All right, I admit it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2013, 07:05 AM
All right, I admit it...
Christian mythology has inspired some of the coolest artwork and characters. I really like the imagery. Demons, angels, and even notable figures from the bible, such as Goliath, Sampson, and even Jesus (in the Muslim version of Armageddon, Jesus is some kind of sword wielding warrior).I don't think I am alone in this, surely there must be other atheist who love the artwork and character renditions of Christian mythology.

I'd personally rank it somewhere between Egyptian mythology and Greek

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DeathsNotoriousAngel's post
24-02-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: All right, I admit it...
I'm not into the art. I love the Architecture of many old churches.
The stone work is often so beautiful. And they make for a very good photograph.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 03:58 PM
The Abbey in Bath is awesome.
24-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:Demons, angel... Goliath, Sampson, and even Jesus... Armageddon...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_X8IcsiOc-bSO3SvwoX7...fqKkA3kI6w]
[Image: Warren_Worthington_III_(Earth-616).gif]
[Image: goliath.jpg]
[Image: Leonard_Samson_(Earth-80920)_0001.png]
[Image: family-guy-jesus.jpg]
[Image: DC%20Comics-Armageddon%202001-1-2.jpg]

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-02-2013, 11:25 PM
When I went to Arizona, I went to this old cathedral that's being restored and it was a really beautiful place. The natives (you know, the descendents of the tribes that the Spaniards forced to convert to Christianity) are making money on stuff they make, so it's a nice place to be. I really like certain elements that religion has birthed; the people that are religious is what I can't stand.
25-02-2013, 02:55 AM
(24-02-2013 07:05 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  Christian mythology has inspired some of the coolest artwork and characters. I really like the imagery. Demons, angels, and even notable figures from the bible, such as Goliath, Sampson, and even Jesus (in the Muslim version of Armageddon, Jesus is some kind of sword wielding warrior).I don't think I am alone in this, surely there must be other atheist who love the artwork and character renditions of Christian mythology.

I'd personally rank it somewhere between Egyptian mythology and Greek

I'm not into the artistic depictions like paintings and sculptures and such things. However, I find the fantastical aspects of the mythology itself to be very intriguing. I like the concept of a dark angel called Lucifer and the epic battle of good and evil which takes place in a realm beyond what we can imagine.

It's the same reason people like fantasy films with dragons and elves. It's fun. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
25-02-2013, 03:28 AM
There's no reason why religion can't be artistically inspiring. The same way Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings can be artistically inspiring. There's no shame in admitting a fiction has acted as a muse.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
25-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Throughout history most churches have tried many tricks to convince, impress, and make money from people. They’ve
employed the world’s best architects, artists and composers to create the impression of the church’s grandeur with overpowering edifices, music that can move one to tears, and stupendous sculptures and paintings. These things may be
magnificent, yet they add nothing to the veracity of the Bible, or to validate God’s existence. Some of the world’s most fraudulent fiends own impressive palaces and the most awesome art collections. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNbecu1V6I)