All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: All things coffee
I just found a use for crappy instant coffee. Rub it on steak and pan sear, then deglaze the pan. Spoon it over the meat, add a little horseradish. Sprinkle with a little cilantro.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-07-2013, 03:44 PM
(30-07-2013 03:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just found a use for crappy instant coffee. Rub it on steak and pan sear, then deglaze the pan. Spoon it over the meat, add a little horseradish. Sprinkle with a little cilantro.

Hey MomS replace the cheap coffee powder with powdered Espresso and it's even better.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-07-2013, 03:46 PM
(30-07-2013 03:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 03:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just found a use for crappy instant coffee. Rub it on steak and pan sear, then deglaze the pan. Spoon it over the meat, add a little horseradish. Sprinkle with a little cilantro.

Hey MomS replace the cheap coffee powder with powdered Espresso and it's even better.
Oooh yum.

I found a jar from when my mil stayed at our house (to take care of the dog and bird). Normally I wouldn't bother with it....

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I am a coffee addict. I like it sweet with plenty of cream or milk. My drink of choice is a iced upside-down caramel machiato. I make my own at home since I have an espresso machine. I use Sander's classic caramel (absolute best).

I only use instant coffee when making cheap iced coffee with powdered cream (trust me, I make it good with powdered cream).

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I like my coffee big and black.

05-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I adore hazelnut coffee with cream and sugar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 09:40 PM
(05-08-2013 08:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like my coffee big and black.

This is going in the Out of context thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-08-2013, 11:06 PM
(05-08-2013 09:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 08:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like my coffee big and black.

This is going in the Out of context thread.

Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I like my coffee thickly brewed, strong and black with lots cream (not that nasty powder stuff either) and sugar. I don't about anyone else but fresh brewed coffee is one of most seductive scents I've ever come across.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm about to drink it, because I feel emotionally horrible. I think I'll take a couple of table spoons and boil it again. I haven't had it that way in a good while.