All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 02:12 PM
RE: All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire.
(22-04-2014 07:48 PM)netninja Wrote:  Funny how in this place the theist is the loonie.
Nah, theists are loony everywhere. Wink

(24-04-2014 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I actually prefer to not talk about my Christianity anymore.

I don't see why. It is a loaded issue to be sure and, such issues may need to be processed for one's own self. If you sincerely feel a need to refrain from such discussion - to mull things over in your own mind - it's understandable. But to refrain from furthering a potential understanding... because of potential conflict? Kingsy, know that you have just as much right to process your thoughts here, as anyone.

The more you articulate it, the less of an issue it will be - not just for others - for you. It's not just a matter of others needing to "grow up"... you have reason to acknowledge your own growth and understanding. "What belief means" may not always turn out to be "what belief comes to mean" - I think this has become very apparent to you. It took you a while to get it. Had you not been here to express and process your information, do you think you would have come to realize this?

Coming to grips with "belief" is the very reason that many people are here on this forum.

(24-04-2014 11:43 AM)nach_in Wrote:  You deserve to have a voice here and we deserve the chance to make fun of your silly beliefs...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Wink

Let the air out of the ego a bit, Christee; we're all in the same boat. Drinking Beverage

Notice the capitalization; respect.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
24-04-2014, 02:16 PM
(24-04-2014 12:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Asking questions and voicing opinions appears to now be a sign of being whiny and immature.

So much for honest give and take on this forum.

And for those who may think so - I did not contact Seth. I also do not know who did.

In the interest of honesty. I now know who contacted Seth. At least I know of one person who did, if there are others I am not privy to that information.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-04-2014, 02:35 PM
(24-04-2014 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 12:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Asking questions and voicing opinions appears to now be a sign of being whiny and immature.

So much for honest give and take on this forum.

And for those who may think so - I did not contact Seth. I also do not know who did.

In the interest of honesty. I now know who contacted Seth. At least I know of one person who did, if there are others I am not privy to that information.

Well, out the person Anj...... or will they be stand up enough to admit it themselves?

Seems like a childish act to contact Seth about KC.

I guess some people never lose their religious upbringing .... Damn, I hate a snitch. Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
24-04-2014, 02:37 PM
This thread's gettin' good.
[Image: eating-cookie.gif]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-04-2014, 02:40 PM
(24-04-2014 02:35 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In the interest of honesty. I now know who contacted Seth. At least I know of one person who did, if there are others I am not privy to that information.

Well, out the person Anj...... or will they be stand up enough to admit it themselves?

Seems like a childish act to contact Seth about KC.

I guess some people never lose their religious upbringing .... Damn, I hate a snitch. Angry

If the person had felt comfortable reaching out to someone on the team, they would have. I will not breach someone's trust in order to throw them out into the lynch mob.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-04-2014, 02:41 PM
No one needs to be outed.

It's irrelevant who contacted Seth about it. I hold no grudge against that person. He/she/it felt a genuine concern; enough so that they felt they needed to make someone aware of it.

I cannot fault anyone for voicing a concern.

The situation is what it is. We'll just wait to see what comes of this. Regardless of what happens, TTA will continue to function and be one of the best forums on the Internet because it is made of such great, varied, and unique people.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey, why is this thread in the conspiracy theories forum...
... aside from the fact that religion itself is a conspiracy to control the masses? Dodgy

24-04-2014, 02:47 PM
(24-04-2014 11:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  KC, you are the only theist I can talk to without geting all defensive and angry. There isn't any other theist in my little world that I feel comfortable enough to exchange religious ideas with and be chilled about it. You add spice to the mix.

And here we have a reason for having KC as our token nice guy theist.

Think of TTA as a support group for new atheists. They have three needs:

1) To be able to speak to fellow atheists, have a good rant and be able to openly express themselves.

2) Learn techniques and arguments for dealing with religious zealots and have a chance to put that into practise in a safe environment. These theists are like wounded animals mother cats bring back for the litter to practise hunting.

3) Learn that many theists are actually nice people and you can't tar everyone with the same brush. The added advantage is that KC is our token nice guy theist that we can trot out when the zealots try to deflect our criticisms of them as people.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-04-2014, 02:49 PM
(24-04-2014 02:45 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey, why is this thread in the conspiracy theories forum...
... aside from the fact that religion itself is a conspiracy to control the masses? Dodgy

Because I didn't want people to think that I was trying to preach at them and such... in an atheistic environment, claiming that God speaks through you in situations is considered skepticism and pseudoscience; therefore, I placed this topic in the appropriate forum considering the audience.

The situation is certainly ironic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-04-2014, 02:52 PM
(24-04-2014 08:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah, it seems I genuinely upset some people with this off-the-cuff post as well as some people being concerned with me being the admin again.

We'll see where this goes.

I don't care that you're an admin or not. You're cool by me.

I just want you to ask "God" if this baby has sinned and/or is full of sin?

[Image: babyboy.jpg]