All right, Heat... that is enough.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: All right, Heat... that is enough.
(11-08-2015 08:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 08:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You don't have to go that far. I once lived in Mildura where 47-48 degrees was commonplace. 47C = 116.6F. And that is in Victoria, the most southern mainland state.

I know; I live in SA, 47 in the summer is day-to-day business.

I was tempted to write "- Central & Southern", but I refrained because I thought it might confuse the foreigners, so I just went with one; you know how they are.

I know right? They always believe me when I say we don't keep roos as pets because they always jump the fence!! Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2015, 08:34 AM
The heat here has been awful. Like really awful. Cooking fish in the river kind of awful. This is Oregon ffs. We are supposed to rain! We haven't had any real rain for ages.
12-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm in Pennsylvania and I have an air conditioner.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
12-08-2015, 10:36 AM
(12-08-2015 08:34 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The heat here has been awful. Like really awful. Cooking fish in the river kind of awful. This is Oregon ffs. We are supposed to rain! We haven't had any real rain for ages.

I lived in California's Central Valley, near Fresno, with temp that hover around 100 most of the summer and spike up to 110. I remember one summer in Fresno it was over 100 for 28 consecutive days and in one of those days it hit 116. When they calculated in the city heat it was closer to 120. I fried an egg on the road that day.

After living in the San Joaquin Central Valley, Oregon's summers are a piece of cake. These are some of the nicest summers imaginable to me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-08-2015, 11:11 AM
(12-08-2015 10:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 08:34 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The heat here has been awful. Like really awful. Cooking fish in the river kind of awful. This is Oregon ffs. We are supposed to rain! We haven't had any real rain for ages.

I lived in California's Central Valley, near Fresno, with temp that hover around 100 most of the summer and spike up to 110. I remember one summer in Fresno it was over 100 for 28 consecutive days and in one of those days it hit 116. When they calculated in the city heat it was closer to 120. I fried an egg on the road that day.

After living in the San Joaquin Central Valley, Oregon's summers are a piece of cake. These are some of the nicest summers imaginable to me.

We are having a huge heat wave here thiugh. Been sitting between 95 and 105 for a large part of the summer. Not normal for here.

So while it may not be that hot for other places. It's really bad for here.
12-08-2015, 11:34 AM
I've always had a preference for cold, but it doesn't seem too bad this summer. Or maybe I just adapted a bit while I was living in Vegas. Or maybe it's just that I'm living in Canada now, and I'm judging the weather based on that comparison.

Even so, winter can't come soon enough. My son will be four by winter, which I think will be old enough that he'll get a kick out of getting the ice brick mold and making a snow fort. As much as I enjoy cruising around on the lake, summer gets old after a while. There's so much more to do when it's cold.

'Murican Canadian
12-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(12-08-2015 11:11 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 10:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I lived in California's Central Valley, near Fresno, with temp that hover around 100 most of the summer and spike up to 110. I remember one summer in Fresno it was over 100 for 28 consecutive days and in one of those days it hit 116. When they calculated in the city heat it was closer to 120. I fried an egg on the road that day.

We are having a huge heat wave here thiugh. Been sitting between 95 and 105 for a large part of the summer. Not normal for here.

So while it may not be that hot for other places. It's really bad for here.

I hope you have some sort of air conditioning. Baby Hobbits get so cranky in heat.... what with those hairy feet. Tongue Night's without air conditioning are especially bad. No one can get any sleep and everyone's a grouch until it cools off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Spotted down the street from KC's house. Big Grin

[Image: FB_IMG_1439420304626_zpslbwvb3z3.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
13-08-2015, 06:38 AM
(12-08-2015 05:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  Spotted down the street from KC's house. Big Grin

[Image: FB_IMG_1439420304626_zpslbwvb3z3.jpg]

Stealing this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-08-2015, 10:13 AM
According to NASA's GISTEMP surface temperature data set 2014 set an all time record for annual global surface temperature at 0.745 degrees Celsius above the 1951 through 1980 average. The first six months of 2015 have been even warmer than the same period in 2014 by a tenth of a degree.

1998, the year many climate change deniers claim as the year warming ceased is now just the 8th (soon to be 9th by the looks of things) warmest year on record.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]