All battened down ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: All battened down ...
(29-10-2012 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And Hellbound just ain't hip to all the new gear ... How come you're out of power and I'm just looking at a rather ordinary storm here near DC? ... Should I pucker?

It's rural; a heavy dew and 3 starlings will knock out power.

Seriously, though, it is rural with a lot of trees; fallen trees or branches account for most outages hereabouts.

Ima gonna pucker.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2012, 07:42 PM
(29-10-2012 11:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 10:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The President just said his thoughts and prayers are with you, so I guess I'll stop worrying.

I don't think you can imagine my sense of peace. Yes

[Image: img-thing.jpg]

I could hug you for this. Essentially lost contact with my mom, who's in coastal NJ, due to power outages. A bit nervous. But this cracked me up. Thank ya'....

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
29-10-2012, 08:21 PM
(29-10-2012 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whereabouts are you?

PA. I guess Philadelphia is getting bad, I have the news on. Lots of people without power and flooding, but I'm in NW PA. It's supposed to be worst at 2am. I figured everyone was overreacting here, getting extra food and flashlights, but with this wind and rain, I'm sure we'll see some power outtages and flooding here, probably some trees will go down. The rain is very noisy right now. Got the flashlights and candles out just in case.

NY looks fucking bad though, geez. And everyone on the coast of course.

All I've done is get the dog food off the basement floor because I'm sure the basement will flood a bit. And I have cake, because that's important.
29-10-2012, 08:42 PM
(29-10-2012 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And Hellbound just ain't hip to all the new gear ... How come you're out of power and I'm just looking at a rather ordinary storm here near DC? ... Should I pucker?

It's rural; a heavy dew and 3 starlings will knock out power.

Seriously, though, it is rural with a lot of trees; fallen trees or branches account for most outages hereabouts.

So you're saying a mumeration will knock out your power?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-10-2012, 08:43 PM
(29-10-2012 08:21 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whereabouts are you?

PA. I guess Philadelphia is getting bad, I have the news on. Lots of people without power and flooding, but I'm in NW PA. It's supposed to be worst at 2am. I figured everyone was overreacting here, getting extra food and flashlights, but with this wind and rain, I'm sure we'll see some power outtages and flooding here, probably some trees will go down. The rain is very noisy right now. Got the flashlights and candles out just in case.

NY looks fucking bad though, geez. And everyone on the coast of course.

All I've done is get the dog food off the basement floor because I'm sure the basement will flood a bit. And I have cake, because that's important.

I like cake.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-10-2012, 12:35 PM
And ... drum roll please ... nothing, nada, never lost power, only branches I can see down are twigs. Whole lotta nothing here in DC. ... Looks like the bitch saved her shit for further north. ... Teatards'll prolly give OPM shit for being safe rather than sorry and giving me 2 days off.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2012, 12:42 PM
(30-10-2012 12:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And ... drum roll please ... nothing, nada, never lost power, only branches I can see down are twigs. Whole lotta nothing here in DC. ... Looks like the bitch saved her shit for further north. ... Teatards'll prolly give OPM shit for being safe rather than sorry and giving me 2 days off.

I told you that storm didn't have the guts to face you down Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
30-10-2012, 01:05 PM
(30-10-2012 12:42 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 12:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And ... drum roll please ... nothing, nada, never lost power, only branches I can see down are twigs. Whole lotta nothing here in DC. ... Looks like the bitch saved her shit for further north. ... Teatards'll prolly give OPM shit for being safe rather than sorry and giving me 2 days off.

I told you that storm didn't have the guts to face you down Smile

Pretty sure it was ManlyGirl that scared her off. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2012, 01:15 PM
(29-10-2012 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ima gonna pucker.

We could have puckered together GM. I was off New York ave this morning and it was the best delivery I ever made in DC. Almost zero traffic. Thanks for staying home everyone!
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
30-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Well, that was disappointing. Not that I want Girly to be rocked like a hurricane again, at least since that party in 88 where he accidentally got drunk in his Girly clothes and uh....never mind, off topic. (Look up the video...or don't)

So, apparently we, all the way out in the mountains of TN, had it nearly as bad as Girly did. Some rain, branches down, and some patio furniture knocked about.