All hail our new dictator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: All hail our new dictator
(03-10-2013 05:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 11:25 PM)nach_in Wrote:  So the only admin in an atheist forum is a calvinist?

just... how?

So what?

If you are competent and have skills, it doesn't matter what you think about in your free time.

Stark and Seth are comfortable with KC, and so am I.

So am I, but the irony is just too strong to let it pass unnoticed... I love KC, KC is good and generous, ALL HAIL KC!!!

hope that's enough

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
03-10-2013, 03:41 PM
This forum is supposed to be a safe and free environment for non-believers to discuss a wide range of topics, and as long as you maintain that, it doesn't matter if you aren't yourself an atheist. That's the attitude I see from Seth, so as long as KC upholds that I don't mind having a Christian moderator. Besides, if he turns on us we still have the true Benevolent Overlord - Seth - who will bring the hammer of justice down upon KC's head.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 3 users Like Elesjei's post
03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I read that the Calvinists believe that if a ruler is elect all minions are also automatically elect. Not quite a Pascal's Wager hedging your bets I know. But close enough. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
03-10-2013, 04:11 PM
(03-10-2013 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I read that the Calvinists believe that if a ruler is elect all minions are also automatically elect. Not quite a Pascal's Wager hedging your bets I know. But close enough. Tongue

Elect to what? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
(03-10-2013 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 03:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I read that the Calvinists believe that if a ruler is elect all minions are also automatically elect. Not quite a Pascal's Wager hedging your bets I know. But close enough. Tongue

Elect to what? Consider

They don't seem particularly specific or clear on that. Think they might be hedging their bets.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I could care less that he's a theist since he isn't actively trying to convert us and he at least tries to stick to the rules. He's demonstrated to me in the past that he is open to feedback, even if sometimes I'm a bit ... uh... blunt about my feedback.

I think my only concern is that we just have one admin. I suppose I prefer points of contrast between forum management since some contrast and discussion between an admin or two can be a good point of contrast. That said, I think it's also fair to say that Seth is also open to feedback and if bad things happened he wouldn't hesitate to step in. He cares about community and the whole point of this site is community and he gets that too.

So, I'm all for some positive reinforcement and positive attitude, so long as others are Smile

If we're all made of the same atoms and energy the rest of the universe is comprised of, then we too are parts of the universe. This leads us to the entertainment which is debate. The best part is where the universe, having come into consciousness, cannot agree on how it came to be in the first place. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I vote that we change the forum name to:

The Divine Atheist.

Consider

Too gay?

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2013, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 05:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-10-2013 04:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I think my only concern is that we just have one admin.

I think it's best that way. Philosopher King proving ground. Tongue

(03-10-2013 04:51 PM)Logisch Wrote:  I suppose I prefer points of contrast between forum management since some contrast and discussion between an admin or two can be a good point of contrast.

Ain't like dude ain't got or don't listen to and consider counsel. ... Everything's all right, yes everything's fine. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
(03-10-2013 05:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I vote that we change the forum name to:

The Divine Atheist.

Consider

Too gay?

Nah, just too soon. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 06:51 PM
(03-10-2013 05:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I vote that we change the forum name to:

The Divine Atheist.

Consider

Too gay?

The Gnostic Atheist. Dodgy

Or!