Poll: Move I&I's threads?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 09:37 AM
RE: All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.
Hi.
My name's Earmuffs and I support this message.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Re: All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.
Several of his politics threads are on legitimate political topics

..he just skewers them each time to be about his conspiracy type ideas.
15-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I voted no.

Remember this forum has a free speech policy... much like the same freedom that applies to individuals to wether they actually wish to read or participate in any thread.

I would suggest that if people want a reasonable and logical debate on anybodys thread and if it should be moved to do it in the Forum Team Matters thread section and speak directly to the Admin/moderators who's group decision it is to decide these things, where you can voice your opinion.

If your still unhappy then you don't have to come here... that is also part of your freedom. Drinking Beverage

The Admin and Mods have my full faith and backing that whatever decision they take on any matter will be a reasonable and well thought out one that has the forums interests at heart and not just the needs of individual/mob rule.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
15-05-2013, 10:36 AM
(15-05-2013 10:24 AM)bemore Wrote:  I voted no.

Remember this forum has a free speech policy... much like the same freedom that applies to individuals to wether they actually wish to read or participate in any thread.

I would suggest that if people want a reasonable and logical debate on anybodys thread and if it should be moved to do it in the Forum Team Matters thread section and speak directly to the Admin/moderators who's group decision it is to decide these things, where you can voice your opinion.

If your still unhappy then you don't have to come here... that is also part of your freedom. Drinking Beverage

The Admin and Mods have my full faith and backing that whatever decision they take on any matter will be a reasonable and well thought out one that has the forums interests at heart and not just the needs of individual/mob rule.

No one is suggesting limiting his speech. The suggestion is for moderators to moderate, to put threads in the appropriate forums.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2013, 10:38 AM
(15-05-2013 10:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  

No one is suggesting limiting his speech. The suggestion is for moderators to moderate, to put threads in the appropriate forums.

This.

15-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Re: RE: All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section.

If your still unhappy then you don't have to come here... that is also part of your freedom. :coffee:

The free speech policy still doesn't mean a thread should be in the incorrect section.
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I & I posts things that are news and politics and then he posts conspiracies to go along with news and politics. I think the idea that he belongs in the conspiracy section is because people are assuming that what he is saying is equivalent to big foot. It isn't, but his conspiracies that pertain to politics and news items, don't fit neatly into either the current conspiracy section, and his conspiracies about the news and politics items don't fit in the news or politics sections either.

In my mind, the news and politics discussion threads are about discussing and sharing news items. And then the conspiracy section is for making accusations about those news items and political discussion. I feel that what I & I does with his threads fits more neatly in the conspiracy section.

But I don't visit his threads anyways and would not visit them no matter where they were posted. So, while I voted yes, it was the with the caveat that I don't really care.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
15-05-2013, 10:46 AM
The problem he has is that he's ruined himself.
Take his thread on should we tax soft drinks heavily. That is a serious topic that could have serious discussion.
ie: I personally think we should tax the shit out of junk food and have tax free fruit and veg (and milk).
But I can't go into an I&I thread and say that because I would be wasting my time.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-05-2013, 11:01 AM
My reasoning on this is the fact that whenever he starts a thread either he makes some insane claim in the OP or waits until someone posts and then snaps at them using his preconceived theory. His posts generally limit the amount of attention any subject receives since it almost always ends up in a fight between him and anyone else posting in the thread. His favorite line is 'Aren't you an Atheist" and as such is conspiracy not news politics or history. Lets just add him to the correct subforum so we can clean up the nonpsycho-bable subs for actual discussion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-05-2013, 12:31 PM
(15-05-2013 10:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The problem he has is that he's ruined himself.
Take his thread on should we tax soft drinks heavily. That is a serious topic that could have serious discussion.
ie: I personally think we should tax the shit out of junk food and have tax free fruit and veg (and milk).
But I can't go into an I&I thread and say that because I would be wasting my time.

You mean you can't go into a thread and agree with someone because it might hurt your ego....