All the pissing and whining about the election -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: All the pissing and whining about the election -
(11-11-2016 12:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Sorry, but I gotta pull out my soap box again. Dodgy

It isn't funny at all, nor is it even meant to be. People walking awkwardly and with difficulty because of a disability is sad. When someone like Trump mimics (and that's polite; he was really mocking) the person, it's just a reminder of how sad it is. The only people who actually find that "funny" are the people who are laughing AT the people with disabilities. It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to be mean; to put them down as "lesser" human beings. I've seen it up close because I spent about 4 years working directly with people that have development and other disabilities. It's ugly and the targets of the ugliness know it. They see it everywhere they go. They can't even go into a local store without almost everyone looking at them apprehensively or pitifully or unwilling to look at them at all. Thicker skin my ass. You try dealing with that every day of your life.

Uh..... I DO deal with it every day of my life..... Ever since I got run over by a truck.......

I was making jokes while the EMT's were trying to keep me from bleeding out....

Fucked if I'm going to change just because somebody's got thin skin...

(One female EMT kept saying "Squeeze my hand" -- while they were trying to staunch the bleeding..... I quipped "Why?? Are you lonely???"

All four EMT's stopped and started busting up.....)

Life's too short to be a humorless twit...

You're allowed to make fun of your own disability. It's crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed when you make fun of someone else's.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-11-2016, 01:03 PM
(11-11-2016 12:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 10:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Try not to lose heart friend, yes things are shit and uncertain but all is not lost just yet hang in there bro, like they say its not over till the fat lady sings. Smile

This will probably do nothing but I signed it anyway. It's a petition for the Electoral College to vote for Clinton if they choose. They legally can vote for her with a small fine.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19

You realize Trump is the one who started that petition right? There's a man going round taking names ...

#sigh
11-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(11-11-2016 12:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Uh..... I DO deal with it every day of my life..... Ever since I got run over by a truck.......

(One female EMT kept saying "Squeeze my hand" -- while they were trying to staunch the bleeding..... I quipped "Why?? Are you lonely???"

What does joking with EMT's about your own injuries have to do with mocking someone else's disability? And when you say you deal with "it", what are referring to? Because I wasn't talking about dealing with having a disability.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-11-2016, 01:26 PM
(11-11-2016 10:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Try not to lose heart friend, yes things are shit and uncertain but all is not lost just yet hang in there bro, like they say its not over till the fat lady sings. Smile

This will probably do nothing but I signed it anyway. It's a petition for the Electoral College to vote for Clinton if they choose. They legally can vote for her with a small fine.

Not all of them. A number of states have laws against doing that. Their electors can only legally vote for the candidate chosen by popular vote.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 01:29 PM

You know this will be off topic, but I never got the point of online petitions. They work so little you would think everyone would have stopped by now.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2016, 01:30 PM
(11-11-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This will probably do nothing but I signed it anyway. It's a petition for the Electoral College to vote for Clinton if they choose. They legally can vote for her with a small fine.

You realize Trump is the one who started that petition right? There's a man going round taking names ...

Paranoia runs deep,
into your life it will creep.
It starts when you're always afraid.
Step out of line, the men come
and take you away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 01:36 PM
There's a decent chance at least half the stuff Trump said, he just did to pander to the racists that voted for him. While sad, I doubt he follows through on a good chunk of it.

Where he should scare free-thinking people is his anti-science stances (vaccines, climate change, etc.). And having Mike Pence as his VP should scare the hell out of everyone.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
11-11-2016, 01:38 PM
(11-11-2016 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You realize Trump is the one who started that petition right? There's a man going round taking names ...

Paranoia runs deep,
into your life it will creep.
It starts when you're always afraid.
Step out of line, the men come
and take you away.

Yah but if you only knew what psikyhackr and I know about the Jews.

#sigh
11-11-2016, 01:38 PM
(11-11-2016 12:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Sorry, but I gotta pull out my soap box again. Dodgy

It isn't funny at all, nor is it even meant to be. People walking awkwardly and with difficulty because of a disability is sad. When someone like Trump mimics (and that's polite; he was really mocking) the person, it's just a reminder of how sad it is. The only people who actually find that "funny" are the people who are laughing AT the people with disabilities. It's not meant to be funny, it's meant to be mean; to put them down as "lesser" human beings. I've seen it up close because I spent about 4 years working directly with people that have development and other disabilities. It's ugly and the targets of the ugliness know it. They see it everywhere they go. They can't even go into a local store without almost everyone looking at them apprehensively or pitifully or unwilling to look at them at all. Thicker skin my ass. You try dealing with that every day of your life.

Uh..... I DO deal with it every day of my life..... Ever since I got run over by a truck.......

You are making a false equivalency. Making a joke at your own expense and having others laugh along is not at all the same as ridiculing someone for being born a certain way--which is what Trump has done habitually. The kids who called my 10-year-old autistic son a freak thought they were being hilarious; my son felt that they were telling the only truth that mattered about him and tried to kill himself as a result.

Yeah, that was a really, really fucking funny day. I laughed and laughed, all the way to the Emergency Room. Oh, wait, nope, I didn't.

You have your own emotional makeup and responses, and it's great that they've been helpful to you in stressful situations. Humor isn't the sole allowable coping mechanism. Other people may respond differently--that's not a sign of those people being weak (or, in your terminology, "humorless twits").

As he's gotten older my son has been able to laugh at some of the ways autism trips him up--and that's great. But he knows, and so do you, OB, that somebody who's pointing and laughing at him and calling him names isn't trying to make everybody's day a little bit easier, the way you were doing with the EMTs. My son's also been around long enough to know that "can't you take a joke?" and "you need to grow a thicker skin" are lines often used to protect bullies and their behavior.
[+] 10 users Like julep's post
11-11-2016, 01:54 PM
(11-11-2016 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This will probably do nothing but I signed it anyway. It's a petition for the Electoral College to vote for Clinton if they choose. They legally can vote for her with a small fine.

Not all of them. A number of states have laws against doing that. Their electors can only legally vote for the candidate chosen by popular vote.

Yes, I know that but other states aren't bound to the electoral vote, at least that's what I understand. It's a shot in the dark but I signed it anyway.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.