All cellular functions are  irreducibly complex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: All cellular functions are  irreducibly complex
(24-09-2015 05:08 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 10:06 PM)Godexists Wrote:  When you die, you will know if scriptures were fake. If they weren't, though.......

That right there is the reason so many of us have rejected your religion. Your god threatens hell for unbelievers, this is the epitome of an unjust and immoral religion.

This is also an example of humans trying to control other humans by using un-provable threats.

You get on this forum and toss about your religious apologism of irreducible complexity and this apologism leads right back to how unjust this god is that designs and manufactures things like tuberculosis, then sets His biological Frankenstein monsters loose in human populations to kill and wreak untold suffering upon the human race.

Then after you have reminded us, yet again, what a monster this god of yours is, you tell us we are going to hell -once again.

Do you really think this does anything but serve as a reminder how horrible your religion and your god is?

All we can do is point to the monster and say it doesn't exist and it certainly deserves no one's loyalty or worship regardless.

[Image: answer10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 06:19 PM
(24-09-2015 06:14 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 01:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  We won't know shit because part of the definition of death is that our brains cease to function and therefore we lose the ability to 'know'.

Not only is there no scientific evidence that we can perform any kind of intellectual ability without a brain, which would be a bit like driving without a vehicle, but all evidence points to mental faculties degrading or stopping as the brain is slowly destroyed or ceases to function.

For someone who has been trying to subvert science, your post demonstrates that you do not actually care about evidence.

http://reasonandscience.heavenforum.org/...ht=dualism

Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands

http://profezie3m.altervista.org/archivi...et_NDE.htm

division of Cardiology, Hospital Rijnstate, Arnhem, Netherlands (P van Lommel MD); Tilburg, Netherlands (R van Wees PhD); Nijmegen, Netherlands (V Meyers PhD); and Capelle a/d Ijssel, Netherlands (I Elfferich PhD)

"During a night shift an ambulance brings in a 44-year-old cyanotic, comatose man into the coronary care unit. He had been found about an hour before in a meadow by passers-by. After admission, he receives artificial respiration without intubation, while heart massage and defibrillation are also applied. When we want to intubate the patient, he turns out to have dentures in his mouth. I remove these upper dentures and put them onto the 'crash car'. Meanwhile, we continue extensive CPR. After about an hour and a half the patient has sufficient heart rhythm and blood pressure, but he is still ventilated and intubated, and he is still comatose. He is transferred to the intensive care unit to continue the necessary artificial respiration. Only after more than a week do I meet again with the patient, who is by now back on the cardiac ward. I distribute his medication. The moment he sees me he says: 'Oh, that nurse knows where my dentures are'. I am very surprised. Then he elucidates: 'Yes, you were there when I was brought into hospital and you took my dentures out of my mouth and put them onto that car, it had all these bottles on it and there was this sliding drawer underneath and there you put my teeth.' I was especially amazed because I remembered this happening while the man was in deep coma and in the process of CPR. When I asked further, it appeared the man had seen himself lying in bed, that he had perceived from above how nurses and doctors had been busy with CPR. He was also able to describe correctly and in detail the small room in which he had been resuscitated as well as the appearance of those present like myself. At the time that he observed the situation he had been very much afraid that we would stop CPR and that he would die. And it is true that we had been very negative about the patient's prognosis due to his very poor medical condition when admitted. The patient tells me that he desperately and unsuccessfully tried to make it clear to us that he was still alive and that we should continue CPR. He is deeply impressed by his experience and says he is no longer afraid of death. 4 weeks later he left hospital as a healthy man."

Sounds like chance and circumstance. Also, this may come as a surprise to you...but people lie, make shit up....just read the bible for example.....or this piece of garbage's book of lies..

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/boy-who-...59057.html

...hey wait a minute, is the OP a JW? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Laugh out load
24-09-2015, 07:13 PM
(24-09-2015 06:16 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 05:08 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  That right there is the reason so many of us have rejected your religion. Your god threatens hell for unbelievers, this is the epitome of an unjust and immoral religion.

This is also an example of humans trying to control other humans by using un-provable threats.

You get on this forum and toss about your religious apologism of irreducible complexity and this apologism leads right back to how unjust this god is that designs and manufactures things like tuberculosis, then sets His biological Frankenstein monsters loose in human populations to kill and wreak untold suffering upon the human race.

Then after you have reminded us, yet again, what a monster this god of yours is, you tell us we are going to hell -once again.

Do you really think this does anything but serve as a reminder how horrible your religion and your god is?

All we can do is point to the monster and say it doesn't exist and it certainly deserves no one's loyalty or worship regardless.

There's a catch with an unjust god, you see he would revel in the chance to lead you to follow a useless religion your whole life and then simply throw you into hell for shits and giggles.
You can abstract the concept of what being "just" means and totally change the definition of the word, but at some point, you just might realize that a god that doesn't give a rats ass about your allegiance isn't going to save you from anything.

