All the pissing and whining about the election -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: All the pissing and whining about the election -
(11-11-2016 01:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not all of them. A number of states have laws against doing that. Their electors can only legally vote for the candidate chosen by popular vote.

Yes, I know that but other states aren't bound to the electoral vote, at least that's what I understand. It's a shot in the dark but I signed it anyway.

So did I.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2016, 02:46 PM
(11-11-2016 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 01:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes, I know that but other states aren't bound to the electoral vote, at least that's what I understand. It's a shot in the dark but I signed it anyway.

So did I.

So did I, but I'm having second thoughts. For one thing, the system worked the way it's designed to work. To try to go outside the box like this to change the result is cheating in a way. If we don't like the results of this system, we should change the system, not cheat it. Secondly, I assume the identities of the electors are a matter of public record. Suppose some state's slate of electors (or even just a few of those electors) did decide to respond to this petition and go against the mandate of their state. How do you think Trump's basket of deplorables would react to that? Are we going to put the defecting electors in a witness protection program?
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 02:59 PM
(11-11-2016 12:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't care who makes jokes about anything....

If it's funny, it's funny....

People need to get some thicker skin.....

You DO understand you are speaking about the President of the UnUnited states?

His behavior is a reflection of your people at large; childish, xenophobic, racist, hateful, spiteful, compassionless, ignorant etc etc etc.

This guy is to represent the great United States???

On the world stage???

As for disabilities. Make fun of my now dead disabled sister motherfucker! Her name was Roxanne. She lived a very painful life before dying, age 15. You think that is funny?

I have always liked you. However, you seem to be extremely ignorant of the consequences of events in history. Your country is in massive debt because of W and his stupid wars. Trump, my dear fellow, is far more dangerous. W was an idiot. Trump is a demagogue.

This is serious mate. The world understands. Why not you?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 9 users Like Banjo's post
11-11-2016, 03:03 PM
(11-11-2016 12:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  . Much like you gotta be black to use "nigger" inoffensively (unless you're earmuffs). Fortunately for the two of us we suffer from a variety of disabilities.

I wouldn't say that. You would be surprised how many hispanics, asians, and even whites get away with it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2016, 03:11 PM
(11-11-2016 03:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  . Much like you gotta be black to use "nigger" inoffensively (unless you're earmuffs). Fortunately for the two of us we suffer from a variety of disabilities.

I wouldn't say that. You would be surprised how many hispanics, asians, and even whites get away with it.

Just because a non-black person "gets away with it" doesn't mean it wasn't offensive to the intended target, or to a bystander.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
11-11-2016, 03:14 PM
(11-11-2016 03:11 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 03:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I wouldn't say that. You would be surprised how many hispanics, asians, and even whites get away with it.

Just because a non-black person "gets away with it" doesn't mean it wasn't offensive to the intended target, or to a bystander.

It wasn't. I am not talking about in general, just the instances that I heard them use it. It has a lot to do with context that is for sure, and where I come from nigger can mean close friend or dumb motherfucker.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2016, 03:17 PM
(11-11-2016 09:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 09:18 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  No, we're talking about this sick fuck of a man who now is the leader of the "free?" world who mocks disabilities:

[Image: oT41FYI.gif]

If Obama had done something like that he would never have become president in a million years. But, hey! it's ok for republicans if trump does it.

What's wrong with mocking people with disabilities????

I do it all the time.....

Myself included......

After all -- my SO only stays with me for the good parking spots.....

Tongue

Self depreciation is one thing, but kids at my son's school made fun of him, calling him a retard. He's not, but he's special needs. He has autism.

He said he didn't know what to say. He walked away. But he felt hurt -- funny that the kid with empathy issues has more empathy than the neuro-typical (or normal) kids is amazing to me.

Even when I was in school, picking on the special ed kids just wasn't cool.

Picking on disabled people shows a lack of empathy, plain and simple.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-11-2016, 03:41 PM
[Image: EpGk77P_VKab2rCI535Tj9fsoYnXY16wmnw0Ba5I...57f3a9142f]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-11-2016, 03:57 PM
(11-11-2016 02:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't care who makes jokes about anything....

If it's funny, it's funny....

People need to get some thicker skin.....

You DO understand you are speaking about the President of the UnUnited states?

His behavior is a reflection of your people at large; childish, xenophobic, racist, hateful, spiteful, compassionless, ignorant etc etc etc.

This guy is to represent the great United States???

On the world stage???

As for disabilities. Make fun of my now dead disabled sister motherfucker! Her name was Roxanne. She lived a very painful life before dying, age 15. You think that is funny?

I have always liked you. However, you seem to be extremely ignorant of the consequences of events in history. Your country is in massive debt because of W and his stupid wars. Trump, my dear fellow, is far more dangerous. W was an idiot. Trump is a demagogue.

This is serious mate. The world understands. Why not you?

Dude -- seriously???

Trump is an equal opportunity douchebag......

I'm not about to get offended because he made fun of a gimp....

I just consider the source....

And seriously --- you know nothing about Trump -=-- nor do I or anyone else here.....

He's just a character we've seen on TV.....

He might as well be Barry Kripke........ (Big Bang reference)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-11-2016, 07:48 PM
(11-11-2016 01:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This will probably do nothing but I signed it anyway. It's a petition for the Electoral College to vote for Clinton if they choose. They legally can vote for her with a small fine.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19

You know this will be off topic, but I never got the point of online petitions. They work so little you would think everyone would have stopped by now.

You know not of what you speak my young friend. I used one to help change a local law. In my case it has worked 100% of the time.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce