All in one forum?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2010, 12:26 AM
All in one forum?
Hey, everyone, I just registered here and I was going to lurk around some more before I posted to try and get a better grasp of who is who and whatnot but I figured I'd ask this question regardless.

I'm just curious why the forum consists of a single board? I don't know how many of you frequent other forums but I find it's more organized to keep things separated into different boards. For example I saw a few threads asking about Nintendo DS mixed in with serious discussion mixed in with little games like that 'Out of the Blue' thread.

I'm just curious as to why that is? Was it a conscious effort to keep it all in one place or does no one really want to move stuff around? I'm just curious is all, I've never really seen a forum keep everything in one board Tongue

Also, hello everyone, this is my first post Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2010, 10:21 AM
RE: All in one forum?
(16-03-2010 12:26 AM)Green Wrote:  Hey, everyone, I just registered here and I was going to lurk around some more before I posted to try and get a better grasp of who is who and whatnot but I figured I'd ask this question regardless.

I'm just curious why the forum consists of a single board? I don't know how many of you frequent other forums but I find it's more organized to keep things separated into different boards. For example I saw a few threads asking about Nintendo DS mixed in with serious discussion mixed in with little games like that 'Out of the Blue' thread.

I'm just curious as to why that is? Was it a conscious effort to keep it all in one place or does no one really want to move stuff around? I'm just curious is all, I've never really seen a forum keep everything in one board Tongue

Hey Green. Welcome to The Thinking Atheist.

About the single-board format: I emailed the owner of the site a while back asking about it. The answer is simply that he has neither the money to hire a web designer to expand it nor the time and experience to do it himself. In the meantime, though, this doesn't seem to be working too badly.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 10:21 AM
(16-03-2010 12:26 AM)Green Wrote:  Hey, everyone, I just registered here and I was going to lurk around some more before I posted to try and get a better grasp of who is who and whatnot but I figured I'd ask this question regardless.

Greetings. I'm not sure why we only have one board. However, those DS threads a while back were spam. It might have something to do with how few active users there are.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the answers/greetings! Maybe I'll e-mail the owner and ask what format of forum this is, I'm pretty proficient with coding and whatnot, depending on the format I could (assuming I have any permission) fix up some other boards to keep things separated...

However, I don't want to be a disturbance, if people are cool with it the way it is I own't bother, it's not my place to come into your homes and tell you how to organize them Tongue

16-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it'd be great to have more than one board here. If I had any idea how forums worked, I would offer to do it myself. Good luck to you.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2010, 11:41 AM
(16-03-2010 10:55 AM)Green Wrote:  Hey guys, thanks for the answers/greetings! Maybe I'll e-mail the owner and ask what format of forum this is, I'm pretty proficient with coding and whatnot, depending on the format I could (assuming I have any permission) fix up some other boards to keep things separated...

However, I don't want to be a disturbance, if people are cool with it the way it is I own't bother, it's not my place to come into your homes and tell you how to organize them Tongue

I'm all for it if you are willing.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!