All kinds of Suck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: All kinds of Suck
We love you, Moms. All the best to you and your family. Take all the time you need, and snark away... we can take it! Smile

Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-08-2016, 05:37 PM
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-08-2016, 05:42 PM
My guess is that this is temporary and if it were me, I'd hold off as long as I could before looking for a place. If she can go from hospital to rehab, that might well take care of it.

It's a really big decision, because as she gains her faculties back, if she finds herself in an old folks home after being totally independent, she might lose it. And paint herself into a corner and have lost life as she knew it....put yourself in her shoes. I am sure her life is valuable to her.

So I would take it verrrrry slowwwwwly and give her the chance to get her life back...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-08-2016, 05:53 PM
(05-08-2016 05:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  My guess is that this is temporary and if it were me, I'd hold off as long as I could before looking for a place. If she can go from hospital to rehab, that might well take care of it.

It's a really big decision, because as she gains her faculties back, if she finds herself in an old folks home after being totally independent, she might lose it. And paint herself into a corner and have lost life as she knew it....put yourself in her shoes. I am sure her life is valuable to her.

So I would take it verrrrry slowwwwwly and give her the chance to get her life back...

They're likely releasing her on Monday. They said she can't just go home without a licensed caregiver 24/7.

This gives us the weekend to find an alternative place.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Hug So sorry to read that Moms. Take care of yourself too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-08-2016, 05:55 PM
You know how to reach me if you need to. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Sorry for your troubles.... you can be as snarky as you like... take care.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
05-08-2016, 06:32 PM
(05-08-2016 05:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 05:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  My guess is that this is temporary and if it were me, I'd hold off as long as I could before looking for a place. If she can go from hospital to rehab, that might well take care of it.

They're likely releasing her on Monday. They said she can't just go home without a licensed caregiver 24/7.

Yikes. Insurance won't pay for a temporary care giver?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-08-2016, 06:39 PM
(05-08-2016 06:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 05:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They're likely releasing her on Monday. They said she can't just go home without a licensed caregiver 24/7.

Yikes. Insurance won't pay for a temporary care giver?

They'll pay for rehab. But not for beyond they say her need to be there.

Basically if she stays beyond her release they charge us like $500 a day for their crappy care.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-08-2016, 06:44 PM
(05-08-2016 06:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 06:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yikes. Insurance won't pay for a temporary care giver?

They'll pay for rehab. But not for beyond they say her need to be there.

Basically if she stays beyond her release they charge us like $500 a day for their crappy care.

Well shit, I hope things get better! I haven't seen (much) snark from you Tongue so don't worry about that. Somebody go make a couple of puppets for Moms to knock around, will ya?! Laugh out load

Seriously, I hope she gets stabilized and thing even out. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post