all powerful or god doesn't exist."

The question is nonsense. You are asking if God can create a lift-able/unlift-able boulder. The nonsense here doesn't magically disappear because you put the words "God can" in front of it.

Use questions that actually make sense to investigate the nature of God.

As I said the quote isn't what I am saying, it what other people. I have seen Darkmatter2525 use it quite a few times in his videos and comments section. As I said this doesn't even have to do with anything about God.

Hence my examples of people being capable of being all powerful in their fantasy worlds that they create. If you're saying we aren't all powerful even in our fantasy then what would you say we are then?
18-10-2013, 06:18 PM
(18-10-2013 08:50 AM)sporehux Wrote:  if your trying to mind rape me, i think i need a rape kit Confused
If your my imaginative alternate ego , get me a coffee bitch. Tongue

I said I could be, I never said I was. Prove to me that you aren't the alternate ego. Until then go get me some coffee icecream. Sleepy