All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2014, 10:42 PM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(26-04-2014 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ol' TW is a political nut Drinking Beverage Sure he will be *delighted* to detail exactly what flavour.

Did he just pick his interwebz monica to save us all loads of bother? Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
27-04-2014, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 02:42 AM by Luminon.)
(22-04-2014 08:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am in no way a theology scholar or even someone with biblical authority, but I do feel that God starts to speak through me for whatever weird, strange reason when I start answering questions on this site. Almost every single time I read a question to me or in regards to Christianity, I have no idea how to answer that question or what I'm going to say.

I don't answer questions arbitrarily or respond to theological dialog arbitrarily either. Many times I'll read something and I have no response for it, so I continue browsing the site. However, there are a lot of times that I'll read something and without thought or consideration I'll hit the "reply" button and start typing - having no idea what I'm saying.

Stuff just "comes out". Now, many of you would chalk this up as me being a good BSer and being good at being able to make things up on the fly and make it "sound" right.

Maybe. Always the possibility as nothing is impossible.

But, I'm more inclined to believe that God is speaking through me telling me what to type. I do have a few things going for me as you will be hard pressed to find something in my theology that isn't reconciled. As crazy and messed up as my theology is to some of you, it isn't contradictory. So, when I sit down to type, these new revelations are also reconciled (to the best of my knowledge) according to my theology.

But yeah, there is no real point to this thread. I just feel comfortable enough with all of you to share this. This is what I think happens to me when I start to reply to many of you.

You guys know I am honest... almost to a fault. I can honestly say that many times when I start typing there is no preconceived thought on my part. Almost every time, it's me sitting down at the computer and just typing... typing until I don't have any words left to type in regards to the context of the post.

...lol I just looked back at what I wrote and read it from a rational/non-believing perspective. Jeez... I do sound crazy.

Ahhh well... I embrace it. It's me.
Maybe you are just one of these mediums out there that use automatic writing. I've seen a plenty of them in my time. They weren't Christians, there is no reason to think that God writes through them and there is no sign that the creator of the universe is using you as his publisher.
You should judge the quality of your posts by human standards of truth and virtue, not automatically rate them as God's handiwork. How do these posts measure up if you judge them by human standards? (God's standards are pretty low, judging from the Bible)

Yeah, I know what you mean - but I spent years making sure that precisely this does not happen to me. My written sources consider mediumship one of the low arts, it employs limbic system or some such primitive area of the brain, so it's not very healthy or progressive for personal development. It's something that our ancestors used to do a lot, but we mostly suppressed these abilities to develop reason and science.
When you develop reason, there is again a way to return to this flowing mode of thought and making connections, but on an entirely different level, that is not emotionally or ideologically conditioned. It is this level that I work on. It's kind of awesome, yeah. People ask me a question and I start writing like a sage, connections flowing and if I make a mistake of logic, it nags at me automatically like a grammar corrector.

Some high quality western philosophers believe in the great and powerful subconscious or unconscious. I would correct them in the detail, that this is not subconsciousness, it's superconsciousness. It is something greater than the average daily guy. Yeah, it does feel like God sometimes, 8 out of 10 Christians would agree, even if it's not a bearded guy in robes.
Writing like that is a sacred, transcendent experience of communion with awesome ideas. Trippy feeling Tongue I somatize a lot, I suppose. One detail I'd point out, it works only as well as much knowledge I have. It uses whole sciences and worldviews as its vocabulary. And it took me years of meditation, reading and studying philosophy (logic, noetic) to get this effect going really well. I'm not a natural-born genius, but I think this is a way to develop a degree of geniality on one's own. I think this is a modest but genuine example of a mechanism of how a real genius works. There is a degree of eccentricity involved as well, so it's not without risks.
" Genius may show itself in early childhood, as a prodigy with particular gifts (e.g., understanding), or later in life. Geniuses are often deemed as such after demonstrating great originality. They tend to have strong intuitions about their domains, and they build on these insights with tremendous energy. There is a cited link between creativity of genius and genetic mutations linked to psychosis." Wiki Yeah, originality, strong intuitions, energy, psychosis. Sounds familiar? Tongue

Shit. It's like playing Scrabble, only with whole books instead of letter blocks.
[+] 2 users Like Luminon's post
27-04-2014, 05:59 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-04-2014, 09:15 AM
(27-04-2014 02:27 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Shit. It's like playing Scrabble, only with whole books instead of letter blocks.

