All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 07:56 AM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.
Pandora.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ft...count.html

That may not be the answer you're looking for but in the context of your "(w)rack" it's the only one that's appropriate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
25-04-2014, 09:49 AM
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  By the way... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.

Rosebud.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-04-2014, 11:53 AM
(25-04-2014 07:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: mutiny.jpg]

By the way... I've been (w)racking my brain trying to remember what was the name of the ship in the book and/or movie Mutiny On The Bounty.
I can't remember myself, but what I do remember is the answer to your question can be found somewhere on the Bounty. So try checking there.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why that entire ship in the pic is under water. Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
25-04-2014, 12:04 PM
(24-04-2014 11:15 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  ...
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why that entire ship in the pic is under water. Consider

DLJ's process:
Step 1. Check profile to see if poster is Murikan
If no go to Step 2.
Step 2. Facepalm.
If yes go to Step 3.
Step 3. Show pity.
Step 4. Explain irony

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-04-2014, 12:15 PM
(25-04-2014 12:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

DLJ's process:
If no go to Step 2.
Step 2. Facepalm.
If yes go to Step 3.
Step 3. Show pity.
Step 4. Explain irony

Dodgy

I just noticed that everyone was underwater. Now, to be fair, I only glanced at the pic when you posted it. Seeing that it's underwater makes more sense, now.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-04-2014, 04:02 PM
(25-04-2014 12:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

DLJ's process:
If no go to Step 2.
Step 2. Facepalm.
If yes go to Step 3.
Step 3. Show pity.
Step 4. Explain irony

Dodgy
Laugh out load

I was puzzled by your reply so I looked it up. Geez, has it been that long since I heard the details of the mutiny? My memory... I must be getting old! Blush

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
25-04-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 04:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-04-2014 10:07 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Saying that God speaks through me when answering questions =/= me using the forum to proselytize.

Proselytizing? WTF?!? That ain't proselytizing. When I answer questions God ain't talking through me, God is speaking directly to you bitches. My own personal Jesus and shit. Tongue

There is only one evangelist here and you and I ain't it.

[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-04-2014, 04:21 PM
(25-04-2014 06:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay... guys.

The outpouring of support is definitely humbling and made me tear up a little.

I really appreciate it... far beyond words.

But, let's calm down. Nothing is happening right now. Seth has been in contact with me expressing his concerns over what I initially wrote in this thread. And I want to get some things straight.

1) I was told to not proselytize or use my position as a means of "ministry" so to speak.
2) I was not told to stop talking about my Christianity or religion. I made that decision on my own as to not cause more drama.
3) I was not told to step down or anything even close to that. Seth and I were still discussing the situation as we still are. As of right now, I'm not going anywhere.

Also, I would ask that you would be a little nicer to the person that reported me. Yeah, none of y'all know who it is... but that person can still read the responses directed at them. And that can be hurtful and intimidating. This person just acted because they felt uncomfortable with what I said and they didn't know who to turn to. If anything, all of this is MY fault. I should be accessible to everyone, and no one should ever feel uncomfortable coming to me about situations or concerns.

So, forgive this person and move on, and don't say anything more about it. Seriously, you can't fault someone for acting on something they believe in. I surely don't.

...anyway, Seth still supports me, and I'm still the admin here. So, no harm, no foul. Yes, this is needless drama, and yes, all of this could have been avoided if they would have contacted me personally, but it didn't swing that way. This is a learning experience for all of us. In the future, hopefully, we can make less dramatic decisions.

Edit:
Oh and one more thing. Please stop contacting Seth over forum matters. He has enough to deal with. This would include any type of complaints about this situation. Come to me first. Or go to Aurora. Or go to Hughsie. Or go to Dark Light... or Deep Thought... or Dom... or MSBB... or Rev... or DLJ... or Vosur. Just please, PLEASE stop going to Seth.

Edit 2:
There are rare circumstances that Seth needs to be contacted. Please use good judgment and common sense when determining whether or not you should send an email to Seth.

I've never once in the whole time I've been here ever witnessed you coming even close to proselytizing. People ask you questions and you answer them truthfully or to the best of your ability. KC you have too much integrity to stoop to that level. Smile.

The first edit I completely agree with.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-04-2014, 07:04 PM
(25-04-2014 06:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) I was told to not proselytize or use my position as a means of "ministry" so to speak.
Bah, hogwash! Both your "Ask a Theist" thread as well as the response from the community to this incident clearly demonstrate that this is not an issue. We have your back, KC. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
25-04-2014, 10:28 PM
(25-04-2014 07:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  We have your back, KC. Sleepy

Rolleyes Now now. If we carry on with this he'll think we like him. It's cruel to lead him on...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post