All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(22-04-2014 07:48 PM)netninja Wrote:  Funny how in this place the theist is the loonie. Where I live is full of loonies that don't accept their lunacy and by being the majority they feel normal and take the right to call the sane people crazy :/

Religion/Woo is one big asylum where the staff and patients assign the supernatural to their subconcious thoughts and self grandiosing ego's.
Atheism is the door marked EXIT down the hall of the agnostic wing.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like sporehux's post
22-04-2014, 08:15 PM
(22-04-2014 08:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  However, there are a lot of times that I'll read something and without thought or consideration I'll hit the "reply" button and start typing - having no idea what I'm saying.

I think you pretty much summed up how most people talk and write KC, off the cuff. The difference seems to be that I attribute this to my cognitive abilities and I take full responsibility for them and you don't.

Why you would want to attribute any of this to a celestial being is mind boggling to me. As much as I like you I have to tell you that part of you is not grounded in reality. If for one-second I believed a "ghost writer" (pun intended) was using me as a conduit I don't know if I'd first go see a psychologist or an exorcist.

Don't go looney tunes on me, you still owe me a beer.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Thinking one's words are a god's has a severe logical problem, let alone all the other problems of arrogation, narcissism and delusion that accompany such a belief. And that is this: people talk. People talk all the time, ceaselessly. It's what we do. And, surprise, surprise, much if not most of what gets spoken by all these people every moment of every day is contradictory. What Jane says flatly contradicts what James says.

Some god, wanting to get some "truth" communicated to the hordes of man, couldn't choose a worse way to do it than to pick some random person to speak it. How on earth would anyone hearing it know to heed it as "the word of a god"? It's impossible. The cacaphony of human voice would drown it instantly. It'd be the same as trying to purify a polluted lake by taking an eyedropper and dropping one drop of distilled water into it. Nobody'd even notice. The lake sure wouldn't notice it.

The next time you say something you imagine is your god's message, reflect a moment. Is what you're saying going to stand out? If not, if what you're about to say isn't Pulitzer or Nobel prize winning calibre, or has been said countless times before in exactly the same way, it's unlikely to be a god's message. A smart god's, that is. I can't say what a stupid god would do, and I will concede that the god (or gods) described in all the bibles of the world is one colossally stupid jackass. But I don't think you'd cotton to being the mouthpiece for a jackass.
[+] 7 users Like Airportkid's post
22-04-2014, 09:06 PM
[Image: 10241.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-04-2014, 09:26 PM
A friend once argued himself into a deist corner, by hypothesising that GOD exploded himself (big bang) so every sub atomic particle is "of God" some more so the others (and if you accept him or Jesus into your heart you will hear him.
Points for creativity, I guess.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-04-2014, 09:53 PM
A friend of mine had "God" speak to her and tell her the "rapture" and "end-times" was going to occur during Easter weekend, 2013.

In case you didn't quite catch that, let me accent it ......2013!!!

Moral of the story: It doesn't mean shit if someone says they believe "God" speaks to them.
23-04-2014, 01:47 AM
(22-04-2014 08:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Thinking one's words are a god's has a severe logical problem, let alone all the other problems of arrogation, narcissism and delusion that accompany such a belief. And that is this: people talk. People talk all the time, ceaselessly. It's what we do. And, surprise, surprise, much if not most of what gets spoken by all these people every moment of every day is contradictory. What Jane says flatly contradicts what James says.

Some god, wanting to get some "truth" communicated to the hordes of man, couldn't choose a worse way to do it than to pick some random person to speak it. How on earth would anyone hearing it know to heed it as "the word of a god"? It's impossible. The cacaphony of human voice would drown it instantly. It'd be the same as trying to purify a polluted lake by taking an eyedropper and dropping one drop of distilled water into it. Nobody'd even notice. The lake sure wouldn't notice it.
The next time you say something you imagine is your god's message, reflect a moment. Is what you're saying going to stand out? If not, if what you're about to say isn't Pulitzer or Nobel prize winning calibre, or has been said countless times before in exactly the same way, it's unlikely to be a god's message. A, smart god's, that is. I can't say what a stupid god would do, and I will concede that the god (or gods) described in all the bibles of the world is one colossally stupid jackass. But I don't think you'd cotton to being the mouthpiece for a jackass.
This is gold!
I used to give credit to god every time after a speach or presentation at church, everything always went smooth despite the fact I never prepared before talking. As a theist you tempt to do that because you think it is modest to give him credit, but you don't see how arrogant it can really sound. I like the way you talk mister Smile

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
23-04-2014, 02:26 AM
(22-04-2014 08:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But, I'm more inclined to believe that God is speaking through me telling me what to type.

Many Christians including pastors believe this - a lot of my friends will say stuff like "God is working through X person" or whatever.

A lot of God's work is image polishing though, you know, telling people that he's really not such a bad chap. Convincing people to believe in Him and be "saved" (from not believing in Him Rolleyes )... Convincing people that there really are very good reasons (my ways are higher than your ways) why lots of people killing each other, starving etc. is According To His Will and Righteous.

A real God worth something would a. not be such a dish-rag about people believing in him b. do some actual useful stuff and help people out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-04-2014, 03:51 AM
(22-04-2014 08:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But, I'm more inclined to believe that God is speaking through me telling me what to type.

Sounds dangerously like something Marky Mark said frequently.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Is this confession time, KC?

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles