All it needs is a ________________ (fill in blank)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 02:52 PM
All it needs is a ________________ (fill in blank)
I've run into this more times than I care to remember -- and it always reminds me what turds some people can be.....

You're going to buy something -- a car, boat, motorcycle --- (it's usually a vehicle of some type) and the current owner will tell you -- "All it need is a ______________" usually a sensor - or some odd, obscure, or unknown bit --- and he'll assure you that it's "really cheap" -- and "really easy to install" -----

But SOMEHOW ----

He's never gotten around to it --- which would of course allow the thing in question to actually WORK -- and you'd be happy to pay his asking price.......

99 time out of 100???

He broke that cheap part -- just so you wouldn't find the crankshaft sticking through the engine block -- or whatever other major malfunction caused the piece of shit to go on the market in the first place......

Or maybe I'm imagining it......

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: All it needs is a ________________ (fill in blank)
This is why you buy new. And buy motorcycles because even a poorhudda like myself can buy them new.

And also it pays to get it looked over by a mechanic before committing.
That $100 it's gonna cost to get it looked over by a mechanic (or free if you know someone) could save you thousands if you brought a lemon.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-06-2015, 05:18 PM
I've never bought a new car, and never paid to have one fixed. I've been lucky with that.
15-06-2015, 05:28 PM
(15-06-2015 05:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've never bought a new car, and never paid to have one fixed. I've been lucky with that.

You and me both bro......

Example -- the 96 Saturn that my SO is currently driving back and forth to work every day -- we bought 2 years ago for $700..... I had to replace an EGR valve, the temp sensor (to the computer) and do some exhaust work. Total cost - less than $800..... Since then I've had to replace a crank angle sensor (luckily - it died right in the garage (just last month-- parked right in between the posts of the two post car lift) --- $15 bucks later - it was fixed.

So for less than what most people would pay for a couple (or maybe a few) car payments -- she'd driven trouble free for two years -- and 40,000 miles......

(not counting oil changes....)

I'll never buy a new car.

New cars are for people with no mechanical aptitude or a machine shop.....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-06-2015, 05:31 PM
(15-06-2015 05:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why you buy new. And buy motorcycles because even a poorhudda like myself can buy them new.

And also it pays to get it looked over by a mechanic before committing.
That $100 it's gonna cost to get it looked over by a mechanic (or free if you know someone) could save you thousands if you brought a lemon.

I just don't buy their vehicles...

If they say "It doesn't run, and I don't know why" -- I'm usually OK with that.....

I'm usually able to figure out what's wrong.

Now, if I could only do that with people - I'd have it made.....

Big Grin

15-06-2015, 05:37 PM
I used to flip cars the way people flip houses now.
I'd puposely find cars who's owners had no idea what was wrong with them. I could get a pretty good handle on what it would take to fix them by hearing how bad they ran (if they ran at all) or by cranking the engine.
By them cheap, fix them cheap, sell them.
15-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Thread moved from PI&S to TT&TOT

15-06-2015, 07:55 PM
(15-06-2015 06:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread moved from PI&S to TT&TOT

Hey DLJ, while you're here I was at work yesterday doing security. And while I was doing that they got me doing a few off jobs, sort of stand in one spot jobs like putting security tags on things or assembling display models. And anyway, I was tagging ladies bras and underwear and I picked up this pink lacy thong and I immediately thought of you as I thought it would totally be something you would wear.

I thought I'd just share that with you. Carry on.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-06-2015, 08:03 PM
(15-06-2015 06:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread moved from PI&S to TT&TOT

That works too.....

I just about put it here, but was on the fence of where it belonged......

It'd probably really belong in the "Vent your spleen" thread.........

Or -- "things people do that piss you off" thread.....

shit....

I dunno.......

Here's fine too......

Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post