Yes, like everything you post.

The technical term is "word salad".

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
27-04-2014, 09:51 AM
(24-04-2014 02:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No one needs to be outed.

It's irrelevant who contacted Seth about it. I hold no grudge against that person. He/she/it felt a genuine concern; enough so that they felt they needed to make someone aware of it.

I cannot fault anyone for voicing a concern.

The situation is what it is. We'll just wait to see what comes of this. Regardless of what happens, TTA will continue to function and be one of the best forums on the Internet because it is made of such great, varied, and unique people.

I don't give two fucks about what you belief in. To the best of my (limited) knowledge you have been a good admin, and your actions as an admin has in no way been affected by your religious beliefs.

If Seth (or whoever is running the show) has a problem with you, and can't see that you are quite capable of not letting one thing influence the other, I am truly disappointed. I thought this place offered more than this. If I wanted to be part of a forum where people of opposing thoughts and ideas were limited in voicing their thoughts I would go to a religious forum...

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.
[+] 2 users Like Jakel's post
27-04-2014, 11:22 AM
(27-04-2014 09:51 AM)Jakel Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 02:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No one needs to be outed.

It's irrelevant who contacted Seth about it. I hold no grudge against that person. He/she/it felt a genuine concern; enough so that they felt they needed to make someone aware of it.

I cannot fault anyone for voicing a concern.

The situation is what it is. We'll just wait to see what comes of this. Regardless of what happens, TTA will continue to function and be one of the best forums on the Internet because it is made of such great, varied, and unique people.

I don't give two fucks about what you belief in. To the best of my (limited) knowledge you have been a good admin, and your actions as an admin has in no way been affected by your religious beliefs.

If Seth (or whoever is running the show) has a problem with you, and can't see that you are quite capable of not letting one thing influence the other, I am truly disappointed. I thought this place offered more than this. If I wanted to be part of a forum where people of opposing thoughts and ideas were limited in voicing their thoughts I would go to a religious forum...

I actually want KC to write MORE crazy things! Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
27-04-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree. I like how he presents his views, and honestly? Whether I believe it or not, I think the place would be enriched by his dialog. If for not other reason than to hear his perspective, compare it to others' perspectives within Christianity, etc., etc. He's a very logical guy, a very kind guy., and even if I don't agree with his beliefs, I love watching his brilliant mind at work. His is a rather impressive intellect.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
27-04-2014, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 12:13 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
This is part of the reason I am here. I am endlessly curious about what others think and believe and why.

In most religious conversations I get into with people, the religious person thinks I'm attacking their beliefs. I actually am never. I'm only trying to get at how and why by asking the "if" and "but"questions. They are usually defensive and don't answer honestly because they are difficult questions, and usually give answers that are insulting to our intelligence because they think we are fooled, by their non answer, into believing they actually thought about the questions and answered, when they clearly have not.

In the case of Kingschosen, and his OP, he just openly stated it.

The extremely frustrating thing for me with most theist, is when they pretend like they are being honest and direct, thought it's blatantly obvious that they are not. Kingschosen was straight up and honest, and I appreciate that. I don't want him to censor himself.

I honestly would prefer him to have written this post, than to not have, and he should feel free to continue to. Proselytizing is not conversation, and I am against any Theist who comes here for that purpose. That is not what KC was doing here, nor has he ever done. I'm fine with him, and would honestly encourage him to continue writing honestly.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
27-04-2014, 12:08 PM
If more Christians were like KC, we wouldn't be having so many problems with religion. We still wouldn't agree with it, but we wouldn't be having so many issues with it.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
27-04-2014, 12:10 PM
If my ex was like KC, I wouldn't have gone through all that abuse.