All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(22-04-2014 08:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am in no way a theology scholar or even someone with biblical authority, but I do feel that God starts to speak through me for whatever weird, strange reason when I start answering questions on this site. Almost every single time I read a question to me or in regards to Christianity, I have no idea how to answer that question or what I'm going to say.

I don't answer questions arbitrarily or respond to theological dialog arbitrarily either. Many times I'll read something and I have no response for it, so I continue browsing the site. However, there are a lot of times that I'll read something and without thought or consideration I'll hit the "reply" button and start typing - having no idea what I'm saying.

Stuff just "comes out". Now, many of you would chalk this up as me being a good BSer and being good at being able to make things up on the fly and make it "sound" right.

Maybe. Always the possibility as nothing is impossible.

But, I'm more inclined to believe that God is speaking through me telling me what to type. I do have a few things going for me as you will be hard pressed to find something in my theology that isn't reconciled. As crazy and messed up as my theology is to some of you, it isn't contradictory. So, when I sit down to type, these new revelations are also reconciled (to the best of my knowledge) according to my theology.

But yeah, there is no real point to this thread. I just feel comfortable enough with all of you to share this. This is what I think happens to me when I start to reply to many of you.

You guys know I am honest... almost to a fault. I can honestly say that many times when I start typing there is no preconceived thought on my part. Almost every time, it's me sitting down at the computer and just typing... typing until I don't have any words left to type in regards to the context of the post.

...lol I just looked back at what I wrote and read it from a rational/non-believing perspective. Jeez... I do sound crazy.

Ahhh well... I embrace it. It's me.

This is why I adore you. The honesty.
But I gotta ask...what the hell is going on?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 02:06 AM
(25-04-2014 12:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  KC is there any sort of official 'please shut the fuck up' that you're aware of? If so, let's challenge that - you're a forum member, you should get to express your views.

I found that when I ran my own forum. I was unable to post on it expressing my own views without people jumping on me saying that I was using my position to quash opposing views. I started looking for a new forum to post on. It really sucked. If I was going to run another forum I'd have an anonymous admin account and not reveal which member was admin otherwise you put a load of work in for other people who don't appreciate it and don't get to enjoy the forum yourself.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2014, 04:30 AM
What a bunch of ridiculous, depressing bullshit. Whoever complained to Seth should GTFO our forum. I'd write to that Seth guy, but it'd prolly do more harm than good, considering half the message would be variations on the word "fuck." Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-04-2014, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 09:21 AM by kingschosen.)
Okay... guys.

The outpouring of support is definitely humbling and made me tear up a little.

I really appreciate it... far beyond words.

But, let's calm down. Nothing is happening right now. Seth has been in contact with me expressing his concerns over what I initially wrote in this thread. And I want to get some things straight.

1) I was told to not proselytize or use my position as a means of "ministry" so to speak.
2) I was not told to stop talking about my Christianity or religion. I made that decision on my own as to not cause more drama.
3) I was not told to step down or anything even close to that. Seth and I were still discussing the situation as we still are. As of right now, I'm not going anywhere.

Also, I would ask that you would be a little nicer to the person that reported me. Yeah, none of y'all know who it is... but that person can still read the responses directed at them. And that can be hurtful and intimidating. This person just acted because they felt uncomfortable with what I said and they didn't know who to turn to. If anything, all of this is MY fault. I should be accessible to everyone, and no one should ever feel uncomfortable coming to me about situations or concerns.

So, forgive this person and move on, and don't say anything more about it. Seriously, you can't fault someone for acting on something they believe in. I surely don't.

...anyway, Seth still supports me, and I'm still the admin here. So, no harm, no foul. Yes, this is needless drama, and yes, all of this could have been avoided if they would have contacted me personally, but it didn't swing that way. This is a learning experience for all of us. In the future, hopefully, we can make less dramatic decisions.

Edit:
Oh and one more thing. Please stop contacting Seth over forum matters. He has enough to deal with. This would include any type of complaints about this situation. Come to me first. Or go to Aurora. Or go to Hughsie. Or go to Dark Light... or Deep Thought... or Dom... or MSBB... or Rev... or DLJ... or Vosur. Just please, PLEASE stop going to Seth.

Edit 2:
There are rare circumstances that Seth needs to be contacted. Please use good judgment and common sense when determining whether or not you should send an email to Seth.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
25-04-2014, 07:08 AM
(24-04-2014 11:15 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...
anyway, Seth still supports me, and I'm still the admin here.

Damn! Foiled again!

Nice try Hughsie but we will have to bide our time and wait for another chance for a wholesale MUTINY!

[Image: mutiny.jpg]

By the way... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
25-04-2014, 07:15 AM
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Damn! Foiled again!

Nice try Hughsie but we will have to bide our time and wait for another chance for a wholesale MUTINY!

By the way... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.

Dodgy Rolleyes Facepalm Beat_stickBangin The Titanic

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-04-2014, 07:16 AM
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  By the way... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.

Why don't you wrack google? I've temporarily forgotten... Oh.... you *bastard*. I hope you get abandoned in a small boat someday Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-04-2014, 07:18 AM
(25-04-2014 06:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay... guys.

The outpouring of support is definitely humbling and made me tear up a little.

I really appreciate it... far beyond words.

But, let's calm down. Nothing is happening right now. Seth has been in contact with me expressing his concerns over what I initially wrote in this thread. And I want to get some things straight.

1) I was told to not proselytize or use my position as a means of "ministry" so to speak.
2) I was not told to stop talking about my Christianity or religion. I made that decision on my own as to not cause more drama.
3) I was not told to step down or anything even close to that. Seth and I were still discussing the situation as we still are. As of right now, I'm not going anywhere.

Also, I would ask that you would be a little nicer to the person that reported me. Yeah, none of y'all know who it is... but that person can still read the responses directed at them. And that can be hurtful and intimidating. This person just acted because they felt uncomfortable with what I said and they didn't know who to turn to. If anything, all of this is MY fault. I should be accessible to everyone, and no one should ever feel uncomfortable coming to me about situations or concerns.

So, forgive this person and move on, and don't say anything more about it. Seriously, you can't fault someone for acting on something they believe in. I surely don't.

...anyway, Seth still supports me, and I'm still the admin here. So, no harm, no foul. Yes, this is needless drama, and yes, all of this could have been avoided if they would have contacted me personally, but it didn't swing that way. This is a learning experience for all of us. In the future, hopefully, we can make less dramatic decisions.

Edit:

Oh and one more thing. Please stop contacting Seth over forum matters. He has enough to deal with. This would include any type of complaints about this situation. Come to me first. Or go to Aurora. Or go to Hughsie. Or go to Dark Light... or Deep Thought... or Dom... or MSBB... or Rev... or DLJ... or Vosur. Just please, PLEASE stop going to Seth.

I'm going to go to "Muffs, I think he is in charge of the Complaint Department.

In all honesty I have no idea how to respond to what happened other than to say I'm very happy you are still here KC. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-04-2014, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 07:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Damn! Foiled again!

It was the HMS Pinafore.
There was a mutiny when the cast didn't want to sing and dance any more.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-04-2014, 07:26 AM
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Damn! Foiled again!

OK, whichever Mod changed my post above to 'Hughsie Wrote' instead of 'Kingschosen Wrote'... that was fucking genius.

Big Grin