All things coffee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 08:00 AM
RE: All things coffee
I set myself up for failure today. Running late, couldn't get my usual fix and now I'm stuck with crappy options, actually Dunkin is the best option I have Sad Oh and I listened to Dark Side of the Moon on the train in, so I'm in like first gear with no hope of getting into 2nd. I'd like a different substance than coffee but work may frown upon that.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 08:07 AM
(23-08-2012 08:00 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I set myself up for failure today. Running late, couldn't get my usual fix and now I'm stuck with crappy options, actually Dunkin is the best option I have Sad Oh and I listened to Dark Side of the Moon on the train in, so I'm in like first gear with no hope of getting into 2nd. I'd like a different substance than coffee but work may frown upon that.

If DD is your best option, it must be that it is your only option.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-08-2012, 08:11 AM
(23-08-2012 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 08:00 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I set myself up for failure today. Running late, couldn't get my usual fix and now I'm stuck with crappy options, actually Dunkin is the best option I have Sad Oh and I listened to Dark Side of the Moon on the train in, so I'm in like first gear with no hope of getting into 2nd. I'd like a different substance than coffee but work may frown upon that.

If DD is your best option, it must be that it is your only option.Drinking Beverage

I have two other "options". The first tastes like the coffee was filtered through ashes, the second looks like coffee but has no taste, it certainly has none of the essence that our dear liquid is know for. I'm doomed Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
23-08-2012, 08:28 AM
All things coffee
(23-08-2012 08:11 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  If DD is your best option, it must be that it is your only option.Drinking Beverage

I have two other "options". The first tastes like the coffee was filtered through ashes, the second looks like coffee but has no taste, it certainly has none of the essence that our dear liquid is know for. I'm doomed Weeping

I really don't get it. If there are donuts involved, who cares what the coffee tastes like? Just have a mouthful of glazed goodness in your mouth each time you sip!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-08-2012, 08:48 AM
(23-08-2012 08:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 08:11 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have two other "options". The first tastes like the coffee was filtered through ashes, the second looks like coffee but has no taste, it certainly has none of the essence that our dear liquid is know for. I'm doomed Weeping

I really don't get it. If there are donuts involved, who cares what the coffee tastes like? Just have a mouthful of glazed goodness in your mouth each time you sip!

Donuts? Really? That is your solution? Let's just say the gym and I have not been on the best of terms and donuts probably aren't the solution I should use. Oh, what the heck, I cannot refute your brilliance Bowing Donuts it is!

David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-08-2012, 08:57 AM
(23-08-2012 08:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 08:11 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have two other "options". The first tastes like the coffee was filtered through ashes, the second looks like coffee but has no taste, it certainly has none of the essence that our dear liquid is know for. I'm doomed Weeping

If it's Dunkin' Donuts, no actual doughnuts are involved. They sell faux-nuts.

23-08-2012, 09:05 AM
All things coffee
I haven't had DD since about 1980, but I have fond memories. Nom.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-08-2012, 09:12 AM
(23-08-2012 09:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't had DD since about 1980, but I have fond memories. Nom.

In 1980, they weren't bad. Today, yeccchhh.
They don't even make the doughnuts in the shop anymore, they're shipped in.

23-08-2012, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2012 10:26 AM by Erxomai.)
All things coffee
(23-08-2012 09:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-08-2012 09:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I haven't had DD since about 1980, but I have fond memories. Nom.

In 1980, they weren't bad. Today, yeccchhh.
They don't even make the doughnuts in the shop anymore, they're shipped in.

I could really go for a jellie right now Drooling

23-08-2012, 10:00 AM
All good things come from Columbia! I love their coffee too!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post