Your religion falls apart with just a little bit of critical thinking, it's simply a man-made construct to control people with fear, it certainly worked in your case.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
24-09-2015, 07:35 PM
(24-09-2015 07:13 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 06:16 PM)Godexists Wrote:  [Image: answer10.jpg]

There's a catch with an unjust god, you see he would revel in the chance to lead you to follow a useless religion your whole life and then simply throw you into hell for shits and giggles.
You can abstract the concept of what being "just" means and totally change the definition of the word, but at some point, you just might realize that a god that doesn't give a rats ass about your allegiance isn't going to save you from anything.

Your religion falls apart with just a little bit of critical thinking, it's simply a man-made construct to control people with fear, it certainly worked in your case.

Your problem is you think you are entitled to make moral judgements , but adhere to a world view where objective moral values cannot exist.

http://www.bethinking.org/is-there-meani...ithout-god

Modern man, says Schaeffer, resides in a two-story universe. In the lower story is the finite world without God; here life is absurd, as we have seen. In the upper story are meaning, value, and purpose. Now modern man lives in the lower story because he believes there is no God. But he cannot live happily in such an absurd world; therefore, he continually makes leaps of faith into the upper story to affirm meaning, value, and purpose, even though he has no right to, since he does not believe in God. Modern man is totally inconsistent when he makes this leap, because these values cannot exist without God, and man in his lower story does not have God.
24-09-2015, 07:43 PM
(23-09-2015 11:26 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Irony.

You are apparently unable to detect it. Consider

You are an idiot. Drinking Beverage

why are you wasting your time name calling me ? What do you expect to reach doing this ? or are you not grown up yet ?

You clearly did not understand what I said. The insult was just an observation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2015, 07:45 PM
(24-09-2015 07:35 PM)‘Godexists Wrote:  ...these values cannot exist without God...

All human values are subjective constructs.

I challenge you to name any “objective” value and I or someone from our Forum will describe a situation where it falls apart and doesn’t hold.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-09-2015, 08:19 PM
(24-09-2015 07:35 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 07:13 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There's a catch with an unjust god, you see he would revel in the chance to lead you to follow a useless religion your whole life and then simply throw you into hell for shits and giggles.

Your problem is you think you are entitled to make moral judgements , but adhere to a world view where objective moral values cannot exist.

http://www.bethinking.org/is-there-meani...ithout-god

Modern man, says Schaeffer, resides in a two-story universe. In the lower story is the finite world without God; here life is absurd, as we have seen. In the upper story are meaning, value, and purpose. Now modern man lives in the lower story because he believes there is no God. But he cannot live happily in such an absurd world; therefore, he continually makes leaps of faith into the upper story to affirm meaning, value, and purpose, even though he has no right to, since he does not believe in God. Modern man is totally inconsistent when he makes this leap, because these values cannot exist without God, and man in his lower story does not have God.

I can make moral judgements because I have a sense of empathy, I wouldn't torture anyone forever for not believing what I tell them because I provide no evidence. That makes me demonstrably morally superior to the god of the bible.

Positing a god that tortures for lack of belief is an inferior moral construct to that which humans can derive from simple empathy.
This highlights the capricious and clearly FABRICATED god concept of the bible. The ancient Hebrews simply reflected the moral degeneracy of their time, they had no ascendant spiritual or moral principals that they presented in the Old Testament.
It's clear they constructed this god when the similarities between Babylonian and Sumerian myth are realized, there is no doubt that they borrowed their god concept. They literally copied parts of the Epic of Gilgamesh and passed it off as part of their myth.
There's simply nothing left of their god concept that isn't derived from the Mesopotamian myths of that time. There is simply nothing that Christianity offers that isn't based on something else.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-09-2015, 09:07 PM
GE, if your stupid deity did exist it would be completely ridiculous to think of worshiping such a piece of shit. You can pile on fear of hell all you want, that is no God worthy of anything other than a declaration of war.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
24-09-2015, 09:43 PM
(24-09-2015 06:16 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 05:08 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  That right there is the reason so many of us have rejected your religion. Your god threatens hell for unbelievers, this is the epitome of an unjust and immoral religion.

It's still neither love nor just. Why? According to every Christian I've ever heard, your salvation must come before you die, and not after. So you must submit to an imaginary being with zero evidence before you die, and you're not allowed to change your mind in the supposed afterlife whenever you're supposedly presented with the evidence that is Hell itself. Your god is demanding that we make this decision on bad or non-existent evidence. Your god is not rewarding good behavior or preventing bad behavior, the only checkpoint into Heaven is gullibility; are you gullible enough to buy into Christianity sans evidence?

(ProTip: It's not your god making this demand, it's the humans wielding power in his name you stupid fuck).

That's bollocks, and makes me morally superior to your emotionally stunted, invisible, trans-dimensional space wizard. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post