All the pissing and whining about the election -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 07:06 AM
All the pissing and whining about the election -
I've been experiencing a strong sense of deja vu.....

I suddenly realized what's causing it..

All the protests - all the pissing and whining about "stolen elections" all the vitriol - and the proclamations of "He's not MY president" --- "He's not fit to be President"..

I realized I've heard it all before......

When President Obama got elected -(who I voted for) -- the ( R ) camp was making the same sort of noise......

And you think you're SOOOO much better than them??????

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

Piss and moan -- you're just the flip side of the same coin........

Two Party Politics.................

Sadcryface2

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-11-2016, 07:12 AM
RE: All the pissing and whining about the election -
Hypocrisy is okay when I do it. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
11-11-2016, 07:13 AM
You can add 2000 to that list.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Wow, pretending that Obama is like Trump? That's delusional...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-11-2016, 07:18 AM
(11-11-2016 07:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wow, pretending that Obama is like Trump? That's delusional...

We're not talking about Obama or Trump....

We're talking about sore losers who think they've had something "stolen" from them.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Just wait till he breaks all those promises he made - his own supporters will be out protesting- Tongue

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
11-11-2016, 07:23 AM
(11-11-2016 07:18 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Just wait till he breaks all those promises he made - his own supporters will be out protesting- Tongue

But the two partisan sides - even though they have the same complaint -- will still vilify each other......

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-11-2016, 07:24 AM
(11-11-2016 07:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We're not talking about Obama or Trump....

We're talking about sore losers who think they've had something "stolen" from them.

Doesn't this suggest that democracy is a sham no matter who gets in?

Like how it's all down to how much can be spent on the campaign and how the media are given back room deals to only give you the information needed to form the opinions desired of you?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-11-2016, 07:26 AM
(11-11-2016 07:24 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We're not talking about Obama or Trump....

Doesn't this suggest that democracy is a sham no matter who gets in?

Like how it's all down to how much can be spent on the campaign and how the media are given back room deals to only give you the information needed to form the opinions desired of you?

Back in the day -- the Soviets got to vote for President -- "yes" or "No"....

Two party politics is only one better than that....

It's not really democracy when only one of two people can win an election -- and the rules are slanted to ensure that......

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-11-2016, 07:42 AM
(11-11-2016 07:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Piss and moan -- you're just the flip side of the same coin........

Possibly. As a matter of fact I thought the same thing when I heard the "not my president" quotes. However there are some differences between the last couple of elections and this one.

The last two elections were essentially "politics as usual". They were noteworthy for the power shift from Right to Left and for Obama's race. While historically interesting, they were not particularly earthshaking.

This election was different. There was dissatisfaction with all the candidates on both sides. Many voters felt that there was no real choice and more so than in past elections.

The biggest factor, IMO, was the negativity of the Trump campaign.

The man was elected on a platform of racism, xenophobia, intolerance, anti-science, and misogyny. He has pledged to violate the constitution, treaties with allies, the environment, civil rights and the financial arena. His plan for the first 100 days alone is deeply troubling.

My point is that rhetoric aside, this president has pledged to take our country on a path that has already been proven to be disastrous.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 16 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post