All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: All things coffee
I drink vast amounts but I'm not a connoisseur. Loadsa instant. Only way I can afford my addiction. Love the good stuff when I can get it...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I prefer drinking coffee most of the time although im no connoisseur.

For convenience (and price) I drink instant coffee, normally Nescafe or Kenco.... when I am in my Town Center I occasionally pop into Costa-Coffee to appreciate there vanilla cappuccinos and overpriced pastries.

If I have a full English Breakfast then it has accompanied by a nice cup of tea (blasphemy to some I imagine)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
21-08-2012, 11:40 AM
(21-08-2012 11:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  I drink vast amounts but I'm not a connoisseur. Loadsa instant. Only way I can afford my addiction. Love the good stuff when I can get it...

You might want to calculate the price per cup of that instant stuff.
I think you'll find you're not saving any money.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:41 AM
(21-08-2012 11:39 AM)bemore Wrote:  I prefer drinking coffee most of the time although im no connoisseur.

For convenience (and price) I drink instant coffee, normally Nescafe or Kenco.... when I am in my Town Center I occasionally pop into Costa-Coffee to appreciate there vanilla cappuccinos and overpriced pastries.

If I have a full English Breakfast then it has accompanied by a nice cup of tea (blasphemy to some I imagine)

Does a full English Breakfast include English Muffins? Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-08-2012, 11:42 AM
My girlfriend is an assistant manager at Starbucks, and I've become very addicted to coffee. She gets a markout each week, and brings home a few bags of coffee. My coffee tastes have expanded sevenfold over the last 6 months. I've also discovered the only good way to drink coffee.

Black.

But Almond Joy creamer is delicious.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Ghost0fBanquo's post
21-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Sorry I forgot to say that I actually do enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning. And my late afternoon cup. What I meant by love hate was that it's taken me a lot of trial and error to find the cup I love. I sort of learned to love it, but when I started drinking it it was purely for it's regenerative properties.

Sorry Chas.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
21-08-2012, 11:45 AM
(21-08-2012 11:42 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  My girlfriend is an assistant manager at Starbucks, and I've become very addicted to coffee. She gets a markout each week, and brings home a few bags of coffee. My coffee tastes have expanded sevenfold over the last 6 months. I've also discovered the only good way to drink coffee.

Black.

But Almond Joy creamer is delicious.

Blascreamer!Censored

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:46 AM
(21-08-2012 11:45 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Sorry I forgot to say that I actually do enjoy my cup of coffee in the morning. And my late afternoon cup. What I meant by love hate was that it's taken me a lot of trial and error to find the cup I love. I sort of learned to love it, but when I started drinking it it was purely for it's regenerative properties.

Sorry Chas.

Love means never having to say you're sorry.Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Ah. Coffee. The world would be a sadder place without it.

Starbuck's Cafe Verona? Yup yup yup. Having a cup right now, as a matter of fact.

I'll have to try Peet's Sulawesi-Kalosi, Erx. People in your neck of the woods really know their coffee. (And I'm looking forward to walking into my local Peet's and saying, "A pound of Sulawesi-Kalosi, please." I love how that sounds!)

Coffee is drunk black. No milk, no cream, no sugar. Ever.

Well . . . there is Irish Coffee. But that's another animal entirely.

Not the least interesting thing about coffee, I find, is the variable local terminology that goes with it. In Australia I had to learn what "flat black" and "flat white" meant; trying to order coffee the way I do at my L.A. Starbucks only drew blank stares. Even in Seattle it was different: a friend clued me in to asking for a "tall drip." Maybe I haven't been listening, but I've never heard that used in So. Cal. Here it would tend to refer to a 6' 2" loser.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
21-08-2012, 11:58 AM
(21-08-2012 11:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Blascreamer!Censored

I'm sorry! Almond Joy creamer just knows how to speak to me, man!

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]