All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(27-04-2014 07:24 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I have to wait until tomorrow to start the debate. We should try to get some kind of rules if we want to make any difference, which is basically the premise of my argument - atheists cannot make a difference because they do not have any rules of organization, and more specifically in this situation, rules for determining valid reasoning.

Basically, my argument will begin with the claim that atheists use the erroneous definitions of atheism, humanism, secularism, and religion; and it hinders their reasoning.

Project much, asshole?

Um just because YOU hinder your own reasoning and use erroneous, ignorant and equivocal definitions of these things doesn't mean everyone else does.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 10:25 AM
(28-04-2014 08:40 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 08:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I don't much argue with theists about religion.
Of course not. You're here to advance truth in fellowship with admirable atheists - how's that going for you? Learn anything that you were wrong about before, or are you trying to straighten out all the dummies?

I started thinking about all kinds of stuff I didn't think about before. I laughed at things I hadn't heard or seen before. I vented about things I would not mention elsewhere. I think membership here is going just fine for me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
28-04-2014, 10:27 AM
lol

This topic is awesome now.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
28-04-2014, 10:28 AM
(28-04-2014 10:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol

Trolling is the lifeblood of TTA

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
28-04-2014, 10:59 AM

I've come to the conclusion that TW is your sockpuppet who you pull out of your sock draw when you want to create a diversion.

Prove I'm wrong!

Angry

28-04-2014, 11:01 AM
(28-04-2014 10:28 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

Trolling is the lifeblood of TTA

[Image: look_at_my_fuckin_balls.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-04-2014, 11:05 AM
(28-04-2014 10:09 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Feel free to debate me any time in the appropriate thread, or challenge me in the boxing ring.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid556295

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
28-04-2014, 11:06 AM
(28-04-2014 10:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I've come to the conclusion that TW is your sockpuppet who you pull out of your sock draw when you want to create a diversion.

Prove I'm wrong!

Angry

[Image: tumblr_ljvv9iu7yr1qj0zk3o1_500.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
28-04-2014, 11:23 AM
(28-04-2014 05:55 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 12:06 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  This is part of the reason I am here. I am endlessly curious about what others think and believe and why.
Really???
Yes

(27-04-2014 12:06 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  In most religious conversations I get into with people, the religious person thinks I'm attacking their beliefs. I actually am never. I'm only trying to get at how and why by asking the "if" and "but"questions. They are usually defensive and don't answer honestly because they are difficult questions, and usually give answers that are insulting to our intelligence because they think we are fooled, by their non answer, into believing they actually thought about the questions and answered, when they clearly have not.
When do you tire of the run around and move on?
It's a case by case basis. How much of a run around are they giving, versus honest attempts to engage in a meaningful exchange. Sometimes when it appears they are being dishonest, they aren’t really. They believe they are being honest, but that’s because they don’t see that it’s not an honest position they hold. In some case continued conversation can bring that out, and they while be more honest in their approach. In other cases, it cannot. I don’t dismiss them out of hand because of what they say. If I determine they don’t have any intent at all of actually thinking deeper, but to simply maintain their position, once that is ascertained, it is time to move on from the conversation as nothing can come of it…except for some little “seeds” that may stick around, or may not.

(27-04-2014 12:06 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  In the case of Kingschosen, and his OP, he just openly stated it.
What - that he knows that atheists believe that he is delusional, and that he wants to continue arguing in the manner of believing that the god is speaking through him to argue about its existence instead of using him to solve more pressing problems in humanity?
KC was not arguing anything, so I will not reply to this in a way as to pretend he was. He just said something, did not make a argument, so I'm fine with that.

(27-04-2014 12:06 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  The extremely frustrating thing for me with most theist, is when they pretend like they are being honest and direct, thought it's blatantly obvious that they are not. Kingschosen was straight up and honest, and I appreciate that. I don't want him to censor himself.
Why are you pretending that you are interested - you know you are not going to consider any of his arguments about the existence of god to be valid???
I'm not pretending. I am interested. He made no arguments about the existence of "God". There for I don't have anything to say in reply to this, because it's not a thing that happened, and I'm not going to pretend he mad an argument that he did not make in order to respond to this.

(27-04-2014 12:06 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I honestly would prefer him to have written this post, than to not have, and he should feel free to continue to. Proselytizing is not conversation, and I am against any Theist who comes here for that purpose. That is not what KC was doing here, nor has he ever done. I'm fine with him, and would honestly encourage him to continue writing honestly.
Theists are only interested in arguing the existence of god, and that is the only reason theists are engaging you in conversation. There are other pressing problems for atheists to attend to instead of wasting time and energy arguing about the existence of gods. You know their arguments are flawed, and chances are atheists are compromising their sense of reason by engaging in the prolonged and convoluted debates.
Theist aren't only interested in arguing the existence of "God". So that's not true.

Also, I can do more than one thing at a time. I can have conversations with people about a great number of things. I can read books. I can mow my lawn. I can listen to music. I can make music. And I can do a whole lot more.

And a lot of these things I can do at the same exact time. Others, at other times. If human life were so narrow that one could only do one thing at any time, then one would really be unable to do anything. I can, and do do lots of things. Conversations with people are but a small fraction of the things I do.

28-04-2014, 11:37 AM
(28-04-2014 06:06 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  But the theist who thinks he is writing the word of god is an honest man, and deserves your attention, because you are confident that you will win the argument - right?

If not, explain when a theist has won an argument with you.
He is honest in that that is what he believes and he is honest about what he believes. I believe him to be wrong, but at least he in honest, dispite being wrong. Those who aren't honest about what they believe, wrong or right, are less worthy to engage in conversation with, because there is know way to know whether their expressed opinion is their actual opinion or not. I'd rather talk to someone who is wrong about an issue, but honest, and will have an honest exchange. There is more likely something that can be gain from that type of conversation.

As far as "confidence" that I will win an argument against him...I've not been aruging with him, nor has he with I. So that question doesn't really need addressing, as it is in error.

(28-04-2014 06:06 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:29 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  To be a little fair, more than half the time I'm writing in a hurry. I don't have time to look back at what I wrote, because I got to move on with life. I come back later and think, "Shit, that sounds incomprehensible, and nonsensical". In those cases I know what I meant, and I know it was a good thought. But what is left on the thread is not my thought or my intent. I don't always have time to put into this forum to really say what I wish. And I always take that into consideration with any post I read, instead of simply hammering on it. I would be an unthinking hypocrite if I did not. But I don't get that sense that that is what was happening with him here.
I noticed the mispellings and miswords - you are going to need to try harder if you want to graduate beyond arguing with theists about the existence of god.
I'm not arguing with theist about the existence of "god", nor am I trying to "graduate" to something "beyond" that. Another pointless statement you made.

(28-04-2014 06:06 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:29 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  It would be nice if we could all BBQ in a backyard, with a few beers, or whatever your poison may be, and actually have it on. But the nature of a forum diminish your words a bit.

The only reason I may give what he may say in the future a second thought, is that there are some who say he's okay...but at the same time, there are many who say he is not...which is my suspicion based on the two or three things he has already written here. I have little "faith" (based on evidence) that he has much more to offer than this.
These forums should be the ideal situation for sorting out reason, but atheists, like you, are focused on theism, and not the problems in atheism.
I'm not "focused on theism", so yet another pointless statement.

A don't have any problem with atheism. I lack belief in "god/s", so it's all cleared up for me. The only problem I could see in atheism, is if it also meant believing in "god/s", which it doesn't, so there seems to be no problem with it.