All cellular functions are  irreducibly complex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 03:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: All cellular functions are  irreducibly complex
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:43 PM)Godexists Wrote:  evidence please.

The sun.

Entropy must increase assuming that the system in question is closed - that is, there is no more energy coming in from outside. Earth gets quite a lot of energy from the sun. It is not a closed system.

I know it's been said before, but I feel it needs to be repeated, and noted that it is not hyperbole: this is middle school level information. In fact, I learned about this in elementary school, albeit in an advanced placement science program.

Jest remember folks.

People who use the '2nd Law of Thermodynamics' as a debate point in favor of god/creationism, don't have a fucking clue what the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics even means.

@ godexists

I mean really, didn't anyone explain to you the 1st Law of Thermodynamics?

The 1st Law of Thermodynamics is, you don't talk about the Laws of Thermodynamics.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is, you don't talk about the Laws of Thermodynamics!

I mean, fuck, didn't you read the pamphlet?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-09-2015, 03:12 AM
(14-09-2015 05:55 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 09:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Still waiting for the answer to the following question:

What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations?

i think you are asking the wrong question.

Because you cannot answer it

What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations?
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
15-09-2015, 03:28 AM
(13-09-2015 07:52 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
Quote:On the side of evolution, we have literally millions of confirmed cases.

micro evolution, yes.

macro evolution, not even one.

Just to remind everyone why it is so important that Godexists cannot answer my question. If he cannot tell us "What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations" then he cannot refute the millions of confirmed cases of evolution.

He has basically admitted that evolution exists (he should change his user name).
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
15-09-2015, 04:13 AM
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:43 PM)Godexists Wrote:  evidence please.

The sun.

Entropy must increase assuming that the system in question is closed - that is, there is no more energy coming in from outside. Earth gets quite a lot of energy from the sun. It is not a closed system.

I know it's been said before, but I feel it needs to be repeated, and noted that it is not hyperbole: this is middle school level information. In fact, I learned about this in elementary school, albeit in an advanced placement science program.

i dont see the connection between a open thermodynamic system, and coded information. Please elucidate me. Give me some observed examples where this happened. Hobo
15-09-2015, 04:22 AM
(14-09-2015 07:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 05:55 PM)Godexists Wrote:  i think you are asking the wrong question.

It has never been observed that a bacteria evolved into something else than a bacteria. That is EMPIRICAL evidence that it simply does NOT happen.

You cannot logically get from "it has been observed" to "it simply does NOT happen".

That is lazy, incorrect, fallacious thinking.

Take a logic course. Drinking Beverage

but russells teapot isnt a fallacious argument ?

[Image: russel10.jpg]
15-09-2015, 04:24 AM
(15-09-2015 03:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 07:52 PM)Godexists Wrote:  micro evolution, yes.

macro evolution, not even one.

Just to remind everyone why it is so important that Godexists cannot answer my question. If he cannot tell us "What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations" then he cannot refute the millions of confirmed cases of evolution.

He has basically admitted that evolution exists (he should change his user name).

ah really ??

[Image: asddsa11.jpg]

you conflate micro evolution with macro evolution.

macro evolution has NEVER been observed.
15-09-2015, 04:24 AM
(15-09-2015 01:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The sun.

Jest remember folks.

People who use the '2nd Law of Thermodynamics' as a debate point in favor of god/creationism, don't have a fucking clue what the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics even means.

@ godexists

I mean really, didn't anyone explain to you the 1st Law of Thermodynamics?

The 1st Law of Thermodynamics is, you don't talk about the Laws of Thermodynamics.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is, you don't talk about the Laws of Thermodynamics!

I mean, fuck, didn't you read the pamphlet?

i didnt bring up the thermodynamics argument.....
15-09-2015, 04:30 AM
(15-09-2015 04:24 AM)Godexists Wrote:  you conflate micro evolution with macro evolution.

macro evolution has NEVER been observed.

If there is no mechanism (and there isn't) then your so called 'macroevolution' happens because of 'microevolution'.

This is what we see happening and this is what we actually do in practice to get artificial evolution to work.

First thing you learn when being taught to create a genetic algorithm is to make it so each step or mutation can be made as small as possible.

This means that mutations are less likely to be deleterious to the fitness level. And it allows for optimisation at the end of the run.

If you disagree with this then tell me What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
15-09-2015, 04:32 AM
(15-09-2015 04:24 AM)Godexists Wrote:  i didnt bring up the thermodynamics argument.....

Actually you did when trying to answer my question

(14-09-2015 06:09 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 01:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  What mechanism is in place to stop small changes from accumulating over many generations?

for example, this :

http://www.icr.org/article/mutation-fixa...evolution/

Either you do not know or care what you are posting because it is word salad or you are lying for Jesus.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
15-09-2015, 04:46 AM
(15-09-2015 04:13 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The sun.

i dont see the connection between a open thermodynamic system, and coded information. Please elucidate me. Give me some observed examples where this happened. Hobo

No wonder you spout such nonsense - you have no understanding of basic principles.

You don't understand the difference between open and closed systems, you have a basic misunderstanding of what 'information' even means, and have a muddy, even incoherent, dichotomy between 'micro' and 'macro' evolution.

You can't even comprehend the science you so apishly quote. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post