All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(24-04-2014 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  You can post whatever you like, and we can reply whatever we think, and I see no harm done.

It has nothing to do with your qualifications for admin. And besides, we all already know your view on things. Who says we all have to agree on everything. We don't.

Yeah, I know. But, when my posts are being misconstrued as "proselytizing", I would prefer to not talk about my Christianity so there can be no confusion.

So yeah. No more theology or discussions on religion or Christianity from this guy.

There's a major difference between you and, say, HeyWood. We (or at least most of us) know you mean well, but you just gotta watch how you word things. I picked up on what other people are saying about "god speaking through me" as well, but I know you so I didn't think much of it. For someone else though, they might go full Taq on your ass.

You don't need to shut down and stop talking about your views. Some of us (including me) are interested to hear what you think on certain topics, or to just banter back and forth with for the hell of it. Personally, I would appreciate it if you kept talking about it, but I won't hold it against you either way.

Also, I'm not sure how the whole admin thing works here, but I'm sure people would have to prove that your proselytizing in order to get you kicked out, and they'd have a hard time at that.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Im_Ryan's post
24-04-2014, 10:47 AM
(24-04-2014 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
No more theology or discussions on religion or Christianity from this guy.

Damn! Just when you were beginning to convince me. Weeping

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-04-2014, 10:47 AM
(24-04-2014 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  You can post whatever you like, and we can reply whatever we think, and I see no harm done.

It has nothing to do with your qualifications for admin. And besides, we all already know your view on things. Who says we all have to agree on everything. We don't.

Yeah, I know. But, when my posts are being misconstrued as "proselytizing", I would prefer to not talk about my Christianity so there can be no confusion.

So yeah. No more theology or discussions on religion or Christianity from this guy.

You have never, ever proselytized. Not once. Not ever. Whoever thinks so has a reading comprehension issue.

But carry on and let the crazy out. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 13 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Your posts motivate me to research natural causes for the things you feel, and I always like things that make me re-think or think further. So, while I don't agree with them, I like them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-04-2014, 10:50 AM
(24-04-2014 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 10:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's kind of sad, I thought that you were interested in our feedback. Food for thought and all that.

I am. I'm incredibly interested and I love discussing it. But for other reasons, it would be best if I stopped it.

No, it would not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Who brought this up first? "proselytize"

I certainly didn't even imply that. When Marky Mark claimed that god was telling we what to type, all the way up to the multiple spacing, we all figured he was mentally unstable. Right?

So...I want to know how this is really different.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-04-2014, 11:10 AM
(24-04-2014 10:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Who brought this up first? "proselytize"

I certainly didn't even imply that. When Marky Mark claimed that god was telling we what to type, all the way up to the multiple spacing, we all figured he was mentally unstable. Right?

Well Mark also claimed to be the angel of death with the power to kill people and said he had a magic thigh muscle (or something like that) and his sentence structure and layout were akin to a five year old.

I think all that counted against him as well.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
24-04-2014, 11:11 AM
(24-04-2014 11:10 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 10:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Who brought this up first? "proselytize"

Well Mark also claimed to be the angel death with the power to kill people and said he had a magic thigh muscle (or something like that) and his sentence structure and layout were akin to a five year old.

I think all that counted against him as well.

But god told him how when to hit the return, therefore, the odd spacing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-04-2014, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 11:40 AM by LadyJane.)
Bottom line: History has proven evident that KC and aurora are good Admins, we've had a pretty good streak, no? The minute this wasn't the case, I'm sure there'd be all kinds of squabbles and demand for a change... haven't seen that.

Also, it's great having KC as 'our theist' to bounce stuff off of, debate with, converse with and joke with. Sucks that should all stop (unless of course, God's will- maybe that's what KC is feeling He(God) needs, is for him(KC) to stop, ha ha).

I can see why people would have a problem with a 'god speaks through me' theist helping to make the big decisions because of feelings. But feelings, as us good skeptics should know, aren't always rational.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
24-04-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 11:18 AM by Hughsie.)
(24-04-2014 11:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  But god told him how when to hit the return, therefore, the odd spacing.

Maybe God shoulda paid more attention in his English classes then, I think his understanding of grammar is a little lacking. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post