All Powerful and All Knowing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: All Powerful and All Knowing?
(18-10-2013 06:07 PM)Numenor Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The question is nonsense. You are asking if God can create a lift-able/unlift-able boulder. The nonsense here doesn't magically disappear because you put the words "God can" in front of it.

Use questions that actually make sense to investigate the nature of God.

As I said the quote isn't what I am saying, it what other people. I have seen Darkmatter2525 use it quite a few times in his videos and comments section. As I said this doesn't even have to do with anything about God.

Hence my examples of people being capable of being all powerful in their fantasy worlds that they create. If you're saying we aren't all powerful even in our fantasy then what would you say we are then?

Just remember then that Darkmatter2525 is using nonsense to substantiate his claims. As such they can be dismissed outright.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 08:01 PM
(18-10-2013 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 06:09 AM)Numenor Wrote:  "If God is all powerful then can he create a boulder that even he can't lift? If he can create a boulder that he can't lift then he isn't all powerful because he can't lift the boulder. But if he can't create such a boulder then he isn't all powerful. Therefore it isn't possible to be all powerful or god doesn't exist."

The question is nonsense. You are asking if God can create a lift-able/unlift-able boulder. The nonsense here doesn't magically disappear because you put the words "God can" in front of it.

Use questions that actually make sense to investigate the nature of God.
Someone doesn't understand omnipotence...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
18-10-2013, 08:19 PM
(18-10-2013 08:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Someone doesn't understand omnipotence...

Maybe God can create the lift-able/un-liftable boulder(I don't think so because my definition of omnipotence is different than yours). But such a creation would still be nonsensical to us. If He can do it will still be nonsensical to us. Nonsense is Nonsense.