All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 10:57 AM
All things coffee
So we can avoid derailing other food threads, I thought I'd start a separate one for the glorious goodness that is coffee. All praise coffee.

Are you a connoisseur? An addict? A purist? A cream and sugar lover? Cappuccino? Espresso? Starbucks or Tim Hortons?

Aaaaaand........go!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: All things coffee
Can I derail this one? Tongue

I don't drink much coffee... I'm more of a tea connoisseur.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
21-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Peet's Sulawesi-Kalosi.

Discussion over. Drinking Beverage

[Image: sku_SLW_l.jpg]

http://www.peets.com/shop/coffee_detail.asp?id=41

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-08-2012, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 11:08 AM by Chas.)
(21-08-2012 10:59 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Can I derail this one? Tongue

I don't drink much coffee... I'm more of a tea connoisseur.

Fuck off with your limp-wristed tea drinking!Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:08 AM
I love coffee.
I've had coffees from all over the world, and all range of roasts. I prefer dark-roasted, rich coffees.
Espresso, Italian, and French roasts are all good.
My daily grind is Starbucks's Cafe Verona (which they inherited when they bought out The Coffee Connection).

Peet's has some excellent roasts, as do many niche or small roasters.

Tim's dark roast will do when on the road, though I wouldn't choose it over Starbucks.

Don't even mention D****n' D****s. It's a toss-up which is worse, their coffee or their doughnuts.Censored

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Coffee for me was a learn to love kind of deal.

Once upon a time ago I hated the stuff, and had a very hard time swallowing it. Then I started working very early shifts doing very mundane mind numbing shit and found that the only thing that would make me get through the first two hours was a cup of joe and a smoke.

I started trying different kinds to see what I liked the most. I don't like real coffee, it's too rich, makes me gag, though it is the only kind that seems to have any waking effect on me. This means I typically stay away from true coffee houses (not just because of the coffee or prices but also in due part to the clientele) And I also avoid Starbucks, because it has the coffee house taste, prices and clientele but with an awkward mass market facade that I find unsettling.

I usually frequent Timmies, though the drinks are hit or miss, the prices are great and the lids are better. I like the watered down nature of their coffee, it's easier to swallow.
I get mine with milk as I am lactose intolerant (not terribly so, it's mild) and cream is just asking for trouble. I do end up with cream about 50% of the time and am often too nice to complain. I like sugar in mine, lots of it. Whatever it takes to make it more palatable.

It's a love hate relationship.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
21-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I've spent a fair bit of time in the states. I tried dunkin donuts coffee once, just because it's so common there. Wow. That shit's worse than McDonald's coffee!

Kootenay Roasting Company makes some killer beans. Those boys know how to roast.

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 11:18 AM
(21-08-2012 11:09 AM)lucradis Wrote:  It's a love hate relationship.

Except I'm not hearin' the love part.No

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Here's my local roasters. Father and son. So far I've only tried their coffee once, but it was an A+ brew. Looking forward to trying more from them. I am a huge fan of beans roasted in small batches by local roasters. For me, it's the only way to truly enjoy coffee.

http://www.greenbeancoffeeimports.com/en/home/

21-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I like both coffee and tea.

I have a home espresso machine and use it daily. Make my own Espressos and/or Lattes and/or Cappuchinos and/or Mochas. It's quick and easy, tastes great and I can try out all kinds of coffees. I grind it just before making some.

I like tea black and strong. Sugar and/or lemon in it occasionally, never milk.

Sometimes I like green or white tea, or various herbals.

I also loved the tea in turkey where there are people running around with trays with small glasses of tea and you can buy one almost anyplace. Also the coffee in Greece was good, where they actually boil it.

So I guess my preferences are all over the place, lol. What I don't like is weak, watery stuff.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post