All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: All things coffee
Type? Roast? Origin? C'mon now, give some details.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 05:21 PM
(30-10-2012 05:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Type? Roast? Origin? C'mon now, give some details.

O Organics™ Peruvian Blend Medium Roast. Freshly and fine ground, brewed at home. I add 1.5 extra scoops to the filter. Big Grin Safeway carries it.
30-10-2012, 06:28 PM
(30-10-2012 03:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Had THEE BEST Coffee today. Mmmm.

On what grounds do you make that claim?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
30-10-2012, 11:36 PM
(30-10-2012 06:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 03:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Had THEE BEST Coffee today. Mmmm.

On what grounds do you make that claim?Consider

Careful Chas, your questions may get you into hot water Angel
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I had another super good cup of coffee this AM. I don't differentiate how I make my coffee from day-to-day, but some days are better than others. Why is this? Can I blame the company providing the bean for differences in how it's cultivated, could it vary that much on potency when it's always labeled the same?
10-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I guess I'm a coffee snob. I love Peets and a few others. I only do whole bean and grind it myself...I make coffee using a press. I don't really do the fru-fru stuff. I'll occasionally wander into a starbucks (out of shear desperation) and they always look at me like I'm from mars because I don't want the fancy stuff...

No cream, no sugar...just coffee please. Once they joked that they didn't know how to do that and had to ask if it was ok (it was a slow day). At least I hope it was a joke. Wink

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

10-01-2013, 12:37 PM
(10-01-2013 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess I'm a coffee snob. I love Peets and a few others. I only do whole bean and grind it myself...I make coffee using a press. I don't really do the fru-fru stuff. I'll occasionally wander into a starbucks (out of shear desperation) and they always look at me like I'm from mars because I don't want the fancy stuff...

No cream, no sugar...just coffee please. Once they joked that they didn't know how to do that and had to ask if it was ok (it was a slow day). At least I hope it was a joke. Wink
If it's not too busy, they will make a French press for you at the regular cuppa joe price. Really. Yes

I found this out a few months ago when the only dark roast 'on tap' was one I didn't care for. I casually mentioned that and the barista told me that the (unadvertised) policy was to make a cup of whatever variety the customer wanted. I've done it a couple of times since.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 01:14 PM
(10-01-2013 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 12:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess I'm a coffee snob. I love Peets and a few others. I only do whole bean and grind it myself...I make coffee using a press. I don't really do the fru-fru stuff. I'll occasionally wander into a starbucks (out of shear desperation) and they always look at me like I'm from mars because I don't want the fancy stuff...

If it's not too busy, they will make a French press for you at the regular cuppa joe price. Really. Yes

I found this out a few months ago when the only dark roast 'on tap' was one I didn't care for. I casually mentioned that and the barista told me that the (unadvertised) policy was to make a cup of whatever variety the customer wanted. I've done it a couple of times since.

Oh dear, I didn't know that! Honestly never thought to ask either -- then again it's usually busy whenever I've gone (such as before a meeting or something in the morning and no time for coffee. Thanks for info!

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

10-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Café Bustelo and nothing else for me. Never heard of it until I married a Puerto Rican. Now I can't start my day without it!

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
11-01-2013, 12:11 AM
(10-01-2013 02:30 PM)thewellkeptwoman Wrote:  Never heard of it until I married a Puerto Rican.
Seems like you're going to great lengths to secure your coffee supply Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post