All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: All things coffee
I drink vast amounts but I'm not a connoisseur. Loadsa instant. Only way I can afford my addiction. Love the good stuff when I can get it...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I prefer drinking coffee most of the time although im no connoisseur.

For convenience (and price) I drink instant coffee, normally Nescafe or Kenco.... when I am in my Town Center I occasionally pop into Costa-Coffee to appreciate there vanilla cappuccinos and overpriced pastries.

If I have a full English Breakfast then it has accompanied by a nice cup of tea (blasphemy to some I imagine)

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
21-08-2012, 11:40 AM
(21-08-2012 11:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  I drink vast amounts but I'm not a connoisseur. Loadsa instant. Only way I can afford my addiction. Love the good stuff when I can get it...

You might want to calculate the price per cup of that instant stuff.
I think you'll find you're not saving any money.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:41 AM
(21-08-2012 11:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  I prefer drinking coffee most of the time although im no connoisseur.

For convenience (and price) I drink instant coffee, normally Nescafe or Kenco.... when I am in my Town Center I occasionally pop into Costa-Coffee to appreciate there vanilla cappuccinos and overpriced pastries.

If I have a full English Breakfast then it has accompanied by a nice cup of tea (blasphemy to some I imagine)

Does a full English Breakfast include English Muffins? Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-08-2012, 11:42 AM
My girlfriend is an assistant manager at Starbucks, and I've become very addicted to coffee. She gets a markout each week, and brings home a few bags of coffee. My coffee tastes have expanded sevenfold over the last 6 months. I've also discovered the only good way to drink coffee.

Black.

But Almond Joy creamer is delicious.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Ghost0fBanquo's post
21-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Sorry I forgot to say that I actually do enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning. And my late afternoon cup. What I meant by love hate was that it's taken me a lot of trial and error to find the cup I love. I sort of learned to love it, but when I started drinking it it was purely for it's regenerative properties.

Sorry Chas.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
21-08-2012, 11:45 AM
(21-08-2012 11:42 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  My girlfriend is an assistant manager at Starbucks, and I've become very addicted to coffee. She gets a markout each week, and brings home a few bags of coffee. My coffee tastes have expanded sevenfold over the last 6 months. I've also discovered the only good way to drink coffee.

Black.

But Almond Joy creamer is delicious.

Blascreamer!Censored

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:46 AM
(21-08-2012 11:45 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Sorry I forgot to say that I actually do enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning. And my late afternoon cup. What I meant by love hate was that it's taken me a lot of trial and error to find the cup I love. I sort of learned to love it, but when I started drinking it it was purely for it's regenerative properties.

Sorry Chas.

Love means never having to say you're sorry.Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Ah. Coffee. The world would be a sadder place without it.

Starbuck's Cafe Verona? Yup yup yup. Having a cup right now, as a matter of fact.

I'll have to try Peet's Sulawesi-Kalosi, Erx. People in your neck of the woods really know their coffee. (And I'm looking forward to walking into my local Peet's and saying, "A pound of Sulawesi-Kalosi, please." I love how that sounds!)

Coffee is drunk black. No milk, no cream, no sugar. Ever.

Well . . . there is Irish Coffee. But that's another animal entirely.

Not the least interesting thing about coffee, I find, is the variable local terminology that goes with it. In Australia I had to learn what "flat black" and "flat white" meant; trying to order coffee the way I do at my L.A. Starbucks only drew blank stares. Even in Seattle it was different: a friend clued me in to asking for a "tall drip." Maybe I haven't been listening, but I've never heard that used in So. Cal. Here it would tend to refer to a 6' 2" loser.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
21-08-2012, 11:58 AM
(21-08-2012 11:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Blascreamer!Censored

I'm sorry! Almond Joy creamer just knows how to speak to me, man!

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Things I want to say (and ask) about American food undergroundp 53 1,086 08-01-2014 03:13 PM
Last Post: Chas
  I like food! Here's a couple of things I make! SpaceMonkey 12 310 04-01-2014 10:59 AM
Last Post: SpaceMonkey
  Things I will never eat again GirlyMan 119 4,785 12-03-2013 12:07 PM
Last Post: kellyrm
  Things that surprisingly work well together. earmuffs 42 2,015 09-11-2012 10:21 AM
Last Post: Near
  Profiteroles and Other Things Smooshmonster 1 257 25-08-2012 07:45 PM
Last Post: Erxomai